Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606265 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15810 on: June 27, 2019, 12:03:51 AM »

So...

who won?

Tim Ryan is toast.

He was toast going in.

Did he drop below Tulsi?

She gave him a pretty good smack down.

He deserves it. So, she's up to 23rd now?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15811 on: June 27, 2019, 12:20:17 AM »

Donald J. Trump   @realDonaldTrump  5h

For tonight’s #DemDebate, be sure to follow @TeamTrump, @TrumpWarRoom, @Parscale, @KayleighMcEnany, @TimMurtaugh, and @Marc_Lotter for RAPID RESPONSE, FACT CHECKING, and the TRUTH! #MAGA #KAG Sorry, I’m on Air Force One, off to save the Free World!

40 minutes into the debate:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
More
BORING!

So much for saving the free world.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15812 on: June 27, 2019, 03:30:38 AM »

Watching trumps try to steal everything that’s not nailed down for the last several years is boring. These are not attractive people in any non car wreck sense.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15813 on: June 27, 2019, 04:00:33 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/26/energy-renewable-electricity-coal-power

We’re getting somewhere. Coal is following buggy whips down, finally. Couldn’t happen to a nicer industry.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #15814 on: June 27, 2019, 04:40:17 AM »

The latest liberal elitist target; the vaping industry.

---Current smoking has declined from 20.9% (nearly 21 of every 100 adults) in 2005 to 14.0% (14 of every 100 adults) in 2017, and the proportion of ever smokers who have quit has increased.---

What heavy taxing, gruesome ads, and restrictions, could not do e-cigs have. Nancee and the elites have decided they are dirty, filthy, and harmful to children. Their sale is now banned in San Francisco. They hate them as much as coal mining in W. Virginia, oil drilling in Alaska, or holding centers for illegal immigrants.

---As a physician, I can unequivocally say that about 70 percent of the illnesses I have encountered has been either directly or indirectly related to cigarette smoking.  It is without a doubt an awful habit, and one whose psychological grip on the user is frighteningly powerful.   

At the American Council on Science and Health, we have always championed measures that improve public health outcomes – chief among them, advocating the use of electronic cigarettes.  We have written countless articles on the utility of e-cigarette use and its role in harm reduction.--- 

https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/10/04/case-e-cigs-continues-strengthen-11920

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15815 on: June 27, 2019, 05:51:49 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/26/energy-renewable-electricity-coal-power

We’re getting somewhere. Coal is following buggy whips down, finally. Couldn’t happen to a nicer industry.

April was a favorable month for renewables, with low energy demand and an uptick in wind generation. This means that coal may once again pull ahead of renewables again during 2019, although the long-term trends appear to be set.

#####

Coal is still needed for when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow.

The nearest whole percentage of power generated by wind in the world?
Answer...0...zero...0.04%.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15816 on: June 27, 2019, 06:02:42 AM »

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/much-can-be-learned-trump-praises-australia-s-asylum-seeker-policy-20190627-p521rq.html

'Much can be learned!': Trump praises Australia's asylum seeker policy

US President Donald Trump has praised Australia's "Illegal Immigration" policy just hours before he is due to meet Prime Minister Scott Morrison for dinner at the G20 summit in Japan.

"These flyers depict Australia's policy on Illegal Immigration. Much can be learned!" Mr Trump tweeted on Thursday morning local time.

#####

Indeed, it's the only way.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15817 on: June 27, 2019, 08:27:17 AM »

For the same reason you can only use coal power when you plug your extension cord directly into the power generating plant. Jesus you are an idiot.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #15818 on: June 27, 2019, 08:38:10 AM »

So...

who won?

Tim Ryan is toast.
Of course. Doomed to remain the fourth most famous ex-Youngstown State football player ever.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #15819 on: June 27, 2019, 08:40:52 AM »

"These flyers depict Australia's policy on Illegal Immigration. Much can be learned!" Mr Trump tweeted on Thursday morning local time.[/I]
Trump thinks much can be learned from a series of flyers....

barton

« Reply #15820 on: June 27, 2019, 10:08:10 AM »

For the same reason you can only use coal power when you plug your extension cord directly into the power generating plant. Jesus you are an idiot.

Easy, Lime.  They don't have grids in Oz.  Their civilization is based on wicker. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15821 on: June 27, 2019, 10:17:00 AM »

Gerrymandering lives on.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15822 on: June 27, 2019, 10:19:01 AM »

You guessed wrong. Then you wrote a lot of horseshit.

Both extreme partisans are using pictures of dead babies to advance their cause. That's disgusting on many levels. Guess you don't see it that way.

Looks like I guessed right (hint, I wasn't really guessing) and then you promptly ignored or did not understand the points that followed.

Shorter version; pointing to dead babies to advance your cause isn't disgusting (on any level) if your cause is ending policies that lead to dead babies.

Maybe what you want to argue is that family separations, metering and otherwise making border conditions appreciably crueler (such as arguing that you do not need to provide beds or soap or toothpaste) as a mater of policy does not actually lead to higher risk of death for migrants.  Then make that argument. 

Otherwise, your post is virtue signaling without merit or substance.

If only you were msn enough to admit you fucked up.

You fucked up.

You are the 2nd-to-last person (after Ward) who should be lecturing others here on admitting fucking up.

Joshie butts in, beard caked with donut crumbs, glasses fogged, as the illiberal Leftists circle the wagons, trying to defend exploiting pics of dead children to advance the cause.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #15823 on: June 27, 2019, 10:39:20 AM »

You guessed wrong. Then you wrote a lot of horseshit.

Both extreme partisans are using pictures of dead babies to advance their cause. That's disgusting on many levels. Guess you don't see it that way.

Looks like I guessed right (hint, I wasn't really guessing) and then you promptly ignored or did not understand the points that followed.

Shorter version; pointing to dead babies to advance your cause isn't disgusting (on any level) if your cause is ending policies that lead to dead babies.

Maybe what you want to argue is that family separations, metering and otherwise making border conditions appreciably crueler (such as arguing that you do not need to provide beds or soap or toothpaste) as a mater of policy does not actually lead to higher risk of death for migrants.  Then make that argument. 

Otherwise, your post is virtue signaling without merit or substance.

If only you were msn enough to admit you fucked up.

You fucked up.

You are the 2nd-to-last person (after Ward) who should be lecturing others here on admitting fucking up.

Joshie butts in, beard caked with donut crumbs, glasses fogged, as the illiberal Leftists circle the wagons, trying to defend exploiting pics of dead children to advance the cause.
While asshat Hamilton continues to exploit pics of dead children to advance his own personal vendettas.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15824 on: June 27, 2019, 11:47:28 AM »

Joshie butts in, beard caked with donut crumbs....

heh
Pages: 1 ... 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 ... 4288