Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1790910 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #12345 on: April 07, 2019, 09:45:14 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/04/world/europe/belgium-kidnapping-congo-rwanda-burundi.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

140 years later, Belgium apologizes for their kidnapping and mistreatment of the mixed race children of Belgian-colonial Africa.

I wonder how long it will take Trump and/or America to apologize for their inhuman actions of the last couple years toward the children of Central America.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: April 07, 2019, 09:50:01 PM »

Trump's being confused about "Jewish People" and "Israelis" is perfectly understandable..
Israel after all is "The Jewish State".

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/trump-confuses-jewish-people-with-israelis-during-speech/ar-BBVHO4k?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Your apologism is duly noted.

Speaking as a Jewish person, I disagree. 40% of the world's Jewish population lives in the United States.

I wrote about 'deep and meaningful ties to Israel' and 'Sons and Daughters of the Star of David' but it got canned by the censor.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: April 07, 2019, 10:03:34 PM »

It was probably between horrible and stupid, Bambi. It was probably for the best.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: April 07, 2019, 10:22:32 PM »

Trump's being confused about "Jewish People" and "Israelis" is perfectly understandable..
Israel after all is "The Jewish State".

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/trump-confuses-jewish-people-with-israelis-during-speech/ar-BBVHO4k?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Your apologism is duly noted.

Speaking as a Jewish person, I disagree. 40% of the world's Jewish population lives in the United States.

I wrote about 'deep and meaningful ties to Israel' and 'Sons and Daughters of the Star of David' but it got canned by the censor.

Shit.
Fuck.

I think it was not the censor, as this program is not running one, and more likely that you screwed up your post all on your own, but presume it must be somebody else's fault. As usual.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: April 07, 2019, 10:23:39 PM »

Going anywhere near "Jews" "Palestinians" "Jewish State" "Israel/Israelis" is like buying a ticket to ride the NYT "Middle East" forum express.
A very bumpy ride.

Israel's new fence is just what's needed in America...Trump should get one the same.

Surely no one's going to try to tell me that the Jewish population who live in the US have nothing to do with Israel, physically or mentally.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: April 07, 2019, 10:24:40 PM »

Going anywhere near "Jews" "Palestinians" "Jewish State" "Israel/Israelis" is like buying a ticket to ride the NYT "Middle East" forum express.
A very bumpy ride.

Israel's new fence is just what's needed in America...Trump should get one the same.

Surely no one's going to try to tell me that the Jewish population who live in the US have nothing to do with Israel, physically or mentally.

Pretty much, Bambi, we've given up trying to tell you anything. There seems to be no point to it.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: April 07, 2019, 10:45:59 PM »

A very bumpy ride.

Pretty much, Bambi, we've given up trying to tell you anything. There seems to be no point to it.

No point to it?
That's because of what you're trying to tell me.

The Vegans are at it again today, ...raiding farms, scaring dairy calves into harm, chaining themselves to posts, and blocking city roads.

"Killing animals at an unsustainable rate"?

But isn't that what the 'climate change' lot want [Paris agreement?]...to 'reduce the herds' because of the methane gas?

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/national-day-of-action-by-animal-activist-group-causes-chaos/ar-BBVHW3d?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:07:45 PM by arafura »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12352 on: April 07, 2019, 11:03:20 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/04/world/europe/belgium-kidnapping-congo-rwanda-burundi.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

140 years later, Belgium apologizes for their kidnapping and mistreatment of the mixed race children of Belgian-colonial Africa.

I wonder how long it will take Trump and/or America to apologize for their inhuman actions of the last couple years toward the children of Central America.

The Belgians also apologized for their role in the assassination of Lumumba and for King Leopold’s reign of terror from 1880 sumthing to 1908. I always wonder why Leopold isn’t mentioned in the same breath with Hitler.

I hope we are in a position to apologize and atone for our nation’s sins in January 2021.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: April 07, 2019, 11:04:29 PM »

A very bumpy ride.

No point to it?
That's because of what you're trying to tell me.

Yes, exactly.

Anything that disagrees with your #1 radio host's erroneous positions cannot be heard by you. It could be raining, but if he said it was dry out, you would go happily without a raincoat and insist that you had not gotten wet.

You will, of course, deny this.

But nobody gives a fuck, Bambi.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: April 07, 2019, 11:04:46 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: April 07, 2019, 11:19:13 PM »

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article228933679.html

The Trump administration refused three US Reps - Congresswomen - admission to a child detention center, illegally.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: April 07, 2019, 11:34:51 PM »

You're trying to tell me that CO2 is destroying the planet...when it's not a pollutant, is only 0.04% of the atmosphere, and only 3% of that CO2 is man-made.
No1 radio host and arafura-ilk are not buying what you're selling.
We reckon [man-made] "climate change" is a hoax.

And we don't like the Opposition Leader's [Leftist] Electric cars policy either. "50% of cars by 2030 must be electric".
He said on FM radio the other day that it would take 8 to 10 minutes to charge an electric car "depending how flat it was"...try 8 to 10 hours.
The cheapest electric car costs about $50,000 'on the road'.
Many people said they won't buy one.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:37:57 PM by arafura »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: April 07, 2019, 11:49:01 PM »

You're trying to tell me that CO2 is destroying the planet...when it's not a pollutant, is only 0.04% of the atmosphere, and only 3% of that CO2 is man-made.

Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly.

Try breathing CO2 and telling me whether it's healthy for you.

Where something is determines what level of hazard it represents. There are many things with a concentration lower than CO2's that can do a lot more harm to you than that.

You and your ilk, in your aggressive ignorance, have a good chance of destroying human civilization more than the CO2 will. You're so sure that the thousands of scientists who disagree with your position are trying to pull one over on your plucky billionaires and the oh-so-wise radio hosts of the world.

The reasoning about man's contribution to the total CO2 being too small to matter has been smashed flat for more than a decade. Here's one approachable article on the topic, but I doubt you will believe it - like I said, if it disagrees with your beloved ex-radio host, you cannot accept it.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11638-climate-myths-human-co2-emissions-are-too-tiny-to-matter/

It's a wonder you ever take a vaccine.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: April 08, 2019, 12:00:31 AM »

Bambi, you won’t need one. Just surround that toilet you post from with a spiffy new fence.

Larry, I hadn’t though about how Leopold and Hitler stack against each other. That I hadn’t gives me food for thought. I’m familiar with the outline of the story so know Leopold gained admission to the deeper circles of hell.

Josh, you are an exemplar of forbearance. I’m glad to be part of your cat herd.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: April 08, 2019, 12:19:38 AM »

Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly.

Try breathing CO2 and telling me whether it's healthy for you.

Where something is determines what level of hazard it represents. There are many things with a concentration lower than CO2's that can do a lot more harm to you than that.

You and your ilk, in your aggressive ignorance, have a good chance of destroying human civilization more than the CO2 will. You're so sure that the thousands of scientists who disagree with your position are trying to pull one over on your plucky billionaires and the oh-so-wise radio hosts of the world.

The reasoning about man's contribution to the total CO2 being too small to matter has been smashed flat for more than a decade. Here's one approachable article on the topic, but I doubt you will believe it - like I said, if it disagrees with your beloved ex-radio host, you cannot accept it.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11638-climate-myths-human-co2-emissions-are-too-tiny-to-matter/

It's a wonder you ever take a vaccine.

I have every vaccine going.
Everything from flu to polio.
Had a whooping cough booster couple of years ago...respected doctor said on tv that she had one...because if older folk caught it they could cough so badly they could break ribs, not sure if spine too.

Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 4288