Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1607685 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13965 on: May 19, 2019, 06:45:49 PM »

https://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20010320/number-1-cause-of-death-in-pregnant-women-murder

The number one cause of death in pregnant women is murder.
Is that unusual? Your citation was 2001...Has it changed in the intervening 18 years? I don't think so.
But so what?

Yes, it is unusual among the so-called Western countries.

No, it has not changed.

"so what?" asks an anti-abortion rights Republican who is not pro-life.
Wanna try that one again?

Which thing are you denying, Ward? Wanna try using your words to explain your question?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13966 on: May 19, 2019, 06:57:08 PM »

Some good news from the Trump administration.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-close-to-deal-with-canada-mexico-to-end-steel-and-aluminum-tariffs-11558110448

My apology for the WSJ link. I am sure somebody else has the story without the paywall, but I doubt there is much detail in other stories.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: May 19, 2019, 07:10:26 PM »

Its OK - first paragraph is given and all that is needed - thanks

Trump - winning.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: May 19, 2019, 07:31:14 PM »

https://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20010320/number-1-cause-of-death-in-pregnant-women-murder

Is that unusual? Your citation was 2001...Has it changed in the intervening 18 years? I don't think so.
But so what?

No, it has not changed.

Which thing are you denying, Ward? Wanna try using your words to explain your question?
Sure. Why is Homicide as a leading cause of death to pregnant women a surprising statistic to you?
What is my view of abortion politics based on anything I have posted? Please be specific. You

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13969 on: May 19, 2019, 08:45:51 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13970 on: May 19, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13972 on: May 19, 2019, 09:22:52 PM »

But so what?

No, it has not changed.

Sure.
Go ahead, use them.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13973 on: May 19, 2019, 09:30:20 PM »

Some good news from the Trump administration.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-close-to-deal-with-canada-mexico-to-end-steel-and-aluminum-tariffs-11558110448

My apology for the WSJ link. I am sure somebody else has the story without the paywall, but I doubt there is much detail in other stories.
Snicker. We.call off our tariffs, they call off their retalitory tariffs. Returning us to the status quo ante is not winning, it is surrender.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13974 on: May 19, 2019, 09:46:25 PM »

But so what?

No, it has not changed.

Sure. Why is Homicide as a leading cause of death to pregnant women a surprising statistic to you?
What is my view of abortion politics based on anything I have posted? Please be specific. You

You even managed to produce three (arguably "Sure" could be a fourth) sentences before losing your focus. Fine work.

That homicide should be the leading cause of death to pregnant women is surprising because it is not so in other countries in the Western world.

Asking what your view is when our ability to show posts from the past is as restricted as it is is more than a bit absurd of you. If you want to claim I have misrpresented you, then do so with what your beliefs are. Otherwise, you are engaged in sophistry - in gotcha games of "you can't prove it! Nyah, nyah!"

Please be specific.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13975 on: May 19, 2019, 10:08:17 PM »

While some of us are fighting Nazis.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13976 on: May 19, 2019, 10:10:43 PM »

But so what?

No, it has not changed.

You even managed to produce three (arguably "Sure" could be a fourth) sentences before losing your focus. Fine work.

That homicide should be the leading cause of death to pregnant women is surprising because it is not so in other countries in the Western world.
Even accepting that as true is irrelevant.
Tell us what are the causes of death of pregnant women in the USA.
Asking what your view is when our ability to show posts from the past is as restricted as it is is more than a bit absurd of you. If you want to claim I have misrpresented you, then do so with what your beliefs are. Otherwise, you are engaged in sophistry - in gotcha games of "you can't prove it! Nyah, nyah!"

Please be specific.
Sure.   My persistent comment about abortion( you can't possibly have missed this) is that Roe v. wade was an abomination of a decision.  It solved absolutely nothing.
Ruth Ginsberg agrees with me.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:12:15 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: May 19, 2019, 10:24:22 PM »

I'm guessing that the reason that RBG feels Roe v. Wade was an "abomination of a decision" (language she has never actually used) is different than your reason.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:25:55 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13978 on: May 19, 2019, 10:34:06 PM »

But so what?

No, it has not changed.

Even accepting that as true is irrelevant.
Tell us what are the causes of death of pregnant women in the USA.

Please be specific.
Sure.   My persistent comment about abortion( you can't possibly have missed this) is that Roe v. wade was an abomination of a decision.  It solved absolutely nothing.
Ruth Ginsberg agrees with me.

I hate to break it to you, but while it is true that I have read that you said that, that is not an opinion about abortion or the right or lack of right to have one! That is an opinion about an opinion.

Try again.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: May 19, 2019, 10:34:58 PM »

There clearly needs to be a law guaranteeing the right of women to access abortion services and birth control via their normal heath care coverage, potentially through a public option added to the ACA.

The murder rate for pregnant women in the US is correlative with weak white men with access to guns murdering women bearing them children they haven’t the courage or character to raise. It’s one of the ways republicans like to see states fail.

As for the North American tariff situation, “Trump winning” is the dilapidated delinquent putting his greasy mushroom back in his pants and following the policy pursued by the last legitimate American president, Barry Obama. Trump is hoping the Obama economy might actually keep him out of prison.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 4288