Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1874811 times)

arafura

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13035 on: April 24, 2019, 07:42:49 PM »

Yes, all Syrians are not the same.
Is why all refugees and immigrants must be identified and background-checked before being allowed into the 'Christian' west.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: April 24, 2019, 08:05:08 PM »

'If they're not on your soil, and you're not on their soil...they can't blow you up/hack you to death' - bambu

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: April 24, 2019, 08:10:48 PM »

Sufficiently staff your borders is actually a decent pillar of a functional policy.

NY gets to compare the DB records to the state returns for the organization and the grotesque molester himself. They can forward what the find to congress at the same time they file indictments.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: April 24, 2019, 08:27:11 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/23/politics/andy-mckean-iowa-gop-lawmaker-change-party/index.html

Another lawmaker leaves the GOP for the Democrats.

Mercy!  What will we do?

Nothing, I imagine, same as you did while the Dipshit-in-Chief has been undermining the government and preventing us from dealing with Russia's efforts to subvert our voting process.

What a principled member of a party would do (and a principled party) is listen to what the man is saying and work to understand what they are doing wrong.

Just keep on being you, Kiiid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: April 24, 2019, 08:46:41 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/23/politics/andy-mckean-iowa-gop-lawmaker-change-party/index.html

Mercy!  What will we do?

Nothing, I imagine, same as you did while the Dipshit-in-Chief has been undermining the government and preventing us from dealing with Russia's efforts to subvert our voting process.

I refer you to the leader of our party:

https://secure.marketwatch.com/story/jared-kushner-downplays-russia-election-interference-by-saying-they-bought-some-facebook-ads-2019-04-23?link=MW_latest_news

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: April 24, 2019, 08:47:17 PM »

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/24/hhs-transgender-1379336

Preparing to roll back protections for the transgender population.

"Pro-life."

Amoral hypocrites, just like Kiiid and Ward.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: April 24, 2019, 08:48:22 PM »

Mercy!  What will we do?

I refer you to the leader of our party:

https://secure.marketwatch.com/story/jared-kushner-downplays-russia-election-interference-by-saying-they-bought-some-facebook-ads-2019-04-23?link=MW_latest_news

No doubt with a straight face.

I'll take Mueller's word on it over Jared "I don't qualify for a security clearance" Kushner's.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: April 24, 2019, 08:51:48 PM »

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status/1121199894201548800

Just what we want in the US -

a college student with terrorist tendencies.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13044 on: April 24, 2019, 09:11:28 PM »

(reply to Red's last post - quote function is glitching FSR)

Politics, obviously.  Dems want to win in 2020 and push a positive agenda of progressive policy-crafting.  They are anxious that an impeachment trial (which would only result in censure, due to the Senate) would shift focus off that.  I would have agreed, before seeing the M report...and this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/us/politics/russia-2020-election-trump.html

45 is essentially blocking cyberdefense of our democratic process.  That is blatant grounds for ejection from office.

You and Oily posted the same link this a.m.  That's frightening.  I mean what's reported, not that you both posted it.

It may be politically expedient, per Pelosi, not to go right for impeachment, but I'm not sure the Democratic party can really claim to any integrity if it doesn't pretty soon.  Part of the basis of representative democracy is that we elect people who are expected to know more than we do (or most of us, anyway) about how to secure the common good and protect democracy and the constitution.

This reminds of something an elder friend trump led me when I was a young political operative demanding we attack the county GOP head on regardless the consequences. He said, “Son, there are two bulls on a hill watching over the herd and the younger one says, ‘let’s run down there and fuck some of those cows!’ The older bull replied, ‘Let’s walk down there and fuck them all.’

Most folks around the country don’t have the Mueller report at the top of their list of priorities so like the SOS Band sang, “Baby we can do it take your time do it right!”

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/04/22/report-shifts-focus-to-wary-democrats-now-weighing-trump-impeachment-prospects/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13045 on: April 24, 2019, 09:12:56 PM »

Dude. Your mendacity seems to have no bottom.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: April 24, 2019, 09:40:13 PM »

Politics, obviously.  Dems want to win in 2020 and push a positive agenda of progressive policy-crafting.  They are anxious that an impeachment trial (which would only result in censure, due to the Senate) would shift focus off that.  I would have agreed, before seeing the M report...and this:

45 is essentially blocking cyberdefense of our democratic process.  That is blatant grounds for ejection from office.

You and Oily posted the same link this a.m.  That's frightening.  I mean what's reported, not that you both posted it.

It may be politically expedient, per Pelosi, not to go right for impeachment, but I'm not sure the Democratic party can really claim to any integrity if it doesn't pretty soon.  Part of the basis of representative democracy is that we elect people who are expected to know more than we do (or most of us, anyway) about how to secure the common good and protect democracy and the constitution.

This reminds of something an elder friend trump led me when I was a young political operative demanding we attack the county GOP head on regardless the consequences. He said, “Son, there are two bulls on a hill watching over the herd and the younger one says, ‘let’s run down there and fuck some of those cows!’ The older bull replied, ‘Let’s walk down there and fuck them all.’

Most folks around the country don’t have the Mueller report at the top of their list of priorities

By essentially forcing Democrats to keep filing lawsuits to try to enforce their subpoenas, Mr. Trump will be fighting what he can portray as “presidential harassment” and to stall the inquiries themselves.

No  collusion and no criminal obstruction.
It is a political battle now. And dems seem to b blinking.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: April 24, 2019, 10:26:20 PM »

Going to have to shutter Liberty University, then Duke. Hotbeds both. It starts with the trustees.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13048 on: April 24, 2019, 10:27:51 PM »

Most folks around the country don’t have the Mueller report at the top of their list of priorities

By essentially forcing Democrats to keep filing lawsuits to try to enforce their subpoenas, Mr. Trump will be fighting what he can portray as “presidential harassment” and to stall the inquiries themselves.

No  collusion and no criminal obstruction.
It is a political battle now. And dems seem to b blinking.

You’re looking at the wrong tea leaves and they aren’t even in the right cup. Bud.
That strategy will only work with that core support group... dupes and suckers, like you.
You’re banking on all the employees being subpoenaed hanging tough and not showing up. That calls for total loyalty and commitment from his subordinates... pardon me as I get back off the floor from laughing my ass.

The Mueller Report is the script. The House hearings will be the TV show.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: April 24, 2019, 10:31:45 PM »

Red doesn’t realize what a weird pervert he is. It’s an offshoot of Dunning-Kruger.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 4288