Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602460 times)

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13425 on: May 06, 2019, 04:14:34 PM »

Doing these things would help the Chinese people, it would not be punishing them, and we could improve the whole world economy if we work together and stop being so damn greedy.

Salute,

Tony V.

Americans...stopping being greedy? That's hysterical. That's like asking the French to give up wine, the Italians to give up food,
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 07:15:26 PM by josh »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13426 on: May 06, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »

We need fair trade, if China will not buy our stuff, and if they will not behave properly on the issue of trade, then we need to turn their ships around and send their stuff back to them, and they can shove it up their asses. I have been talking about the issue of communist China for 30 years now, and it just keeps getting worse, I wanted to see the workers get paid fair and get treated well and I wanted for the Chinese to be able to afford to buy our stuff, but it just keeps getting worse, California has lost over 500,000 jobs to China alone, and it is not like the Chinese workers are benefiting, they are working like slaves. Now, it is time that the workers of China get rewarded for their hard work, and it is time that the Chinese start buying American products.

Trump is at least aware that our trade deals all suck, and he is aware that we need to balance trade with China. And really, I would turn the Chinese ships around and send the Chinese their stuff back, we can make it all ourselves, and we have Latin America to help us make stuff, and we have the Philippines as an ally, Latin America and the Philippines need jobs. Fuck China, I am tired of their bullshit.

https://ktla.com/2019/05/05/trump-tweets-that-china-tariffs-will-jump-to-25-this-week/

Salute,

Tony V.

TV,  when you get Nike, e.g., to have all their shoes and clothes stamped made in the USA, let me know.  Your concern for the Chinese slave laborers is admirable, maybe you should go over there and get those people unionized! 
Keep me posted on how America continues to be the world's patsy when it comes to trade.
And let me know how Boeing gets away with selling defective planes to foreign carriers, while marking up the price for the Full-Safety package.
And furthermore....I bet you bank at Wells Fargo!  Nice business model there, heh?

I can write, and I am good at Rhetoric, and poetry, and I can write movies, etc. They say that the pen is mightier than the sword. And because of the world wide web, and forums like this one, I can discuss things with people from all over the world, and maybe I can help. And Martin Scorsese said that you should make films as long as you have something to say, and when you no longer have anything to say then you should quit making movies. I have a lot to say.

I am also an actor, and I worked on my voice and speech, and I can make speeches like JFK if I want. And I can shoot videos and I can put them on You Tube, etc.

Here is some Shakespeare, I made this video a long time ago to show my friend Charley my new hat that I got at the Santa Fe Springs swap meet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ZMT-G_WHE

But on the issue of going to China, no way, I would probably mysteriously have a heart attack on the plane on my way there, or something.

Though, I had a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a general in communist China. She had her own hammer factory in China that she was in charge of, and she went to college and stuff, she had benefits because her father was a general, but even with her benefits she wanted to come live in Malibu as soon as she could, her dream was to live in Malibu. We talked for hours about how to help China, and we agreed that evolution is better than revolution, it will take wisdom and patience to help China to evolve peacefully. But, the USSR evolved peacefully, and so can China.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13427 on: May 06, 2019, 05:11:00 PM »

Mueller can say anything he wants, anytime.  Since he is the prosecutor on this matter he also has a responsibility to testify to Congress which Barr and the White House have encouraged.

Whomp. Far from encouraging Mueller to testify, Trump is saying Mueller won’t. No “redo’s” for the Democrats.

You can’t call testimony clarifying the reports conclusions a “redo” unless you and your Attorney General have been lying about what those conclusions were...surely that’s not what has been happening, right?

Trump, according to REDSTATEWARD, does not have the power to prevent Mueller from testifying.  Let’s see how that works out.
We already have.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13428 on: May 06, 2019, 05:36:04 PM »

Don't ya just looove the 'climate change' brigade;
First-class BA flights to New York cost up to £18,000 and generate nearly two tons of carbon dioxide – the main driver of climate change – for each passenger in the elite cabin.[/I]

I love watching you cite articles that promote climate change issues so you can attack people who support action against climate change, as part of your opposition to such action.

Having you complain that somebody else is a climate change hypocrite is ironic.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13429 on: May 06, 2019, 05:40:30 PM »

Mueller can say anything he wants, anytime.  Since he is the prosecutor on this matter he also has a responsibility to testify to Congress which Barr and the White House have encouraged.

Whomp. Far from encouraging Mueller to testify, Trump is saying Mueller won’t. No “redo’s” for the Democrats.

You can’t call testimony clarifying the reports conclusions a “redo” unless you and your Attorney General have been lying about what those conclusions were...surely that’s not what has been happening, right?

Trump, according to REDSTATEWARD, does not have the power to prevent Mueller from testifying.  Let’s see how that works out.
We already have.

Eyes wide shut, our Ward.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13430 on: May 06, 2019, 06:06:06 PM »

First-class BA flights to New York cost up to £18,000 and generate nearly two tons of carbon dioxide – the main driver of climate change – for each passenger in the elite cabin.[/I]

I love watching you cite articles that promote climate change issues so you can attack people who support action against climate change, as part of your opposition to such action.

I was fascinated by the idea that there is a direct relationship between the cost of your ticket and the amount of carbon dioxide emitted.  Clearly, we need to work for lower ticket prices.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13431 on: May 06, 2019, 06:10:34 PM »

Some actual answers:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/06/politics/mueller-congress-testimony-explainer/index.html

Trump himself could not stop Mueller from testifying, but he could try to convince his attorney general not to allow his testimony. If the Justice Department were to change course and oppose Mueller appearing before Congress, lawmakers would have several possible options to try to bring him in anyway.

The first would be to wait until Mueller is a private citizen, although the special counsel's office has given no indication when Mueller will leave the department.

The second would be to subpoena for his testimony.

And we know how well those subpoenas are working out.

My guess is Mueller testifies because, like the release of the report itself, it is going to get out eventually and digging in his heals too hard makes it impossible for Trump to spin it in his favor.

Still find it curious though.  White House is against his open testimony, the Republican led Senate is against it… given that the investigation was a deep-state coup attempt against the President you’d think the Senate would be chomping at the bit to question the man who headed it.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13432 on: May 06, 2019, 06:16:45 PM »

We already have.

LOL

barton

« Reply #13433 on: May 06, 2019, 06:45:43 PM »

I was fascinated by the idea that there is a direct relationship between the cost of your ticket and the amount of carbon dioxide emitted.  Clearly, we need to work for lower ticket prices.

And only serve beef on the ground...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13434 on: May 06, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »

We already have.

LOL

Not to mention oh so cogent and able to support his opinions.

Not.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13435 on: May 06, 2019, 06:57:51 PM »

Need the eventual closure

Yes, Mueller should testify

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13436 on: May 06, 2019, 06:59:43 PM »

Ward's view of the process:

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13437 on: May 06, 2019, 07:05:15 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 4288