Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606444 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13261 on: April 30, 2019, 08:05:59 PM »

Skipping my question so soon?   I guess it is a little scary....

There is a lot of that going on.

Like apparently many "Americans" in the GOP they truly do not care how degraded our Democracy becomes.  They will happily bend over for Putin and his puppet so long as the wealthy get tax cuts, and the brown people are kept out.

Putin is being dealt with

Sucker.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: April 30, 2019, 08:19:50 PM »

Jews have been in Detroit from the beginning...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Metro_Detroit

And Detroit could use some Russian immigrants, the population of Detroit is still in decline.

Of note, Detroit has a thriving Mexican Town...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexicantown%2C_Detroit

I am sure that the people of Detroit are against building walls.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/02/18/nessel-michigan-lawsuit-trump-border-wall-emergency/2911820002/

Detroit was once a wealthy city, and Detroit can bounce back.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: April 30, 2019, 08:49:31 PM »

Barr now shown to have lied to Congress:

CRIST: Reports have emerged recently, general, that members of the Special Counsel's team are frustrated at some level with the limited information included in your March 24th letter ... Do you know what they are referencing with that?

BARR: No, I don't.

VAN HOLLEN: Did - did Bob Mueller support your conclusion?

BARR: I don't know whether Bob Mueller supported my conclusion.

This was over a week after Barr received Mueller’s letter.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 08:51:37 PM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13266 on: April 30, 2019, 09:26:53 PM »

I would say “Drip, drip, drip” but this is more a cascade of buckets.

The next two days should be interesting to say the least.

The People v Trump, GOP and Russia.

Episode One.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: May 01, 2019, 12:54:40 AM »

Meanwhile, the GOP's elected members continue to prove they are clueless and lack compassion or sense.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/29/1854104/-GOP-lawmaker-declares-Nobody-goes-to-sleep-wondering-if-they-ll-be-able-to-feed-their-families?detail=facebook

Congressman Jim Hagedorn, a Republican from Minnesota, declared in a speech at the Noon Kiwanis Club in the town of Worthington, Minnesota, that “Nobody [in America] goes to sleep at night wondering if they’ll be able to feed their families.”
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: May 01, 2019, 12:58:10 AM »

CRIST: Reports have emerged recently, general, that members of the Special Counsel's team are frustrated at some level with the limited information included in your March 24th letter ... Do you know what they are referencing with that?

Seems like cause for Contempt of Congress, if not a simple pursuit of impeachment for perjury.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: May 01, 2019, 05:33:26 AM »

“I had reason to suspect from his letter and our subsequent phone call your honor, but I wouldn’t say I know Mr. Mueller’s thinking.”

Weakest possible defense, but it’s all he’s got.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: May 01, 2019, 09:11:02 AM »

Seems like cause for Contempt of Congress

heh

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: May 01, 2019, 09:21:56 AM »

I guess "heh" is all that the scholars Kid follows on Twitter could come up with.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 09:34:22 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

barton

« Reply #13272 on: May 01, 2019, 09:35:05 AM »

Happy May Day.   Workers of the world, unite! 

Katy show Barr the door.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: May 01, 2019, 10:12:28 AM »

Economic News Update

The U.S. economy added far more jobs than expected in April as payrolls in the services sector grew by the most in more than two years, according to data released Wednesday by ADP and Moody’s Analytics.

Private payrolls grew by 275,000 last month, the biggest increase since July, when they expanded by 284,000. Economists polled by Dow Jones expected private payrolls growth of 177,000.

Services-providing jobs increased by 223,000 in April, led by a gain of 59,000 positions in professional and business services. Education and health services companies added 54,000 jobs while employment within the leisure and hospitality industry expanded by 53,000.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: May 01, 2019, 11:12:33 AM »

Incredible!!! The President must have 65% approval rating!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 4288