Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 784 785 [786] 787 788 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583471 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11775 on: March 25, 2019, 01:21:17 PM »

This isn't a complete exoneration.  Mueller was clear on this point.
So was my barber.
You can't obstruct Justice when there was no crime to cover up in the first place.
Yes you can. I would tell you to read 18 USC 1505, which specifically applies to civil proceedings, for starters - or for that matter, everything in Chapter 73 of Title 15, none of which require an underlying crime - but you won't/can't so why bother.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #11776 on: March 25, 2019, 01:25:33 PM »

"I think Democrats and the liberal media owe the president and they owe the American people an apology. They wasted two years and created a massive disruption and distraction from things that impact everyone's day-to-day life.”

Sarah Sanders

The Russian government has actively attacked our electoral process and that’s ok.

Democrats owe an apology, despite a) the fact that the investigation led to a fuller understanding of Russian interference in our election b) it led to multiple criminal indictments c) Democrats didn't start the investigations, Republicans did and D) her man continues to bask in the glow of "lock her up" chants at every rally despite the same DOJ declining to charge Clinton with anything.

The Huckster.  Laughably dumb, as per usual.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11777 on: March 25, 2019, 01:28:04 PM »

"I think Democrats and the liberal media owe the president and they owe the American people an apology. They wasted two years and created a massive disruption and distraction from things that impact everyone's day-to-day life.”

Sarah Sanders

The Russian government has actively attacked our electoral process and that’s ok.
I guess it is ok with you. Certainly not with our government leaders, democrat or republican.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #11778 on: March 25, 2019, 01:39:32 PM »

Sarah Sanders

I guess it is ok with you. Certainly not with our government leaders, democrat or republican.

"Certainly not" no.  Despite the leader of those republicans and indeed our "President" has not yet acknowledged that Russian attack, and says that he believes Putin's denials.  And both the "President" and republicans in congress have made changes that will make that attack easier next time.

Will that change now that the Mueller report has been released?  Not holding my breath.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11779 on: March 25, 2019, 01:53:02 PM »

So was my barber.
You can't obstruct Justice when there was no crime to cover up in the first place.
Yes you can. I would tell you to read 18 USC 1505, which specifically applies to civil proceedings, for starters - or for that matter, everything in Chapter 73 of Title 15, none of which require an underlying crime - but you won't/can't so why bother.
Talk to my barber then.  The issue is perception not Chapter 73. 

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11780 on: March 25, 2019, 01:54:03 PM »

Sarah Sanders

The leader of the Republican party seems ok with it.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11781 on: March 25, 2019, 02:02:37 PM »

Conservatives here:  Imagine for a moment what it would be like if Republicans got into office the classic way - by developing vision and implementing it with policies that would actually make most voters want to vote for them.  Instead of just pandering to a donor base and figuring out ways to keep other people from voting at all - or making sure their votes don't count.   
Interesting take except for the fact that pandering to the base was exactly what the Hillary campaign was all about.
As a result she lost 99 electoral votes that were won by Obama, many of those votes in states she hardly campaigned in.

Focus. 
I did.
Especially on the comment that Imagine for a moment what it would be like if Republicans got into office the classic way - by developing vision and implementing it with policies that would actually make most voters want to vote for them.
Trump flipped 6 states from 2012 and won in areas Hillary largely ignored especially those containing blue collar workers
who were impressed by GOP promises that have put people back to work, increased wages and
bolstered the economy.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:05:00 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #11782 on: March 25, 2019, 02:13:03 PM »

Conservatives here:  Imagine for a moment what it would be like if Republicans got into office the classic way - by developing vision and implementing it with policies that would actually make most voters want to vote for them.  Instead of just pandering to a donor base and figuring out ways to keep other people from voting at all - or making sure their votes don't count.   
Interesting take except for the fact that pandering to the base was exactly what the Hillary campaign was all about.
As a result she lost 99 electoral votes that were won by Obama, many of those votes in states she hardly campaigned in.

Focus. 
I did.
Especially on the comment that Imagine for a moment what it would be like if Republicans got into office the classic way - by developing vision and implementing it with policies that would actually make most voters want to vote for them.
Trump flipped 6 states from 2012 and won in areas Hillary largely ignored especially those containing blue collar workers
who were impressed by GOP promises that have put people back to work, increased wages and
bolstered the economy.

Couldn't be more wrong.  Ignoring for a second that Trump's campaign was centered around an anti-immigration agenda, not an economic one, Trump ran as a "populist," a different kind of Republican.  He was amenable to raising taxes on the rich, promised not to touch Medicare and Social Security, and said that he would implement a health insurance plan that insured "everyone."

Of course as President, he did the exact opposite on every point.

Trump's election bolsters Oilboyd's point, doesn't dispute it.  Trump is a con man, and conned voters by lying to them (about the above issues, and others.) 

Why can't Republicans win elections without lying about their policy plans, and the intentions of those plans?   The question stands.  With Trump as Exhibit A (as opposed to Individual 1)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11783 on: March 25, 2019, 02:14:28 PM »

So was my barber.

Incorrect.  You absolutely can. 
My barber doesn't care.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #11784 on: March 25, 2019, 02:21:37 PM »

So was my barber.

My barber doesn't care.

If your barber thinks there were no crimes uncovered by the Mueller investigation, and that Trump could not have (correctly) thought that that investigation would uncover the possibility of more crimes that he and the Trump Organization are directly implicated in, then your barber needs to pay better attention to current events.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11785 on: March 25, 2019, 02:43:17 PM »

So was my barber.

My barber doesn't care.
Your barber would rather slit your throat and have his land lady make the worst pies in Toledo out of you. Of.course, having made an idiotic statement about obstruction of justice, you choose to ignore your ignorance. Behave as expected.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11786 on: March 25, 2019, 02:44:43 PM »

So was my barber.

You are factually wrong. Own up to it.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11787 on: March 25, 2019, 02:47:29 PM »

So was my barber.

LOL

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11788 on: March 25, 2019, 02:49:12 PM »

Focus. 
I did.
bolstered the economy.

Couldn't be more wrong.  Ignoring for a second that Trump's campaign was centered around an anti-immigration agenda, not an economic one, Trump ran as a "populist," a different kind of Republican.  He was amenable to raising taxes on the rich, promised not to touch Medicare and Social Security, and said that he would implement a health insurance plan that insured "everyone."

Of course as President, he did the exact opposite on every point.
LOL

Trump's election bolsters Oilboyd's point, doesn't dispute it.  Trump is a con man, and conned voters by lying to them (about the above issues, and others.) 

Why can't Republicans win elections without lying about their policy plans, and the intentions of those plans?   The question stands.  With Trump as Exhibit A (as opposed to Individual 1)
[/quote]

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11789 on: March 25, 2019, 02:58:41 PM »

So was my barber.

LOL
You do not have the manhood to admit being wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 784 785 [786] 787 788 ... 4288