Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1600037 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15540 on: June 22, 2019, 04:58:53 PM »

..... 15 women: Jessica Leeds, Kristin Anderson, Jill Harth, Cathy Heller, Temple Taggart McDowell, Karena Virginia, Melinda McGillivray, Rachel Crooks, Natasha Stoynoff, Jessica Drake, Ninni Laaksonen, Summer Zervos, Juliet Huddy, Alva Johnson and Cassandra Searles.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/21/donald-trump-sexual-assault-allegation-e-jean-carroll-new-york-latest-accusation

Who?

Fucking hypocrite.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-bill-clinton-accusers-229441

Clinton's communications director, Jennifer Palmieri. "Hillary Clinton understands the opportunity in this town hall is to talk to voters on stage and in the audience about the issues that matter to them, and this stunt doesn’t change that.

"If Donald Trump doesn’t see that, that’s his loss. As always, she’s prepared to handle whatever Donald Trump throws her way.”

heh

And this has to do with what, exactly, Kiiid?

"I have no response to what is being said, so I am going to pretend I am Trump and talk about HRC instead."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15541 on: June 22, 2019, 05:01:57 PM »

Here, Kiiid, you can talk about this, instead:

https://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topics/politics/trump-san-diego-mayor-thanked-me-for-the-wall-mayor-i-did-not/

Trump said the mayor of San Diego thanked him for the wall.

The Mayor said, "No, I didn't," and explained what he did ask Trump for.

This was the GOP mayor of San Diego.

Trump has a hard time telling the truth.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15542 on: June 22, 2019, 05:06:55 PM »

Re:  OREGON

Protesting cap-and-trade by walking out today represents our constituency and exactly how we should be doing our job,” Senate Republican Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr., of Grants Pass, said in a statement Thursday. “We have endured threats of arrest, fines and pulling community project funds from the governor, Senate president and majority leader. We will not stand by and be bullied by the majority party any longer."

Republican Sen. Brian Boquist responded by telling state police to “send bachelors and come heavily armed” if they come and get him.

Attaboy.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15543 on: June 22, 2019, 05:09:56 PM »

https://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topics/politics/trump-san-diego-mayor-thanked-me-for-the-wall-mayor-i-did-not/

San Diego knows that John McCain was the national party’s last hope.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15544 on: June 22, 2019, 05:14:56 PM »

San Diego knows that John McCain was the national party’s last hope.

The mayor of San Diego didn't say anything re:  Trump's comments

If he did, please quote him..

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15545 on: June 22, 2019, 05:25:27 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15546 on: June 22, 2019, 05:29:00 PM »

Protesting cap-and-trade by walking out today represents our constituency and exactly how we should be doing our job,” Senate Republican Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr., of Grants Pass, said in a statement Thursday. “We have endured threats of arrest, fines and pulling community project funds from the governor, Senate president and majority leader. We will not stand by and be bullied by the majority party any longer."

Republican Sen. Brian Boquist responded by telling state police to “send bachelors and come heavily armed” if they come and get him.

Attaboy.
So police lives only matter in the right circumstances?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15547 on: June 22, 2019, 05:30:25 PM »

Wow. That was hard. No wonder it took me so long.

“That’s not what Mayor Faulconer said. We all know that the President uses his own terminology. But that wasn’t the focus of their conversation,” Gustafson wrote. “The president as an aside asked Mayor Faulconer what he thought about the border, and the Mayor’s response is that we welcome federal investment in our land ports of entry. We’re the busiest border crossing in the Western Hemisphere, and federal dollars help us make it easier to trade, cross legally and commute across the border.”

And then Gustafson went further to clarify.

“Mayor Faulconer does not support a wall from sea to shining sea. Let’s invest instead on stopping sewage from the Tijuana River Valley,” he wrote.

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topics/politics/trump-san-diego-mayor-thanked-me-for-the-wall-mayor-i-did-not/

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15548 on: June 22, 2019, 05:32:15 PM »

Wow. That was hard. No wonder it took me so long.

[qoute]“That’s not what Mayor Faulconer said. We all know that the President uses his own terminology. But that wasn’t the focus of their conversation,” Gustafson wrote. “The president as an aside asked Mayor Faulconer what he thought about the border, and the Mayor’s response is that we welcome federal investment in our land ports of entry. We’re the busiest border crossing in the Western Hemisphere, and federal dollars help us make it easier to trade, cross legally and commute across the border.”

And then Gustafson went further to clarify.

“Mayor Faulconer does not support a wall from sea to shining sea. Let’s invest instead on stopping sewage from the Tijuana River Valley,” he wrote.

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topics/politics/trump-san-diego-mayor-thanked-me-for-the-wall-mayor-i-did-not/
[/quote]

Kiiid has decided to pretend that when a spokesman does the job of representing the mayor, it doesn't count as the mayor's saying it.

Self-serving bullshit.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15549 on: June 22, 2019, 05:33:17 PM »

He threatened a cop

I think they should question him for that.

For not showing up to vote?

No.

YES.  West Wing does have an episode.....

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745590/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15550 on: June 22, 2019, 05:33:35 PM »

Attaboy.
So police lives only matter in the right circumstances?

Disarm the shitheel republicans and then we can deescalate the violence perpetrated by police. 

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15551 on: June 22, 2019, 05:52:19 PM »

Republicans have lost their fucking minds!

I remember when Texas Dems ran to Oklahoma to prevent a.vote on a redistricting bill in 2003.
I don’t remember an elected official threatening state troopers with armed resistance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/22/threats-militia-provoke-shutdown-oregon-capitol-day-after-gop-lawmakers-fled/

pay site

GOP elected official in Oregon threatens state troopers with armed violence from his white militia buddies.

Look up Sen. Brian Boquist a true fucking patriot.

So you are calling out bad bahavior?  Got it.

Bad Behavior?

Seig heil, bitch.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15552 on: June 22, 2019, 05:59:19 PM »

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/a-firsthand-report-of-inhumane-conditions-at-a-migrant-childrens-detention-facility

Information about the illegal, unethical concentration camps for children that the Trump administration continues to operate and plans to expand.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15553 on: June 22, 2019, 06:02:35 PM »

Anything to take our eyes off of the damage he is doing to the economy.

Wages have fallen since 2017. Not only fallen behind inflation, but fallen in absolute terms. Nice job GOP!

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1865907

Time to fire the kleptocrats.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15554 on: June 22, 2019, 06:09:53 PM »

He threatened a cop

I think they should question him for that.

For not showing up to vote?

No.

YES.  West Wing does have an episode.....

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745590/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

I already said Texas Democrats pulled a similar in 2003 when they duffed to Oklahoma... Tom Delay was legit stealing Democratic districts.

No Democrats threatened to shoot the fucking police because they didn’t like a piece of legislation you don’t have votes to defeat.

He dud the threaten a cop he threatened ANY STATE TROOPER WHO TRIES TO UPHOLD HIS DUTY.

Fucking hypocrite.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 4288