Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599658 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #14985 on: June 11, 2019, 11:48:04 AM »

What's the best cure for a volatile situation with firearms?

MORE FIREARMS!!!!

Fucking morons.

And FUCK the lives that could be saved.

Bravo to you.

So, if more lives are put at risk than might be saved, how is this a net win, in your oh so humble opinion, Kiiid?

Do the statistics on gun deaths have zero impact on your thinking?!

Your argument in favor of more guns is like the arguments against seat belts. "But look! This person was saved by not having a seat belt!" Or about there no longer being racism because Obama got ahead or our being a meritocracy because Air BNB. "Sure, 98% of all glaciars are in retreat, but these couple aren't, so there is no global warming!"

These are all claims that low incidence events make the overall position stronger than its strong majority of events.

I know you want an argument (dont you always?) but this post is so bad it doesnt deserve a response from anyone, let alone me.

I'll respond.

This is a list of EMS/EMT deaths, going back a while (at least five years from when the incidents are dated in the top line) No idea if it is exhaustive, but certainly useful as the circumstances of each death are linked to:

https://www.ems1.com/LODD-Line-of-duty-deaths/

I went back at least four years, and couldn't find one instance in which arming the EMT would have saved his or her life.  Not one.

Maybe if kiidcarter8 wants to argue that this measure would save lives, he should point to a recent situation where it would have.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14986 on: June 11, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »

You:  The high probability of an innocent person being killed by an untrained professional carrying a firearm into a high stress situation is bad.

kiidcarter8:  Wimp.

Larry's response was better

Your post was idiotic.  Naturally I wouldn't expect you to approve of a response that pointed that out.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #14987 on: June 11, 2019, 11:58:03 AM »

MORE FIREARMS!!!!

Fucking morons.

Bravo to you.

KIDC:  Just want to alert you:  apparently, an imbecile has somehow obtained your password and is posting under your moniker.  You may want to be armed when you find him.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14988 on: June 11, 2019, 11:59:58 AM »

MORE FIREARMS!!!!

Fucking morons.

Bravo to you.

So, if more lives are put at risk than might be saved, how is this a net win, in your oh so humble opinion, Kiiid?

Do the statistics on gun deaths have zero impact on your thinking?!

Your argument in favor of more guns is like the arguments against seat belts. "But look! This person was saved by not having a seat belt!" Or about there no longer being racism because Obama got ahead or our being a meritocracy because Air BNB. "Sure, 98% of all glaciars are in retreat, but these couple aren't, so there is no global warming!"

These are all claims that low incidence events make the overall position stronger than its strong majority of events.

I know you want an argument (dont you always?) but this post is so bad it doesnt deserve a response from anyone, let alone me.

I'll respond.

This is a list of EMS/EMT deaths, going back a while (at least five years from when the incidents are dated in the top line) No idea if it is exhaustive, but certainly useful as the circumstances of each death are linked to:

https://www.ems1.com/LODD-Line-of-duty-deaths/

I went back at least four years, and couldn't find one instance in which arming the EMT would have saved his or her life.  Not one.

Maybe if kiidcarter8 wants to argue that this measure would save lives, he should point to a recent situation where it would have.

But it does list this:

https://www.ems1.com/LODD-Line-of-duty-deaths/2105931-LODD-EMT-accidentally-shot-by-colleague-during-training/

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14989 on: June 11, 2019, 12:08:51 PM »

Fuck the po-lice!

Fuck the EMTs!

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14990 on: June 11, 2019, 12:16:10 PM »

Fuck the po-lice!

Fuck the EMTs!

I posted a list recognizing the EMS professionals killed in the line of duty.

You want to argue that lives would be saved by arming EMTs.  But can't point to how lives would be saved by arming EMTs. 

Seems to me your argument isn't actually about EMTs at all.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14991 on: June 11, 2019, 12:26:05 PM »

You:  The high probability of an innocent person being killed by an untrained professional carrying a firearm into a high stress situation is bad.

kiidcarter8:  Wimp.

Larry's response was better

Your post was idiotic.  Naturally I wouldn't expect you to approve of a response that pointed that out.

Your responses need checking for accuracy.  Which is why the "bug fucker" was better, sadly.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14992 on: June 11, 2019, 12:28:07 PM »

Fuck the po-lice!

Fuck the EMTs!

You want to argue that lives would be saved by arming EMTs. 

COULD

C'mon, man - keep up with changing times.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14993 on: June 11, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »

Fuck the po-lice!

Fuck the EMTs!

You want to argue that lives would be saved by arming EMTs. 

COULD

C'mon, man - keep up with changing times.

What changing times?  Do the police no longer respond to situations where there is an armed and dangerous person threatening people's lives?

Because if they do, I prefer they continue to be the line of defense rather than medical professionals.  Otherwise, I think common sense would tell you that list of EMTs lost in the line of duty gets longer, not shorter.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14994 on: June 11, 2019, 12:42:37 PM »

Do the police no longer respond to situations where there is an armed and dangerous person threatening people's lives?

Sure.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14995 on: June 11, 2019, 12:52:28 PM »

I know you want to avoid fact-based conversations at all costs.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14998 on: June 11, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »

Or perhaps you want the oh just slightly unusual hail storms in Germany:4

https://www.thelocal.de/20190611/giant-hailstones-hit-munich-as-storms-continue-across-germany

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14999 on: June 11, 2019, 01:52:36 PM »

MORE FIREARMS!!!!

Fucking morons.

Bravo to you.

KIDC:  Just want to alert you:  apparently, an imbecile has somehow obtained your password and is posting under your moniker.  You may want to be armed when you find him.

That explains sooooo much.

Showdown at the moron corral.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 4288