Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1598895 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #10140 on: February 20, 2019, 08:33:17 PM »

Elba should institute a Squirrel of the Month award.

barton

« Reply #10141 on: February 20, 2019, 08:38:04 PM »

Leaving this out for the nominees.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 08:40:54 PM by Barton »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: February 20, 2019, 08:40:08 PM »

LOL
You already won.

barton

« Reply #10143 on: February 20, 2019, 08:44:40 PM »

"You're gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning!" 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10144 on: February 20, 2019, 08:49:18 PM »

LOL
You already won.

A white nationalist domestic terrorist with plans to cause a mass casualty event in the USA and you put up six posts about a celebrity?

You don’t give a shit about this nation.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: February 20, 2019, 08:50:06 PM »

"You're gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning!"
LOL.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: February 20, 2019, 08:54:16 PM »

Psst.

I think Knicks is trying to sneak in another squirrel.
LOL

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: February 20, 2019, 08:58:10 PM »

LOL
You already won.

A white nationalist domestic terrorist with plans to cause a mass casualty event in the USA and you put up six posts about a celebrity?

God bless whoever figured this out and reported him.

As for Smolett - he clearly has some health issues - I would be concerned for his well being if close to him - and wouldnt expect him to serve any real time.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10148 on: February 20, 2019, 09:51:45 PM »

LOL
You already won.

God bless whoever figured this out and reported him.

As for Smolett - he clearly has some health issues - I would be concerned for his well being if close to him - and wouldnt expect him to serve any real time.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: February 20, 2019, 10:25:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/1098058088299614208

Heh

Doesnt matter.  They love their AOC.

No, just a willful misunderstanding of what she meant.

What else is new?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: February 20, 2019, 10:35:49 PM »

Well.
The Bill of Rights Lives and Breathes!
Thank you SCOTUS( unanimous)!

I would guess that you refer to Dawson v Steager, though you sure chose to be obscure.

For those interested in the case, here's a write-up of it.
https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/02/opinion-analysis-a-win-for-one-taxpayer-but-not-many-more/

Strikes me as a pretty clear decision, too. I'm glad it was 9-0, as I don't see a counter-argument to Gorsuch's decision.

However, it has very few applications outside of this case. Not none, but as the title of the piece suggests, "not many more."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: February 20, 2019, 10:50:05 PM »

Meanwhile, our amoral hypocrites, DimBulbWard and Kiiid, continue to give the Trump administration a pass on their kidnapping of thousands of children, their intentional failure to track them to enable reuniting with parents, and their hiding the fact that there were thousands more than they had previously reported in court reports during the summer of 2018.

But it turns out the lies by the administration go deeper than that - I'd forgotten both that prior to the zero tolerance implementation, the Trump Administration admitted to having already lost nearly 2,000 children in 2017!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/nation-now/2018/05/25/immigration-children-separated-families-lost-column/643793002/

When pressed about safety concerns Secretary Nielsen said, "I just want to say, I couldn't agree with your concerns more, period. We owe more to these children to protect them. So I'm saying I agree, we've taken steps and we will continue to strengthen what our partners do to protect these children."

There are 1,475 reasons not to be reassured by the secretary’s promise.

So much for Secretary Nielsen's commitment.

So much for the integrity of DimBulb and Kiiid - Kiiid who complained that I had to stop.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: February 20, 2019, 10:50:45 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: February 20, 2019, 10:52:10 PM »

LOL
You already won.

Why would he post about that when there is a minority celebrity to be attacking and a way to mock a vulnerable population.

DimBulbWard is an amoral hypocrite.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: February 20, 2019, 10:56:27 PM »

https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1098407582635569152

Yo...... what Ted said.

The best result would be the truth, wherever it goes, Kiiid.

I know you would prefer that it exonerate Trump, regardless of the truth. I'm reminded of Reagan and the report, A Nation at Risk, when he stood up on national television and explained what the report meant, despite not having read or discussed it with anybody -- and what he said had nothing to do with the contents of the report, only with what Reagan wanted it to say.
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 4288