Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1607541 times)

arafura

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13215 on: April 29, 2019, 07:35:14 PM »

Anaheim has a new transportation service with clean electric buses which carry passengers around Anaheim for free, and it has my Mother's name, FRAN...

https://rideart.org/fran/

I think it is cool. If you have someone with bad knees or whatever who cannot easily walk around or ride bicycles or whatever, then it is nice that Anaheim gives people free rides, and the buses are clean energy.

Salute,

Tony V.

Electric buses...all good.
How do they charge the batteries?

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13216 on: April 29, 2019, 07:42:27 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/christchurch-shooting-revenge-attack-thwarted-in-us/ar-AAAI9U0?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Christchurch shooting revenge attack thwarted in US

American authorities have thwarted an alleged plot by an army veteran to bomb a white supremacist rally as revenge for the Christchurch terror attacks.

On Friday (local time), 26-year-old Mark Domingo, a convert to Islam, was arrested while in the final stages of planning to plant a bomb at a white supremacist rally on Sunday at California's Long Beach.

The Associated Press reports that court documents show he had discussed attacks against Jewish people, churches and police officers. If he survived the bombing at Long Beach, he also allegedly had plans to attack other centres.

Domingo had allegedly planned, since March, to use a weapon of mass destruction to committ mass murder as revenge for the Christchurch mosque attacks.

After the shooting, he wrote on social media that there needed to be retribution.

According to documents, he purchased three-inch nails as materials for the bomb because "they would be long enough to penetrate the human body and puncture internal organs".

#####

Well there you go

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13217 on: April 29, 2019, 07:57:50 PM »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/wisconsin-michigan-pennsylvania-election-hillary-clinton-hacked-manipulated-donald-trump-swing-a7433091.html

What if this were demonstrated to be true beyond a reasonable doubt?

What should the government's response be?
Notice the dateline

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Yes.

Now answer the question.
The question was never asked.

Gee, you quoted my question and you still think it wasn't asked?

Answer the queston: if it had been demonstrably proven beyond a reasonable doubt, what should the government have done about it?
That is a question for Hillary.

No, it is a question for all of us.

I wasn't asking what Clinton should have done nor what she thinks the government should have done, but what you think the government should have done.

I am still asking it.
Did you even read the article?

Is it that hard for you to answer the question?
I was right. There is no question to answer.
Nothing could happen with any government without Hillary answering a question.

Bullshit and more bullshit.

The discovery of wrongdoing itself propels action.
There was no discovery of “ wrong doing” in the article you posted.
Your answer is that you only think the government should act if a Democrat got in by illegal machinations, but if a Republican gets in that way, it is fine with you.
I said no such thing

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13218 on: April 29, 2019, 09:04:00 PM »

Anaheim has a new transportation service with clean electric buses which carry passengers around Anaheim for free, and it has my Mother's name, FRAN...

https://rideart.org/fran/

I think it is cool. If you have someone with bad knees or whatever who cannot easily walk around or ride bicycles or whatever, then it is nice that Anaheim gives people free rides, and the buses are clean energy.

Salute,

Tony V.

Electric buses...all good.
How do they charge the batteries?

The buses are being charged by city owned power. And some of the money from the electricity payments goes towards helping the homeless, etc. Anaheim owns its own power company, and some of the money goes into a general fund to be used by the people however we want. We can help the homeless, and we can build new train stations, and we can build new parks and we can build more cool places like the Hollywood Bowl and the Greek Theatre, etc, etc, etc. And Anaheim needs a movie studio, and filmmaking equipment rentals, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13220 on: April 29, 2019, 09:25:14 PM »

Just the most recent of Trump's lies:

"The baby is born; the mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. Then the doctor & mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby."

There is a quality to these lies that are really unbelievably bold.  Just like Trump's lies about vaccination...so detailed, so personal, like it actually happened to him or that he has seen it, and every word of it completely untrue. 

So many questions, so here is another that will go unanswered:  How can someone lie to you like this and still retain some credibility in your mind?  Or is it that you actually think what Trump is saying here is happening?

Better question is do you think it never happens.

No, that is not a better question.

I see you have the same problem that Ward does. You cannot answer a simple question.

And we are sure that Trump is accurate some percent of the time and simply not lying some other percentage of the time, given that he has only lied 10,000 times in the last little while.

Oh, you mean where the doctor and parent(s) do as Trump described?

There are ZERO recorded instances of it, Kiiid. Trump made it up from a movie he saw, same as he has several other items along the way.

And it is still not as good a question.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13221 on: April 29, 2019, 09:29:53 PM »

Your answer is that you only think the government should act if a Democrat got in by illegal machinations, but if a Republican gets in that way, it is fine with you.
I said no such thing

a) I did not say there was, Ward. I am asserting that if such a thing were to occur, that the discovery of that occurrence ought to be sufficient to prompt government action.

b) I have asked you what action you think the government should take if such a thing were to occur.

c) You said no such thing verbatim, but your unwillingness to answer the question (as mentioned, but not asked) in (b)) suggests that that is indeed how you feel on the topic, even as you refuse to admit it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:38:18 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13222 on: April 29, 2019, 09:39:06 PM »

Muslims massacred at mosque in New Zealand.

Christians massacred at church in Sri Lanka.

Jews massacred at synagogue in California.

All across the world, our faiths are under attack. They want us to hate each other. They want us to fight. They want a war.

Yes we have different faiths. Yes we disagree. But we have to remember that we all worship the same God. And the last thing He wants is his children to fight.
~Jeremy McLellan

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13223 on: April 29, 2019, 10:27:09 PM »

Muslims massacred at mosque in New Zealand.

Christians massacred at church in Sri Lanka.

Jews massacred at synagogue in California.

All across the world, our faiths are under attack. They want us to hate each other. They want us to fight. They want a war.

Yes we have different faiths. Yes we disagree. But we have to remember that we all worship the same God. And the last thing He wants is his children to fight.
~Jeremy McLellan

Cut bono?

White supremacists/Nationalists and fascists the world over.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13224 on: April 29, 2019, 10:36:10 PM »

I said no such thing

a) I did not say there was, Ward. I am asserting that if such a thing were to occur, that the discovery of that occurrence ought to be sufficient to prompt government action.

b) I have asked you what action you think the government should take if such a thing were to occur.

c) You said no such thing verbatim, but your unwillingness to answer the question (as mentioned, but not asked) in (b)) suggests that that is indeed how you feel on the topic, even as you refuse to admit it.

If you read the article you posted you would have seen the answer to a question Hillary did not ask
i.e. “ could I have a recount?”

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13226 on: April 29, 2019, 11:01:43 PM »

REDSTATEWARD doesn't need to answer the questions he has been asked re: Russia's election interference.  His transparent dodges reflect his position in a more honest way than any attempted answers would.
He seems to have  no need to even complete his sentences.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13227 on: April 29, 2019, 11:44:33 PM »

Let the rat fucking and skullduggery begin in earnest. The only way this could have had less credibility was if it came out of the O’Keefe shop.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/far-right-smear-merchants-jacob-wohl-and-jack-burkman-try-to-slime-pete-buttigieg-with-bogus-sex-assault-claim

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13228 on: April 30, 2019, 12:12:22 AM »

I said no such thing

If you read the article you posted you would have seen the answer to a question Hillary did not ask
i.e. “ could I have a recount?”

The question got answered, anyway, Ward.

It would not have been substantially different had Clinton asked it than when Jill "Green is the new Red" Stein asked it. The answer about a recount was "not really, no, and if we start to see anything changing, we will shut down your partial recounts."

And... you still are not answering the question I asked.

You are a coward, as well as an amoral hypocrite.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13229 on: April 30, 2019, 06:11:55 AM »

Rod Rosenstein is a better lawyer and writer than Bill Barr. Barr took 19 pages of mealy mouthed BS mock legal reasoning in his audition letter. Rosenstein was much more succinct and subtly snarky in his letter auditioning to be a congressional, criminal, and civil witness against Trump world.

“Our private conversations”

nice.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 4288