Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605429 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13230 on: April 30, 2019, 07:17:59 AM »

There was no discovery of “ wrong doing” in the article you posted.
Your answer is that you only think the government should act if a Democrat got in by illegal machinations, but if a Republican gets in that way, it is fine with you.
I said no such thing

a) I did not say there was, Ward. I am asserting that if such a thing were to occur, that the discovery of that occurrence ought to be sufficient to prompt government action.

b) I have asked you what action you think the government should take if such a thing were to occur.

c) You said no such thing verbatim, but your unwillingness to answer the question (as mentioned, but not asked) in (b)) suggests that that is indeed how you feel on the topic, even as you refuse to admit it.

If you read the article you posted you would have seen the answer to a question Hillary did not ask
i.e. “ could I have a recount?”

The question got answered, anyway, Ward.

It would not have been substantially different had Clinton asked it than when Jill "Green is the new Red" Stein asked it. The answer about a recount was "not really, no, and if we start to see anything changing, we will shut down your partial recounts."

And... you still are not answering the question I asked.

You are a coward, as well as an amoral hypocrite.
LOL!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13231 on: April 30, 2019, 08:37:18 AM »

There was no discovery of “ wrong doing” in the article you posted.
Your answer is that you only think the government should act if a Democrat got in by illegal machinations, but if a Republican gets in that way, it is fine with you.
I said no such thing

a) I did not say there was, Ward. I am asserting that if such a thing were to occur, that the discovery of that occurrence ought to be sufficient to prompt government action.

b) I have asked you what action you think the government should take if such a thing were to occur.

c) You said no such thing verbatim, but your unwillingness to answer the question (as mentioned, but not asked) in (b)) suggests that that is indeed how you feel on the topic, even as you refuse to admit it.

If you read the article you posted you would have seen the answer to a question Hillary did not ask
i.e. “ could I have a recount?”

The question got answered, anyway, Ward.

It would not have been substantially different had Clinton asked it than when Jill "Green is the new Red" Stein asked it. The answer about a recount was "not really, no, and if we start to see anything changing, we will shut down your partial recounts."

And... you still are not answering the question I asked.

You are a coward, as well as an amoral hypocrite.

You mean Republican...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #13232 on: April 30, 2019, 09:08:39 AM »

The House’s Intelligence and Financial Services Committees issued subpoenas to Deutsche Bank, a longtime lender to Mr. Trump’s real estate company, and other financial institutions two weeks ago, seeking a long list of documents and other materials related to Deutsche Bank’s history of lending and providing accounts to Mr. Trump and his family. People with knowledge of the investigation said it related to possible money laundering by people in Russia and Eastern Europe.

Trump Sues Deutsche Bank and Capital One to Block Compliance With Subpoenas   
  (NYT, 4/30)

Question: does any legal right to privacy apply in the case of a US president where there is possibly an undue influence on said president from a foreign power ---- and then Congress, in its oversight role, looks into this? 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: April 30, 2019, 09:19:44 AM »

TRUMP ORDERS OVERHAUL TO ASYLUM SYSTEM

Yyyyepppppp   -   gettin it done.

barton

« Reply #13234 on: April 30, 2019, 09:47:54 AM »

Skipping my question so soon?   I guess it is a little scary....

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: April 30, 2019, 10:19:36 AM »

As usual with Trump, in the most dickish way possible. If there is a level of cruelty or spite Trump can lay on a problem, he invariably does it. Like telling people fleeing poverty and oppression they need to pony up. "Fuck you tired poor huddled masses yearning to breathe free! Fuck you poverty stricken people fleeing with nothing more than the shirts on your backs! Fuck all you!"
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: April 30, 2019, 10:52:23 AM »

Just the most recent of Trump's lies:

"The baby is born; the mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. Then the doctor & mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby."

There is a quality to these lies that are really unbelievably bold.  Just like Trump's lies about vaccination...so detailed, so personal, like it actually happened to him or that he has seen it, and every word of it completely untrue. 

So many questions, so here is another that will go unanswered:  How can someone lie to you like this and still retain some credibility in your mind?  Or is it that you actually think what Trump is saying here is happening?

Better question is do you think it never happens.

I know of no instance where it has happened.  More to the point, neither does Trump, or he would be talking about it directly. But instead of pointing to a specific instance, he talks about it as though it happens all the time.

he's lying.  And that evidently doesn't bother you one bit because hey, he is restricting the legal rights of asylum seekers to enter the US. 

You do you.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: April 30, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »

The House’s Intelligence and Financial Services Committees issued subpoenas to Deutsche Bank, a longtime lender to Mr. Trump’s real estate company, and other financial institutions two weeks ago, seeking a long list of documents and other materials related to Deutsche Bank’s history of lending and providing accounts to Mr. Trump and his family. People with knowledge of the investigation said it related to possible money laundering by people in Russia and Eastern Europe.

(NYT, 4/30)

Question: does any legal right to privacy apply in the case of a US president where there is possibly an undue influence on said president from a foreign power ---- and then Congress, in its oversight role, looks into this?

That isn't even the argument.  Its the Trump Corporation that is sueing.

They have no legal argument (see decision on Fusion GPS) but its Trump's strategy (and his totally seperate from politics Trump Corporation) to delay investigations until the 2020 elections.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13238 on: April 30, 2019, 10:58:56 AM »

There is a lot of that going on.

Like apparently many "Americans" in the GOP they truly do not care how degraded our Democracy becomes.  They will happily bend over for Putin and his puppet so long as the wealthy get tax cuts, and the brown people are kept out.

barton

« Reply #13239 on: April 30, 2019, 11:32:26 AM »

As usual with Trump, in the most dickish way possible. If there is a level of cruelty or spite Trump can lay on a problem, he invariably does it. Like telling people fleeing poverty and oppression they need to pony up. "Fuck you tired poor huddled masses yearning to breathe free! Fuck you poverty stricken people fleeing with nothing more than the shirts on your backs! Fuck all you!"

Well put. 

A business ethos prevails:  "our brand is strong enough we can charge for it!  America, Inc. is great!"

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13240 on: April 30, 2019, 11:33:20 AM »

Like apparently many "Americans" in the GOP they truly do not care how degraded our Democracy becomes.  They will happily bend over for Putin and his puppet so long as the wealthy get tax cuts, and the brown people are kept out.
To paraphrase the classic line from " Blazing Saddle"
Okay we'll give some land to the yellow and brown skinned, BUT WE DON"T WANT THE IRISH!

barton

« Reply #13241 on: April 30, 2019, 11:35:54 AM »

(NYT, 4/30)

That isn't even the argument.  Its the Trump Corporation that is sueing.

They have no legal argument (see decision on Fusion GPS) but its Trump's strategy (and his totally seperate from politics Trump Corporation) to delay investigations until the 2020 elections.

Yep, a totally meritless RTP argument.  I await Ward's rebuttal.  Ah, i see he's dropped in with an attempted humorous deflection. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13242 on: April 30, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »

To paraphrase the classic line from " Blazing Saddle"
Okay we'll give some land to the yellow and brown skinned, BUT WE DON"T WANT THE IRISH!

Then the brown and yellow skinned folks said, “No!” and the white townspeople responded, “OK. Everybody!”

<Crowd erupts in cheers>
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13243 on: April 30, 2019, 11:55:46 AM »

Meanwhile, the shit is getting real in Caracas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/venezuelan-opposition-leader-juan-guaido-appears-to-stage-military-backed-challenge-to-president-maduro/2019/04/30/c7028eee-6b35-11e9-8f44-e8d8bb1df986_story.html

Remember this day, folks. Administration is tweeting support for Guaido. Here’s where we find out if the Administration is resolved to save Venezuela’s people or just do a smash and grab on the oil.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: April 30, 2019, 12:35:06 PM »

Putin is being dealt with
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 4288