Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1593166 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15060 on: June 12, 2019, 06:17:44 PM »

I'm pretty confident that nothing short of the use of the n-word registers as racist with Red.    And that doesn't mean that I believe Red to be a racist.
Well, thanks.
Then you must agree that using racism ,which  did not happen, to libel a family deserves financial
punishment.
And how is being pro-life racist?
Are you suggesting there would be no pro-life movement if most babies aborted were white?
I was around in the days before Roe and blacks were most vocal in opposing abortions. Led by Jesse Jackson who said he feared the guys in the white coats more than the ones in the blue coats.
You seem to have problems with the phrase, "akin to". You may want to look that up.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15061 on: June 12, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »

If you read this:

“I think there’s some issues that have such moral clarity that we have, as a society, decided that the other side is not acceptable,” Gillibrand said.

“Imagine saying that it’s OK to appoint a judge who’s racist or anti-Semitic or homophobic,” she continued. “Asking someone to appoint someone who takes away basic human rights of any group of people in America ... I don’t think those are political issues anymore.”

...and conclude that Gillibrand is saying pro-life people are racists, you are either too stupid or too intellectually dishonest to engage.
Those are not mutually exclusive alternatives.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #15062 on: June 12, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »

Gillabrand had one purpose. To label pro-lifers racist.

And Anti-Semitic and Homophobic.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #15063 on: June 12, 2019, 06:27:12 PM »

oh the humanity!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15064 on: June 12, 2019, 06:38:44 PM »

Must not have read!!!!!  As I said before I'll find your protestations of unfair accusations much more credible the first time you actually accept that something racist is racist.
Ah. Nice dodge.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15065 on: June 12, 2019, 06:44:03 PM »

I'm pretty confident that nothing short of the use of the n-word registers as racist with Red.    And that doesn't mean that I believe Red to be a racist.
Well, thanks.
Then you must agree that using racism ,which  did not happen, to libel a family deserves financial
punishment.
And how is being pro-life racist?
Are you suggesting there would be no pro-life movement if most babies aborted were white?
I was around in the days before Roe and blacks were most vocal in opposing abortions. Led by Jesse Jackson who said he feared the guys in the white coats more than the ones in the blue coats.
You seem to have problems with the phrase, "akin to". You may want to look that up.
LOL

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15066 on: June 12, 2019, 06:44:36 PM »

Everybody else here handled your paranoia nicely. No need for me to pile on.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15067 on: June 12, 2019, 06:51:31 PM »

Ya don’t say?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/11/us/missouri-traffic-stops-black-drivers-trnd/index.html

"Using stops as a policing tool for crime prevention needs to cease," Pruitt said. "The fact that somebody is driving in a particular area, and a police officer feels that that person or individuals are out of place -- that, in itself, should not justify them impeding or intruding on their lives by stopping them and searching their vehicle."

#####

Why not?
Crime prevention.

The report also looked at data on arrests and searches during vehicle stops. About 6.37% of the stops of blacks and 6.26% of the stops of Hispanics resulted in arrest, compared with about 4.25% of the stops of whites, the report said.

In which you demonstrate your insistance on ignorance.

Police arrest more Blacks and more Hispanics for equivalent situations. Prosecutors charge more of them with crimes. Judges sentence them to 19% longer sentences for equivalent crimes and histories.

No, Bambi-ignorance, it is not about crime prevention. It's about driving while Black.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15068 on: June 12, 2019, 06:52:22 PM »

https://twitter.com/whitneyq/status/1138424555305951232

On why there is a 6 point gap between disabled folks' voting and the non-disabled.

Is this being pushed as an anti-trump issue? Sounds like something on a liberal elitist plate.

As a rule, the disabled are not big supporters of baby cages, graft, discrimination, rewarding pollution, and drunk ass foreign policy.

The biggest pocket of trump support seems to be with child molesters. Maybe he can turn them out like he did in Alabama.

Deplorable, dirty filthy low lifes, against progress? Trump seems to be for keeping illegal migrants from child abusing societies out of the USA.

Key phrase: "seems to be."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15069 on: June 12, 2019, 06:54:17 PM »

After months of citing Gallup and its 35-37 per cent Trump ratings, Morning Joe today begins using, "Trump - the 40 per cent president".  Then goes on to say, ".....41, 42 per cent" as if that were a major fault.

What happened to 37, Joe?

Of course the real poll now sits at 51% favorable, 47% unfavorable for President Trump

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

High this year - 53
Low this year - 43

Strong approve sits at 37

Strong disapprove at 40

"the real poll"

snort.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15070 on: June 12, 2019, 06:57:27 PM »

You guys had better find somebody.  78?  And to be 86 end of second term?  Come on.

Drama.

Trump is only three years younger and is already exhibiting clear signs of dementia.

Not saying Biden's age would not be an issue.  But Trump in no position to highlight it.

Won't stop him from trying, along with his irresponsible surrogates at Fox News.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: June 12, 2019, 07:04:17 PM »

Red's determination to stop false allegations of racism knows no bounds.
Thanks for agreeing.

I think he is probably both too stupid and too intellectually dishonest.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15072 on: June 12, 2019, 07:05:26 PM »

If you read this:

“I think there’s some issues that have such moral clarity that we have, as a society, decided that the other side is not acceptable,” Gillibrand said.

“Imagine saying that it’s OK to appoint a judge who’s racist or anti-Semitic or homophobic,” she continued. “Asking someone to appoint someone who takes away basic human rights of any group of people in America ... I don’t think those are political issues anymore.”

...and conclude that Gillibrand is saying pro-life people are racists, you are either too stupid or too intellectually dishonest to engage.

Oooo I know this one!

Choice B: intellectually dishonest!

What do I win?

REDSTATEWARD is often accused of intellectual dishonesty, its how every one of his posts come across.

But honestly, I think he might just be stupid.

Nah. When he claims not to have misspelled something he misspelled, that's dishonesty, not just stupidity.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15074 on: June 12, 2019, 07:14:25 PM »

Everybody else here handled your paranoia nicely. No need for me to pile on.
You mean everyone had no response other than
insults.
Behave as expected.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 07:16:10 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 4288