Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 975 976 [977] 978 979 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595753 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #14640 on: June 03, 2019, 08:29:57 PM »

Wow.
Hickenlooper and Delaney tell Democrat’s the truth. And get booed.
LOL.
What a screwed up party.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14641 on: June 03, 2019, 08:35:39 PM »

Yep. The second most screwed-up party in the U.S.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14642 on: June 03, 2019, 08:49:09 PM »

Wow.
Hickenlooper and Delaney tell Democrat’s the truth. And get booed.
LOL.
What a screwed up party.

I don’t know what Delaney said but what I caught of Hickenlooper at CADem19 he deserved the booing.
He seems to genuinely believe that Republicans like Mitch McConnell are like Republicans in Colorado state government, and subject to the same persuasion by a sufficiently bipartisan Democratic executive. What the fuck? He’s been smoking too much of that CO weed!

COGOP are just fucking outnumbered and McConnell couldn’t give two shits about anything but consolidating Republican power.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14643 on: June 03, 2019, 08:50:15 PM »

Speaking of 'refugees';

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/aussie-models-shock-move-to-have-flight-assault-case-thrown-out/news-story/326832e88970c19a8b3c41a04968f057

An Australian model facing a potential 21-year jail sentence in the US for allegedly assaulting a flight attendant on a plane to Los Angeles has asked a Californian judge to toss her conviction.

Adau Akui Atem Mornyang will be sentenced in the US District Court in Los Angeles on June 24.

Ms Mornyang has enjoyed significant modelling success since moving to Australia as a refugee at the age of 10, including serving as a global campaign face for Sephora in 2016, a Miss World Victorian finalist in 2017 and Miss World Australia finalist and recently walked the runway at New York Fashion Week.

She said the incident had ruined her career.

Ms Mornyang’s US legal team told Judge Cormac Carney a jury convicted the model at a trial in March after prosecutors relied on “an inflammatory audiotape that purported to depict Ms Mornyang screaming racial slurs and obscenities”.

South Sudanese-born Ms Mornyang was convicted of a felony charge of interference with a United Airlines flight crew member and misdemeanour assault.
Melbourne-based Mornyang, 24, faces a statutory maximum sentence of 21 years in US federal prison.
Prosecutors said Ms Mornyang, during the January 21 Melbourne to LA flight, ordered “several alcoholic beverages”.

Earlier this year Ms Mornyang denied she had attacked anyone and described the episode as “an ordeal” that she did not remember after having mixed prescription drugs with alcohol to sleep during the flight.

“I was not intoxicated because I had only two glasses of wine during dinner service, requested a seat move and slept for what I believe to have been eight hours, just to wake up five hours and five minutes before landing to an arrest.

“Did I take my Prozac and oxycodone before the flight? Yes I did. But I was not drunk before boarding.”

Even though passengers on that flight and other flight attendants said there was never a slap, the evidence was ignored and they decided to believe (the flight attendant),” she said in a text message.

#####

Alcohol should be banned on planes.....as cockpit cabin doors should always be locked.

Hardly a terrorist.
Maybe she heard the alleged racial slurs and obscenities in Hollywood movies.

21 years in US federal prison for that?...allegedly screaming a few racial slurs and obscenities, and a hugely doubtful misdemeanour assault.
Now there's an absolute outrage.

Not 21 months in prison...but 21 YEARS!
Oh look, another Aussie being an asshole. Fuck them all.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

barton

« Reply #14644 on: June 03, 2019, 08:57:45 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14645 on: June 03, 2019, 09:23:15 PM »

George Nader

“Only the best people.”

Fuck Trump and anyone supporting him.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14646 on: June 03, 2019, 09:49:11 PM »

Holy fuck! I just saw John Delaney finally get his moment in the sun... dumb ass.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14648 on: June 03, 2019, 10:32:15 PM »

Speaking of 'refugees';

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/aussie-models-shock-move-to-have-flight-assault-case-thrown-out/news-story/326832e88970c19a8b3c41a04968f057

An Australian model facing a potential 21-year jail sentence in the US for allegedly assaulting a flight attendant on a plane to Los Angeles has asked a Californian judge to toss her conviction.

Adau Akui Atem Mornyang will be sentenced in the US District Court in Los Angeles on June 24.

Ms Mornyang has enjoyed significant modelling success since moving to Australia as a refugee at the age of 10, including serving as a global campaign face for Sephora in 2016, a Miss World Victorian finalist in 2017 and Miss World Australia finalist and recently walked the runway at New York Fashion Week.

Ms Mornyang’s US legal team told Judge Cormac Carney a jury convicted the model at a trial in March after prosecutors relied on “an inflammatory audiotape that purported to depict Ms Mornyang screaming racial slurs and obscenities”.

South Sudanese-born Ms Mornyang was convicted of a felony charge of interference with a United Airlines flight crew member and misdemeanour assault.
Melbourne-based Mornyang, 24, faces a statutory maximum sentence of 21 years in US federal prison.
Prosecutors said Ms Mornyang, during the January 21 Melbourne to LA flight, ordered “several alcoholic beverages”.

Earlier this year Ms Mornyang denied she had attacked anyone and described the episode as “an ordeal” that she did not remember after having mixed prescription drugs with alcohol to sleep during the flight.

“I was not intoxicated because I had only two glasses of wine during dinner service, requested a seat move and slept for what I believe to have been eight hours, just to wake up five hours and five minutes before landing to an arrest.

“Did I take my Prozac and oxycodone before the flight? Yes I did. But I was not drunk before boarding.”

Even though passengers on that flight and other flight attendants said there was never a slap, the evidence was ignored and they decided to believe (the flight attendant),” she said in a text message.

#####

Alcohol should be banned on planes.....as cockpit cabin doors should always be locked.

Hardly a terrorist.

21 years in US federal prison for that?...allegedly screaming a few racial slurs and obscenities, and a hugely doubtful misdemeanour assault.

Oh look, another Aussie being an asshole. Fuck them all.

More like stay away from America if this is what can happen to you!

Gee, you take some prescription medication, have a couple of drinks with dinner, flail your arms about and scream a few racial slurs and obscenities ...and you get locked away in federal prison for 21 years.
Not even "dumb, drunk, racist and backward" bambuland has laws like that.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:39:40 PM by arafura »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14649 on: June 03, 2019, 10:47:50 PM »

Speaking of 'refugees';

#####

Hardly a terrorist.

Wont happen.  I dont believe she will do any time at all.

Thanks for bringing the case to light here

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14650 on: June 03, 2019, 10:52:51 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/03/politics/jared-kushner-axios/index.html

Kushner is dumber than a sack of hammers.

A former staffer at Kushner’s NYC publication, The Observer, described her former boss thusly: “We’re talking about a guy who isn’t particularly bright or hard-working, doesn’t actually know anything, has bought his way into everything ever (with money he got from his criminal father), who is deeply insecure and obsessed with fame (you don’t buy the NYO, marry Ivanka Trump, or constantly talk about the phone calls you get from celebrities if it’s in your nature to ‘shun the spotlight’), and who is basically a shithead.”

Told y’all about this guy a year and a half ago...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/trump-its-all-in-the-genes/

Did she sign her name to it?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14651 on: June 03, 2019, 10:56:37 PM »

I just had to read #1 to know this piece was going to be ridiculous.

Yes - "we" refers to Jared and his wife.
Yes, the President wanted them involved.

Kushner is the shithead son of a rich asshole.

I get it - you don't like folks with money.

Be careful - some antisemitism may be peeking through
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 11:53:52 PM by kiidcarter8 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14652 on: June 03, 2019, 11:31:59 PM »

Holy fuck! I just saw John Delaney finally get his moment in the sun... dumb ass.
Well. At least he had one.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14653 on: June 04, 2019, 12:12:00 AM »

A former staffer at Kushner’s NYC publication, The Observer, described her former boss thusly: “We’re talking about a guy who isn’t particularly bright or hard-working, doesn’t actually know anything, has bought his way into everything ever (with money he got from his criminal father), who is deeply insecure and obsessed with fame (you don’t buy the NYO, marry Ivanka Trump, or constantly talk about the phone calls you get from celebrities if it’s in your nature to ‘shun the spotlight’), and who is basically a shithead.”

Told y’all about this guy a year and a half ago...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/trump-its-all-in-the-genes/

Did she sign her name to it?

Guess you didn’t read the linked article or the source link for the quote.

Her name is Harleen Kahlon.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14654 on: June 04, 2019, 12:17:36 AM »

I just had to read #1 to know this piece was going to be ridiculous.

Yes - "we" refers to Jared and his wife.
Yes, the President wanted them involved.

Kushner is the shithead son of a rich asshole.

I get it - you don't like folks with money.

Be careful - some antisemitism may be peeking through

I know plenty of folks with all kinds of money from old money to nouveau riche. I don’t like dickheads. Jared is an asshole and he is surrounded by Jews who are white supremacists like Stephen Miller and Trump’s lawyer, Jay Sekulow who is a very big wig in “Jews for Jesus.”

So before you throw that anti Semitic bullshit around you ought do your homework.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 975 976 [977] 978 979 ... 4288