Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Have you  ever been accused by a woman of having sex with her without her permission?

Yes
- 1 (9.1%)
No
- 9 (81.8%)
I'm not sure.
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: August 18, 2019, 10:39:33 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369]

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 164640 times)

Hairy Lime

• Used to be whiskeypriest.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #20520 on: Today at 12:01:09 PM »

You don't see this difference in style between Kamala and Elizabeth?

It ain’t about style...

I think voters dont like the bully in Harris

Started way back during the Kavanaugh hearings
Perhaps the word you need is "uppity".
You and I aren't heroes. This world doesn't make any heroes, outside of your stories

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20521 on: Today at 12:06:13 PM »

Nah

Just unpleasant

I think Dems have already shown they like more warmth/empathy in their chosen leader.

Not that this will help as much with independents in the general.

Rest in peace, Ric Ocasek

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20522 on: Today at 12:08:33 PM »

Of course they have different styles. Is "bitch" only one of two you recognize?

I was asking Barton
The forum has a messaging function if you want to engage in a private exchange.

heh

We were already having an exchange right here.

Yank's butt-in reminded me of cousin Amity (Needs) standing in for Larry yesterday.  Nobody lets the forum breathe a little.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20523 on: Today at 12:12:11 PM »

From the ACLU

Hi Tony –

Today we're in court again to block the Trump administration from continuing to separate families at the border – which they are doing in defiance of the nationwide injunction issued last year. At least 950 parents and children – including babies – have been separated since then.

The administration is manufacturing flimsy reasons to justify separating families, under the guise of child welfare. But most of the allegations would never qualify as a basis for family separation in any state child welfare system.

Do these sound like instances of child welfare to you?

CBP blamed a father for neglect when his two-year-old daughter developed a fever. Then they separated the family and deported the father.
While a mother was hospitalized for a broken leg, her daughter was taken from her, flown across the country, and not reunited even after the mother left the hospital.

A four-year-old boy was separated because his father's speech impediment prevented the father from answering CBP's questions.

A mother was separated from her family due to alleged gang affiliation, because she had eaten at a restaurant frequented by gang members.

Separating a child from their parent is deeply traumatizing. It can carry significant physical and emotional consequences well beyond the period of separation. Some children are separated at such a young age that they can't even remember their parents when they are reunited.

This practice of gratuitous cruelty has no place in our country. That's why we'll keep fighting it – in the courts, in the streets, and in Congress – until each and every family is reunited. And with supporters like you behind us, we know we will win.

Thanks for your support in this fight,

Lee Gelernt
Deputy Director of the ACLU Immigrants' Rights Project

------------------

There is no need to separate families, and we have shrinking cities such as Detroit which need the new immigrants to regrow their populations. Detroit City Council Woman Raquel Lopez has said that she wants our new immigrants from our Southern Border to come to Detroit, we can simply bus our new immigrants to Detroit, and Raquel Lopez will help them, there is no need to separate families.

There is no need to separate families, and there is no need to put children in cages, just bus the people to Detroit and Raquel Lopez will help them.

Also, the unions know where the jobs are, for the immigrants who are coming to the USA to work.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20524 on: Today at 12:14:44 PM »

In sum, China wants to and tried to stop new coal plants, but isn't able to do so yet.  China is heavily committed to renewables.  China is a bad example for you to have chosen . . .

China has reduced coal plant construction in China]
due to heavy pollution and a supply of natural gas.

But it has intentions of investing and building 300 or more Coal Plants in other countries.
The Chinese know how to build them and workers still have to work. And a coal plant has an investment life of 50 years or so.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:16:43 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20525 on: Today at 02:18:21 PM »

Nah

Just unpleasant

I think Dems have already shown they like more warmth/empathy in their chosen leader.

Unpleasant?

The “Angry Black Woman.”
“To be led by a fool is to be lead by the opportunists who control the fool." - Octavia Butler

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20526 on: Today at 02:21:41 PM »

Tony

How much money did they hit you for?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20527 on: Today at 02:23:47 PM »

Nah

Just unpleasant

Unpleasant?

The “Angry Black Woman.”

I have seen plenty of the unpleasant white variety. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20528 on: Today at 02:26:25 PM »

From the end of that piece

But her fall is striking because it was so hard to imagine less than three months ago. Maybe her comeback will seem just as unlikely if and when she can make it.

Nah - not so much

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #20529 on: Today at 02:40:08 PM »

Nah

Just unpleasant

Do you have a political consultancy operation you use to sell this shit?

Because truly the stuff you are pulling from your ass is gold.
Mueller: A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts.
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369]