Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1594644 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #14205 on: May 24, 2019, 12:48:29 PM »

Its the old Showaltwr/Torre model.  Buck was doing soooo good before Joe stepped in and ruined it.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14206 on: May 24, 2019, 12:54:33 PM »

Its the old Showaltwr/Torre model.  Buck was doing soooo good before Joe stepped in and ruined it.

Got any facts to share kiidcarter8?  Because your regular reliance on Sports (and Fiction) to make your points here do not speak well of your grasp of them.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: May 24, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »

I used yours

By your thought process ... Buck (Obama) was doing very well but had to leave the stage.   Torre (Trump) finishing the job while getting the Yankee (US) swagger back.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 01:03:42 PM by kiidcarter8 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: May 24, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »

And just to make the bleeding obvious even more so, I'm not arguing that Trump "ruined" the economy.  He inherited a pretty strong economy that he argued was shit when he was running for President, now wants to take credit for fixing it when it's still largely the same economy he was given.

Save for the damage done by the Trade War, but kiidcarter8 and REDSTATEWARD curiously silent about that, and the related $16 Billion in farmer bailouts related to it. (Remember when bailouts were bad in Republican-land?  And those weren't even due to a situation that Obama directly created.)
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14209 on: May 24, 2019, 01:02:45 PM »

I used yours

I think we can understand that the reason you and REDSTATEWARD don't use facts to back your arguments is that you both fundamentally don't understand how that works.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: May 24, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »

Your problem is that everything goes back to, "but, Obama..."

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14211 on: May 24, 2019, 01:14:50 PM »

If someone wants to tell the story that the economy has experienced a boom under Trump's policies then you compare his economy to the one that came before.  And when you do that based on the jobs and wages criteria that same person wanted to base his argument on, the facts don't support that story.

This is not a "problem," it is how you make an argument.  As I said, that you can't see that tells me that you fundamentally don't know how to build one.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14212 on: May 24, 2019, 01:45:57 PM »

Well. no.

You can have boom after boom.

If (you and) I accept the premise that Obama had the economy chugging along, that doesn't have anything to do with what has happened since DT took charge. 

Some might also remind you that

a)  it's been just a little over 1/2 of one term for Trump

and

b)  some of his wants have been denied

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: May 24, 2019, 01:47:36 PM »

If someone wants to tell the story that the economy has experienced a boom under Trump's policies then you compare his economy to the one that came before.  And when you do that based on the jobs and wages criteria that same person wanted to base his argument on, the facts don't support that story.

This is not a "problem," it is how you make an argument.  As I said, that you can't see that tells me that you fundamentally don't know how to build one.

and once again...

YOU may come here to argue.  It's a NEED for you.

Some of us... not so much.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: May 24, 2019, 01:55:26 PM »

Well. no.

You can have boom after boom.

If (you and) I accept the premise that Obama had the economy chugging along, that doesn't have anything to do with what has happened since DT took charge. 

Maybe it would have been better if you familiarized yourself first with the argument I was responding to.  The line was:

With a rollback of regulations and a tax cut the economy took off and all demographics benefitted with jobs and higher wages.

That has everything to do with an argument of what has happened since DT took charge.  And naturally you are familiar with the fact that REDSTATEWARD has not argued that this was a "boom after boom" (nor has Trump) and so your response in this manner is disingenuous.

Some might also remind you that

a)  it's been just a little over 1/2 of one term for Trump

Irrelevant as the argument was that the take-off of the economy has happened.

b)  some of his wants have been denied

Irrelevant as the argument was that the implementation of his wants have led to a take-off of the economy.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14215 on: May 24, 2019, 01:57:16 PM »

and once again...

I come to an opinion forum to state my opinion and back it with facts.  Another term for doing that is "making an argument."

You are evidently not only not familiar with the method, but also the terminology.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14216 on: May 24, 2019, 02:21:50 PM »

and once again...

I come to an opinion forum to state my opinion and back it with facts.  Another term for doing that is "making an argument."

You are evidently not only not familiar with the method, but also the terminology.

Kiid has also confused the NY Yankees with the USFL, the accurate sports metaphor for trump’s “great success”.

You don’t get to ridiculous conclusions like Red, Kiid, and rest of their syphilis caucus with any kind of sound reasoning. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: May 24, 2019, 02:50:03 PM »

http://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/05/trump-border-wall-contractor/590242/

Kiid likes getting ripped off. It’s as simple as that.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #14218 on: May 24, 2019, 04:16:05 PM »

Yeah, yeah, Nancee and Chuck want more cheap nannies and Democratic Latino voters. Everything else is secondary? One of the few things Trump is right about. Truly tied to a liberal elitist lost cause.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: May 24, 2019, 04:20:37 PM »

Good one, Luee.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 4288