Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584965 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11220 on: March 14, 2019, 09:43:04 AM »

You're being trolled.  He knows the difference between a faith-based belief system, i.e. a religion, and an empirically based method of determining facts, like science.  He is playing stupid and pretending that climatologists and geophysicists take things on faith. 

I invite anyone who feels empirical data doesn't confer knowledge of the real world to demonstrate their position by stepping in front of am oncoming bus. 

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: March 14, 2019, 10:37:27 AM »

You're being trolled.  He knows the difference between a faith-based belief system, i.e. a religion, and an empirically based method of determining facts, like science.  He is playing stupid
No, he is not "playing". I used to think bambu was toying with us, that no one could be that dense, that stupid, that impervious to logic. I thought I had caught a whiff of peed ale about him. But no one could pretend to be an idiot that long or that well. Not even pdale.

It occurs to me many might not recall the former NYT poster whose first known appearance was as an impossibly pedantic literary professor. He was mostly a books forum poster, who would disappear for a few weeks and then come back with a different name and persona. And unlike most multi named posters like RedJimmDickESPN or Hamilracist, he could create and sustain completely different people - he spent weeks as a widow of minor American poet who had been serving in a low level diplomatic position in Japan. His post about being a 14 year old boy having a rope swing over the Ybarra River while gazing at the moon and contemplating some arcane post-modern literary theory was easily the drollest thing I ever read in the NYT. But even he could not keep it up, like playing a total idiot like bambu, for 12 years.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #11222 on: March 14, 2019, 11:12:22 AM »

Ready for the next indictment, everyone?

barton

« Reply #11223 on: March 14, 2019, 12:44:13 PM »

No, Bambu is not riffing a la Pdale or in any marginalia of sesquipedalian Australian or modes of witty antipodes.  I merely postulate that he understands what science does and makes a choice to numb his cerebrum and play possum with that understanding to secure a complacent worldview.  Peering in that comfortable warped lens, he views himself as a sage greybeard who may append wisdom to his name. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11225 on: March 14, 2019, 02:30:13 PM »

I am sure the FAA would have acted quicker had Trump succeeded in having his personal private pilot named head of the FAA. Or if we actually HAD a head of the FAA. Of course, Trump would have actually nominated someone to the position for that to happen. But then, the FAA is part of a pretty broad swath of the government Trump does not give a shit about until circumstances force him to.
Trump grounded the planes.
What’s your point?
That Trump first wanted to appoint a completely person to run the FAA and to this day has not.even nominated a person to head the agency. And that it is a reasonable inference from those facts that Trump does not care about that agency or its mission, until he has to.
What does that have been to do with anything regarding the grounded planes?

If somebody were in charge there who understood what was going on, they probably would have been grounded earlier - and possibly before the second plane went down.
Hmmm  Both crashes involved planes the FAA had no authority over.
 By the way, the acting director, Daniel Elwell, served at the FAA as a deputy Administrator under Michael Huerta who later became the head o f the FAA under Obama,

a) The airlines were not under FAA jurisdiction, but the aircraft were. And given that there was a known issue with potential correction that was delayed, the response to the delay might have been to ground them. Might not.

But it would have happened after the 2nd accident, rather than waiting for world pressure.

The acting director is in a very tentative position - his understanding of what was going on was that the president did not want him to cancel those flights. That was probably foremost in his thinking. The person in charge was not, in all likelihood, the acting director, but the President of the United States.
If you are correct then Trump did exactly what you called for.

a) Trump didn't do it.

b) The FAA did the shutdown after this crash belatedly, but at no direct cost, but...

c) The FAA should have acted when the proposed fix was delayed by the shutdown. The shutdown and the failure of the FAA to act then cost more than 100 lives.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: March 14, 2019, 02:35:59 PM »

https://twitter.com/Cocoa_Bean10/status/1106140660418203649

Deep, meaningful stuff, Kiiid.

And he sure is disguising that Irish heritage, as one commenter observed. "O'Rourke." Never would have guessed!

I'll take "The Sheeps" over "The Flimflam Artist" any day of the week, and I am not a Beto fan.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11227 on: March 14, 2019, 03:03:37 PM »

Trump got another one of his building projects held up with three times the number of defections than were expected a week ago. His act is wearing thin. No wall for mister Adderall.

12 GOP senators remember there is such a thing as the constitution governing this country. It’s a good start. Keep them in board and add eight more, then we can remove the Russian steering software software that yanks the nose of the nation drastically toward the ground in mid flight.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:07:54 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: March 14, 2019, 03:18:02 PM »

The trumps are the sum of what they’ve laundered for the Russian mob. Putin holds the receipts.

British parliament voted overwhelmingly to extend the Brexit deadline till June 30th. Plenty of time for a new referendum and new elections. Plenty of time vote remain and consign what’s left of the conservatives to what was once the river Fleet.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: March 14, 2019, 03:22:01 PM »

P
P
Tape
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: March 14, 2019, 03:25:46 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/politics/senate-vote-yemen-war-powers/

The Senate Democrats and 7 Republicans voted to restrain the administrations Yemen activities. It won't be enough to override a veto, but it's a start.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: March 14, 2019, 03:39:49 PM »

That's what my no1 radio host said;

"Climate change has become a religion"...I heard him say it over the airwaves. That's exactly what he said.
*religion" qualified if you like...of course not a religion like the Royal Wedding...when future King William married his lovely bride Kate..."Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer" hymn..and Her Majesty the Queen looked lovely in yellow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kPkjghup8E&list=PLPqUnGZNG7S5HcgfE4qDaF9-0zewWn-Z_&index=3

Lyrics

Guide me o thou great redeemer
Pilgrim through this barren land
I am weak but thou art mighty
Hold me with thy powerful hand
Bread of heaven
Feed me now and evermore

Open now the crystal fountain
Whence the healing streams do flow
Let the fiery cloudy pillar
Lead me all my journey though
Strong deliverer
Be thou still my strength and shield

________

Master of understanding, no 1 radio host reads everything, studies everything, including all the super-hard-to-grasp stuff...then explains it all to his listeners in plain English so we can understand it.
He's been no 1 in every survey for the past 20 years.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:41:54 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: March 14, 2019, 03:55:30 PM »

School students protesting ''climate change" on the march today in bambuland , to Sydney town hall at noon.
Blocking the roads...stuffing up the orderly flow of the city.
There oughta be a law!

Radio callers to the no1 host's program this morning...it's now 6.46am...they were on fire at 6am...protesting about 'Leftists', 'Left-brainwashing in schools", "what their kids are being taught in schools" etc.

"These protests are just a recruitment drive for Labor"[Left/Far Left Party]... one caller said.

Another, and older guy, said:  "I asked a woman at a 'climate change' stall in a mall, 'what is the percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere'?...'she said 30%'...and said 'I ought to know, I teach science at school'. !!!

Ya can't make this stuff up.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:59:06 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11233 on: March 14, 2019, 03:57:53 PM »

The trumps are the sum of what they’ve laundered for the Russian mob. Putin holds the receipts.

British parliament voted overwhelmingly to extend the Brexit deadline till June 30th. Plenty of time for a new referendum and new elections. Plenty of time vote remain and consign what’s left of the conservatives to what was once the river Fleet.

As for another referendum.....it seems strange to me that some are opposed to having another vote.  People do change their minds, especially people who may have been misled by certain individuals in British politics as well as by outside influences.

Another vote after complete debate on the issue seems the reasonable Road for the Brits to take.

So much for "taking our country back".
They'll never leave the EU...Britain will likely be ruled by the EU forevermore.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: March 14, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »

No1 host is a jackass who created his audience by somehow crossbreeding sheep and worms.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 4288