Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584831 times)

arafura

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #12780 on: April 19, 2019, 04:05:51 AM »

They could take the places of some of the scumbag pedophiles, thugs, and gangsters who are being booted out.

Where are they sending you?

In your case we actually are full up. Sorry.

LOL

They are being sent back to Britain and NZ mostly.
Unlike them, I was born here. Congratulations to me.

Migrate to USA?
No can do, I would never survive there.
Not enough free stuff, and too much snow...too many storms/twisters/floods, gun-toting thugs/armed home invaders.
The only places I could afford to live would be in "The worst 10 states in America".
Shovelling snow...no, no, no.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12781 on: April 19, 2019, 04:13:46 AM »

Not a false alarm Josh, just a timely one as that disaster is still pending.

http://www.bbvaresearch.com/en/publicaciones/u-s-economic-outlook-february-2019/

They are cooking the books as the economy rots. It’s “Daddy called it voodoo-nomics” Bush policy on steroids or Adderall.

The one thing trump does besides suckering rubes while being suckered by goons is going spectacularly bankrupt.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12782 on: April 19, 2019, 05:45:51 AM »

Are y'all sure you haven't convicted Trump not by evidence, but on the cut of his jib, which you don't much fancy?
It does happen you know.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/analysis-fraser-island-dingo-attack-final-proof-for-lindy-chamberlain-doubters/news-story/61c28726a6d7e5172d90b89993f0333f

Lindy forgave jurors who admitted they convicted her not on the evidence but on the cut of her jib, which they didn’t much fancy.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12783 on: April 19, 2019, 08:53:33 AM »

Robert Mueller "established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts."

That means that only one of these was a false alarm:
RUSSIA!
COLLUSION!
OBSTRUCTION!
CONSPIRACY!
RECESSION!
COVERUP

The rest of them are true, plain and simple.

The case for Russia's tampering with our election is provided.
The case for collusion is provided.
The case for obstruction of justice by the president is provided, underscored, and highlighted.
The case for conspiracy is provided.
The case for coverup is ongoing.

The only people who can't or won't come to grips with the truth are people like Ward and Kiiid.

I doubt that anything will come of an effort to impeach him, based on the current circumstance, despite the facts that Trump has broken the law in a bunch of ways - proven facts. OTOH, there are ongoing investigations; perhaps more will come out.

The GOP's amoral double standards are illustrated yet again.
I don't know, Josh. Gas is up to over 3.00 a gallon. Red argued temporally low prices a few weeks ago meant that tax cuts worked and the economy is booming. Spiraling gas.prices should.lead.to the opposite conclusion. QED!
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

barton

« Reply #12784 on: April 19, 2019, 09:19:52 AM »

It's his own gas he should be monitoring.

Quod erat flatulencium.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #12786 on: April 19, 2019, 09:38:56 AM »

Are y'all sure you haven't convicted Trump not by evidence, but on the cut of his jib, which you don't much fancy?

Facts, not jib.  A summary of Mueller's findings may help you understand...which I see several members posted here.  Did you miss all those pages?

https://apnews.com/91b640225af04df3abd9b7a33f9c7f01

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12787 on: April 19, 2019, 09:44:26 AM »

Facts, not jib.  A summary of Mueller's findings may help you understand...which I see several members posted here.  Did you miss all those pages?

https://apnews.com/91b640225af04df3abd9b7a33f9c7f01

Bambi's made up his mind. Don't go trying to confuse him by delivering facts.

As he has proven, he cares naught for facts, only for the voice of his #1 radio-host.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #12788 on: April 19, 2019, 09:54:25 AM »

“To my fellow Republicans: Having read the Mueller report, you may decide that nothing in it requires or justifies the impeachment of Donald Trump,” Bill Kristol, a prominent conservative critic of the president, said on Twitter. “But, having read the report, do you have no qualms about deciding this man deserves our party’s renomination as president?”

The Cult of Personality means that voices of reason in the GOP are no longer listened to. 

The Dems need to start weeding out the one-issue contenders like Andrew Yang and Jay Inslee (however cool their ideas may be) and get behind a power hitter like Warren.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12789 on: April 19, 2019, 10:15:08 AM »

Kristol. like so many others, doesnt like this president as a person.  Thinks he is a crass, bullying blowhard.

That's fine.

But maybe Bill should start opining on the job performance rather than the appearance of our leader.

I like Bill.  I am tolerating him, waiting on him at this time.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #12790 on: April 19, 2019, 10:25:28 AM »

Job performance!!!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #12791 on: April 19, 2019, 11:37:51 AM »

Kristol. like so many others, doesnt like this president as a person.  Thinks he is a crass, bullying blowhard.

That's fine.

But maybe Bill should start opining on the job performance rather than the appearance of our leader.

I like Bill.  I am tolerating him, waiting on him at this time.

The Mueller Report documents multiple instances of attempted obstruction and collusion with a hostile foreign power to influence the election; a profile of an Administration unparalleled in its willingness to lie and in its complete disdain for the rule of law. 

And in this context kiidcarter8 still thinks any objection to Trump as President of the United States must be based on his "appearance."

kiidcarter8, if I knew you, you would be the stupidest person I have ever met.  Don't know how else to say it.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #12792 on: April 19, 2019, 11:44:16 AM »

It has nothing to do with Trump.  It is about the absolute stupidity of the democrats.

Forget the multiple indictments (and 12 of 14 referred criminal prosecutions still sealed), attempted criminality (if not successful) and the lie after lie the Mueller Report exposed...after Benghazi(!) Fast and Furious(!) Solyndra(!) and the Nunes Memo(!) even if the Mueller Report had come up empty REDSTATEWARD, Republicans are in no position to point fingers at anyone else's "stupidity."

10 instances of Obstruction of Justice committed by Donald Trump.  10.  But "it has nothing to do with Trump."

The ability of the Trumpists to warp their own perceived reality so that the man they worship may remain angelic is actually impressive.  The one thing about their intellectual capacity that is.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #12793 on: April 19, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »

Red got a tax cut.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12794 on: April 19, 2019, 11:57:26 AM »

It has nothing to do with Trump.  It is about the absolute stupidity of the democrats.

Forget the multiple indictments (and 12 of 14 referred criminal prosecutions still sealed), attempted criminality (if not successful) and the lie after lie the Mueller Report exposed...after Benghazi(!) Fast and Furious(!) Solyndra(!) and the Nunes Memo(!) even if the Mueller Report had come up empty REDSTATEWARD, Republicans are in no position to point fingers at anyone else's "stupidity."

10 instances of Obstruction of Justice committed by Donald Trump.  10.  But "it has nothing to do with Trump."

The ability of the Trumpists to warp their own perceived reality so that the man they worship may remain angelic is actually impressive.  The one thing about their intellectual capacity that is.
Your response had no relevance to my post. You might want to go back and read it.
Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 4288