Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604990 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11355 on: March 15, 2019, 05:18:45 PM »

Instead of bending over backwards to find some sort of justification, wouldn't it be easier, Bambu, if you came out and said that you were okay with the terrorism that took place in New Zealand?

I was waiting for that from someone here, it happens to be you.
Of course I'm not ok with what took place in NZ, as I'm not ok with all the terror attacks by Muslims and others.
Shooter's justification is written in his manifesto.
His actions cannot be justified in any way.
"Of course."

Yes, of course.
I thought that would go without saying.
You've made clear your belief that all Muslims are terrorists (ban them all from the U.S. has been your argument; correct me if I'm wrong).  So why not take your argument to its logical conclusion?  The shooter acted in self-defense.   

Gee it's difficult.
One more time..."Not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslims"...the saying goes.
Seems correct?
As yesterday makes.clear, no, it is not correct. Over the last two years.far more people have died in acts of terrorism by Christian White people than any other.

The IRA does some of them, claimed responsibility for 'letter bombs' [didn't explode] sent to england recently.
Cesar Sayoc says hello.

Trump wanted a ban on certain people from certain countries ..."national security".
Many people in the Christian west agreed with him.
As your every post makes clear, many people from the Christian west are idiots, haters and religious bigots who are willing to excuse terrorism conducted by their fellows.

https://www.adl.org/news/press-releases/right-wing-extremism-linked-to-every-2018-extremist-murder-in-the-us-adl-finds
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11356 on: March 15, 2019, 05:19:54 PM »

Hosted a nice Muslim lady at our home for lunch recently.   

You should ring her up, share your thoughts on the white man's sad oppression.

I see Bambi has spent the last four pages demonstrating the truth of my precipitating comment this morning.   And that he swears like Ned Flanders.  (unless "bulldust" is strong language in Rooville)

'Profanity is the language of the uncouth' - no1 radio host.
Fuck him.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: March 15, 2019, 05:20:39 PM »

Instead of bending over backwards to find some sort of justification, wouldn't it be easier, Bambu, if you came out and said that you were okay with the terrorism that took place in New Zealand?

Of course I'm not ok with what took place in NZ, as I'm not ok with all the terror attacks by Muslims and others.
Then stop trying to justify them.

Is that what authorities are trying to do in NZ and here in US?

"Good people on both sides."

Asked by a reporter if he sees an increase in white nationalism, Trump said: “I don’t really. I think it’s a small group of people.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-newzealand-shooting-trump-nationalism/trump-says-he-does-not-see-white-nationalism-rising-idUSKCN1QW2R6
https://www.adl.org/news/press-releases/right-wing-extremism-linked-to-every-2018-extremist-murder-in-the-us-adl-finds

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: March 15, 2019, 05:27:52 PM »

Your definition of "enablers" and "supporters" has long been all Muslims. Which is why you supported the ban. Because of your belief that all Muslims are terrorists. You can admit it. 

I have never had any problem using the term "Muslim terrorist." 

Some of your best friends are Muslims.  I get it.

Just one.
'Enablers' and 'supporters'...they don't wear signs.
I am reminded of John Oliver's comment about Confederate flag bumper stickers.and belt buckles: they help us, at a glance, identify the worst people on Earth.

Enablers and supporters of yesterday's shooter don't wear signs either. But you will never turn the "logic" you use against Muslims towards your own kind.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: March 15, 2019, 05:33:47 PM »

"Of course."

Yes, of course.
You've made clear your belief that all Muslims are terrorists (ban them all from the U.S. has been your argument; correct me if I'm wrong).  So why not take your argument to its logical conclusion?  The shooter acted in self-defense.   

Gee it's difficult.
One more time..."Not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslims"...the saying goes.
Seems correct?

The IRA does some of them, claimed responsibility for 'letter bombs' [didn't explode] sent to england recently.

Trump wanted a ban on certain people from certain countries ..."national security".

One more time: 70% of terrorist deaths in the United States since 9/11 have been by right wing individuals/groups.

The majority of terrorists in the United States are white men. It is not even close.

Sounds like that may be true in other places, as well.

Not in Europe, Britain, Australia, Canada.
I believe the Muslim Terror/Christian Terror death toll in Canada since 2015
stands at 0/6.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11360 on: March 15, 2019, 05:47:16 PM »

Your definition of "enablers" and "supporters" has long been all Muslims. Which is why you supported the ban. Because of your belief that all Muslims are terrorists. You can admit it. 

Just one.
I am reminded of John Oliver's comment about Confederate flag bumper stickers.and belt buckles: they help us, at a glance, identify the worst people on Earth.

Enablers and supporters of yesterday's shooter don't wear signs either. But you will never turn the "logic" you use against Muslims towards your own kind.

Oh yes I will!
The last mass murderer on Australian soil was Martin Bryant...white male. 'Port Arthur massacre'.
Gun laws were changed.
Auto/semi-auto weapons banned.
Think they're still legal in NZ with a permit. If they are, they should not be.
No need for immigration and travel bans, 'my own kind' are being screened when applying for passports overseas.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: March 15, 2019, 05:50:18 PM »

"Of course."

Yes, of course.

Gee it's difficult.
Seems correct?

One more time: 70% of terrorist deaths in the United States since 9/11 have been by right wing individuals/groups.

The majority of terrorists in the United States are white men. It is not even close.

Sounds like that may be true in other places, as well.

Not in Europe, Britain, Australia, Canada.
I believe the Muslim Terror/Christian Terror death toll in Canada since 2015
stands at 0/6.

delete Canada.

If agencies in Australia hadn't been alert, there would've been dozens of terror attacks in Australia by Muslims, with hundreds or thousands killed.
...as evidenced by the number convicted of plotting such attacks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 06:02:21 PM by bambu-wisdom »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: March 15, 2019, 06:24:00 PM »

The annual tally is controversial. It gives the same hate label to some conservative church or political groups such as Catholic Family Ministries (listed as a "general hate group") or Conservative Republicans of Texas (branded anti-gay) as it does to outfits such as the Ku Klux Klan or American Nazi Party. The SPLC said it has been sued by three groups that say they shouldn't be considered hate groups.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/02/20/hate-groups-white-power-supremacists-southern-poverty-law-center/2918416002/

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: March 15, 2019, 06:43:21 PM »

The annual tally is controversial. It gives the same hate label to some conservative church or political groups such as Catholic Family Ministries (listed as a "general hate group") or Conservative Republicans of Texas (branded anti-gay) as it does to outfits such as the Ku Klux Klan or American Nazi Party. The SPLC said it has been sued by three groups that say they shouldn't be considered hate groups.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/02/20/hate-groups-white-power-supremacists-southern-poverty-law-center/2918416002/
I am not so sure that "we're not as bad as.the Klan" means you are not a hate group.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: March 15, 2019, 07:11:12 PM »

Catholic Family Ministries is a hate group?

Sheesh.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11365 on: March 15, 2019, 07:18:17 PM »

Just one.

Oh yes I will!
The last mass murderer on Australian soil was Martin Bryant...white male.

Shockingly enough, that's not true. It's the last  mass shooting, but not even close to the last mass murderer. Yes, the majority of them are family killings, like the one just last September, with 5 deaths. But not long before that was Dimitrious Gargasoulas, who drove into a crowd. And, honestly, it's not even the last mass shooting, as there was one with 6 murders and a suicide in Osmington in 2018. Then there were the arsons...

So, no, you won't.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11366 on: March 15, 2019, 07:31:11 PM »

Sounds like Bambu-ilk... except for the age.

“Just a ordinary White man, 28 years old. Born in Australia to working class, low income family.

My parents are of Scottish, Irish and English stock. I had a regular childhood, without any great issues. I had little interest in education during my schooling, barely achieving a passing grade.

I am just a regular White man, from a regular family. Who decided to take a stand to ensure a future for my people.”

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #11367 on: March 15, 2019, 08:02:58 PM »

Catholic Family Ministries is a hate group?

Sheesh.

There is this thing called "the Web" -- you can look stuff up on it.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/radical-traditional-catholicism

Adherents of radical traditional Catholicism, or “integrism,” routinely pillory Jews as “the perpetual enemy of Christ” and worse, reject the ecumenical efforts of the Vatican, and sometimes even assert that recent popes have all been illegitimate. These groups are incensed by the liberalizing reforms of the 1962-65 Second Vatican Council, which condemned hatred for the Jews and rejected the accusation that Jews are collectively responsible for deicide in the form of the crucifixion of Christ.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: March 15, 2019, 08:35:18 PM »

Real shame the forum turned as it did after this tragedy.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: March 15, 2019, 09:06:36 PM »

Real shame the forum turned as it did after this tragedy.

Awwwww, poor baby.

There is little new in what we are saying, Kiiid.

There is little new in what Bambi is saying in his ongoing claims of "what can you expect" after all the terrible things white men have had to endure.

There is little new in what you are saying, too, including this kind of broad sweeping, vague complaint.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 4288