Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1872575 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13065 on: April 25, 2019, 09:23:35 PM »

Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 election because she was an entitled boor

There is an entitled boor in the White House. A most common man born to wealth otherwise he’d be a squeegee guy at the off ramp of the Queensborough Bridge.

Trumpists sure like to project, don’t they?
Lol

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: April 25, 2019, 09:43:11 PM »

Red’s little gibber is his way of saying you have him pegged dead to rights.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13067 on: April 26, 2019, 12:07:24 AM »

RIP Hondo

#17 John Havlicek. Hall of Fame.

God I hated him. My buds and I referred to him as a John Fucking Havlicek!

We hated him because he drove a stake through the hearts of my fellow
Knicks fans too many times to count.

That was respect. He was one of the all time greats.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13068 on: April 26, 2019, 12:08:33 AM »

They figure no one notices the hypocrisy.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: April 26, 2019, 02:18:02 AM »

They figure no one notices the hypocrisy.

They figure it doesn't matter whether anybody notices or not. Between the NRA and gerrymandering, they think they are secure - with enough ideologues who hate non-whites to put them over the top, overall, and legislators without principles.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/01/republicans-block-money-election-security/884438002/

Money to enhanace election security? Block it, but keep claiming that the Dems only win because of election fraud!

It's the American Way, right, Ward?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: April 26, 2019, 07:42:26 AM »

Congress had allocated $380 million in election security grants in March after intelligence assessments detailed a coordinated and continued effort by Russia to interfere in U.S. elections.

The blocked $250 million would have covered the fiscal year 2019, which starts Oct. 1, just ahead of the midterm elections.

Republicans have argued it is too soon to allocate new money for the following year and want to see how states use the $380 million already set aside for election security efforts

Sensible.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #13072 on: April 26, 2019, 09:58:40 AM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: April 26, 2019, 10:58:46 AM »

https://twitter.com/madisongesiotto/status/1121774592513708032

We'll see, Maddy

I do figure Dems may just nominate someone (other than JB) that will be a meal for Trump.  But you never know.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13076 on: April 26, 2019, 11:17:41 AM »

Sensible.

Yeah.  Totally.

Question:  Isn’t it on the benefactor of Russian interference to come out and say publicly “I don’t want the help, its counter to our democratic interests, and I will in no way use or reference material stolen by Russia, or reward their meddling once in office.” 

Instead, Trump looks at Putin the way GaGa looks at Cooper, Kushner lies about the extent of Russian interference (he was at the fucking Trump Tower meeting) and Trump’s campaign manager denies there was any Russian help at all.  Why doesn’t that bother posters like kiidcarter8 and REDSTATEWARD?

It is as good as fact that Russia will again interfere in the 2020 elections, and will do so to Trump and Republican’s benefit.  And whatever steps Facebook and Twitter may take to curb the disinformation they spread (and I don’t have confidence that they will do much) there will be more stolen emails and opposition research, more targeted misinformation, and more chaos sowed in whatever way the Russians can. 

And what if it goes further?  The Mueller Report says there was successful hacking of election systems.  The FBI will be talking to Scott about the successful hacking of at least one precinct in Florida.  What if they get better at it?  What if, in 2020, they manage to shut down precincts on election day, or even change the voting tally? 

Kiidcarter8 hides behind a few hundred million given to states for election security (that’s about $7.6 million per state, if you do the math)   while Federal efforts go backwards and our “President” practically welcomes further interference.

For kiidcarter8 and REDSTATEWARD their opinion of the coming attacks is wrapped up entirely in who the benefactors will be.  Which is understandable, partisan unpatriotic shits that they are.  But the same can obviously be said of our “President.”   And if that isn’t impeachable, I don’t know what is.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13077 on: April 26, 2019, 11:24:40 AM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1121755785246195712

Understandable why Trump lies about the effectiveness of his administration, and not at all surprising.  This is someone who makes daily claims about how much wall he has built when he has built zero feet of new wall.  Zero.

But the impeachment debate has nothing to do with how well (or not) he has pursued his policy agenda, which is why the TV ad (How dare they deface my Fox and Friends!) didn't mention it. 

This isn't hard.  You are disloyal to the country , fail to defend our Democracy, and break the law while in office, you shouldn't be President.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #13078 on: April 26, 2019, 11:38:51 AM »

I thought she lost because Bernie pushed her over the edge. Bernie wants free schools, I want free schools and open borders. Bernie wants environmental controls I want that and an end to dirty filthy coal mines. HRC loves the Saudis and supports Arab spring. BHO was forced to dump her as SOS after Libya.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 4288