Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1878208 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1440 on: August 26, 2018, 09:27:19 PM »

But I think you underestimate the antisemitic(sic)sentiment in this country that mostly has little cause to come out on a daily basis.
According to the totality of posts from Josh, the GOP hates Jews, are all white Christians, and are racist, to boot.
Nevertheless, the party has, at the ballot box, won over the halls of Congress, the White House, and holds a legislative majority in, roughly, 60% of the states.
In the immortal words of Richard Tuck:
“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

You don’t have President Blackenstein to run against anymore.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 26, 2018, 09:34:01 PM »

Why did he keep checkingh out of the hospital?

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/08/us/ice-detention-stewart-georgia/?utm_content=chapter_01

A nurse there petitioned a court to involuntarily commit Jimenez in October 2016 after he appeared anxious and depressed, admitted to being psychotic and stated he was hearing voices that were making him "so angry," according to records CNN obtained from the family attorney. A magistrate found Jimenez was "mentally ill and in need of treatment." He was committed for about a week, then released.

A few months later, he was committed once again – this time for nearly two weeks after his mother took him to a mental health crisis clinic. As soon as they arrived, he shouted he was going to kill himself.

Why wouldn't he? It is not as if he was likely to have been receiving treatment there. Have you never had somebody you cared about in a psych ward? Or did they just not tell you what it was like?

If his condition was at all as described, then his decision doesn't have to have been rational.

But how like you to focus on "why did he check himself out?" rather than "why did a prison that knew he was suicidal put him in isolation?"

They explained why

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 26, 2018, 09:36:37 PM »

But I think you underestimate the antisemitic(sic)sentiment in this country that mostly has little cause to come out on a daily basis.
According to the totality of posts from Josh, the GOP hates Jews, are all white Christians, and are racist, to boot.
Nevertheless, the party has, at the ballot box, won over the halls of Congress, the White House, and holds a legislative majority in, roughly, 60% of the states.
“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

Given Obama’s decimation of your party you should be grateful.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1443 on: August 26, 2018, 09:51:17 PM »

“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

Given Obama’s decimation of your party you should be grateful.

Nah, it just goes to show America refuses to atone for our original sin.

“Post racial America” was supposedly born in November, 2008. It died in its crib in July, 2009.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 26, 2018, 10:02:53 PM »

Obama was the last Republican President. I sort of miss that party, a little. The brainless fucks who took the name deserve the asswhooping they are going to get in November.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 26, 2018, 10:04:02 PM »

As to Red's reports of the demise of the Dems and the ascendency of the Repubs, I would suggest the Repubs in DC should probably rent and not buy.

barton

« Reply #1446 on: August 26, 2018, 10:22:10 PM »

To tall energized a dying campaign, which then went splat more because of Obama's brilliance...... oh....and the other thing...   

David Duke's fast-tracking your membership card.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 26, 2018, 10:30:32 PM »

Wasnt being treated?

BS

Like I said, Kiid - been in one of those places?

Had a loved one in one?

Otherwise, STFU, because you do not know what you are talking about.

I've been wrestling with the failures of these places to even begin to meet the needs of in patient patients off and on for years now, watching one after another do things like put the non-addicted person into mandatory group sessions for how to live with your addition while ignoring that she was suicidal; refusing to give a person their psychiatrist-prescribed meds because in their opnion, "nobody could be on those meds as long as you say you have," but refusing to confirm it with either doc or pharmacist; and a host of other reprehensible actions.

When you go into most places on Friday, there is no treatment to speak of on the weekend. None. Not even the anti-addiction meetings.

Where do you get your sense of what treatment looks like in our psychiatric hospitals?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: August 26, 2018, 10:33:01 PM »

Why did he keep checkingh out of the hospital?

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/08/us/ice-detention-stewart-georgia/?utm_content=chapter_01

A nurse there petitioned a court to involuntarily commit Jimenez in October 2016 after he appeared anxious and depressed, admitted to being psychotic and stated he was hearing voices that were making him "so angry," according to records CNN obtained from the family attorney. A magistrate found Jimenez was "mentally ill and in need of treatment." He was committed for about a week, then released.

A few months later, he was committed once again – this time for nearly two weeks after his mother took him to a mental health crisis clinic. As soon as they arrived, he shouted he was going to kill himself.

Why wouldn't he? It is not as if he was likely to have been receiving treatment there. Have you never had somebody you cared about in a psych ward? Or did they just not tell you what it was like?

If his condition was at all as described, then his decision doesn't have to have been rational.

But how like you to focus on "why did he check himself out?" rather than "why did a prison that knew he was suicidal put him in isolation?"

They explained why

No, they gave an excuse.

But they're authority figures who did what you want, so you just swallow their lines unquestioning of them.

I pray you never have cause to learn first hand what you are so ignorant of currently.

You would not like it, at all.

And no, obeying the law is not protection.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: August 26, 2018, 10:47:54 PM »

“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

According to Josh, many people hate Jews, not just the Republicans.

According to Josh, the GOP is overwhelmngly white.

According to the ADL, ~14 percent of the population – approximately 34 million American adults – holds anti-Semitic beliefs.

According to the ADL, about half of Americans are familiar with the so-called “alt-right” and 62 percent consider this movement to be anti-Semitic.

According to Gallup, eighty-nine percent of Republicans nationwide in 2012 were non-Hispanic white.

According to the Public Religion Research Group, nearly 3-in-4 Republicans, 73 percent, identify as white Christians — and nearly half of them (~35%) identify as white evangelical Christians.

According to Pew, the GOP is 86% white, down from 94% twenty years ago.

Your party is racist, to boot, and nothing you have shown even touches that position, while article after legislation after court decision that I have linked to illustrates my point.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1450 on: August 26, 2018, 10:56:43 PM »

“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

According to the ADL, ~14 percent of the population – approximately 34 million American adults – holds anti-Semitic beliefs.

According to the ADL, about half of Americans are familiar with the so-called “alt-right” and 62 percent consider this movement to be anti-Semitic.

According to Gallup, eighty-nine percent of Republicans nationwide in 2012 were non-Hispanic white.

According to the Public Religion Research Group, nearly 3-in-4 Republicans, 73 percent, identify as white Christians — and nearly half of them (~35%) identify as white evangelical Christians.

Your party is racist, to boot, and nothing you have shown even touches that position, while article after legislation after court decision that I have linked to illustrates my point.

Why you guys try to reason with this schmuck is beyond me...

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 26, 2018, 11:00:18 PM »

“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

Why you guys try to reason with this schmuck is beyond me...

There are people who read this forum, but do not post.

I have no reason to believe Red is capable of dealing with facts. The silent ones might be moved.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 26, 2018, 11:06:42 PM »

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/states-ask-supreme-court-to-limit-lgbt-protection

On top of their racism and their sexism/misogyny, there's their homophobia.

So many kinds of bigotry to practice and so little time! Whatever will your little GOP friends do?!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 26, 2018, 11:08:37 PM »

Obama was the last Republican President. I sort of miss that party, a little. The brainless fucks who took the name deserve the asswhooping they are going to get in November.

The usual - that the opposite party gains some traction after first 2 years.

Funny.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 26, 2018, 11:31:20 PM »

“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

Your bigotry is belied by the Research you ignore.

In Pew Research Center surveys conducted in 2017, 37% of registered voters identified as independents, 33% as democrats and 26% as Republicans

How is it that the minority (GOP) has the MAJORITY of legislative power at the Federal and State levels?
But keep tilting at windmills Josh. Don’t give up turning over rocks to look for racists, Jew haters, Christians, misogynists, and other assorted deplorables.

How did that strategy work for Hillary?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:33:12 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 4288