Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606468 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #16965 on: July 19, 2019, 11:47:25 AM »

Back in the 60s and 70s we had a slogan: "America - love it or leave it!" It was wrong then. It's wrong now.

No it wasn't.
It's not wrong now.

Crawl back up whatever asshole you fell out of, you ignorant self righteous little creep.

Yeah, I too grow weary of Bambu.  A surprising percent of the human race actually prefers the perceived comfort and security of dictatorship.  They will never admit it, to themselves or others.  Democracy, and the freedom to express grievances about governance, is always a fragile thing.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #16966 on: July 19, 2019, 12:33:11 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-isnt-todays-wendell-willkie-hes-todays-benito-mussolini/2015/12/08/77c81b0c-9ddc-11e5-a3c5-c77f2cc5a43c_story.html

I like Milbank

Interesting note on why Republicans are holding back on their Trump critique.  Affects them in all races for 2020 if they degrade the top guy.

I think understand the cowardice that Republican office holders have exhibit by not voicing the mildest rebuke of the fascist wannabe dictator over the past two years. They fear losing something they beleive greater than their pride and dignity and decency, they fear losing a paycheck and what little perceived power and influence they have.

America was founded by such courage and conviction!

But now with the criticisms that the Trump has received from party leaders who reognize a racist tirade when they hear it, and following Trump's modest  retreat and false statements of his disappointment with the North Caroloina rally picking up his racist prompts,  kid why can't you criticize the guy and goose-step in line with your party leaders?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16967 on: July 19, 2019, 03:13:06 PM »

Achtung, bitches!

don’t say you didn’t see this crisis coming...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #16968 on: July 19, 2019, 03:33:11 PM »

It also affects the issues, namely immigration and big government. Also gun control, spending, taxation etc. . The two parties have seldom been more polarized. Bernie and the "squad" on one side and crazy Donald on the other. Than there is non PC hissy fit name calling. " you're a racist", "you're a ding bat from a third world shit hole culture". Donald remains a man of the people. If you're people are pimps and slumlords. The squad needs to be deported to Somalia asap, the home of subjugated women.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #16969 on: July 19, 2019, 03:35:47 PM »

Here is a test most of you bitches should have no trouble with:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/how-would-you-do-on-the-us-naturalization-test/0c5948b8-15be-46a7-a2eb-ba86b5760428_quiz.html

10/10.

(though I sorta guessed on the river question)

barton

« Reply #16970 on: July 19, 2019, 03:42:18 PM »

It also affects the issues, namely immigration and big government. Also gun control, spending, taxation etc. . The two parties have seldom been more polarized. Bernie and the "squad" on one side and crazy Donald on the other. Than there is non PC hissy fit name calling. " you're a racist", "you're a ding bat from a third world shit hole culture". Donald remains a man of the people. If you're people are pimps and slumlords.The squad needs to be deported to Somalia asap, the home of subjugated women.

Once in a while your posts contain nuggets of sense.   

But, curious, why would you deport women who are US citizens, born in Bronx, Detroit, and Cincinnati, to Somalia?   I fear your meds are wearing off.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16971 on: July 19, 2019, 05:14:04 PM »

It also affects the issues, namely immigration and big government. Also gun control, spending, taxation etc. . The two parties have seldom been more polarized. Bernie and the "squad" on one side and crazy Donald on the other. Than there is non PC hissy fit name calling. " you're a racist", "you're a ding bat from a third world shit hole culture". Donald remains a man of the people. If you're people are pimps and slumlords.The squad needs to be deported to Somalia asap, the home of subjugated women.

But, curious, why would you deport women who are US citizens, born in Bronx, Detroit, and Cincinnati, to Somalia?   I fear your meds are wearing off.

Why don’t you just say it is a matter of black and white?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16972 on: July 19, 2019, 05:42:04 PM »

Historic!

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #16973 on: July 19, 2019, 06:38:07 PM »

Historic!

As part of the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing and reflecting his need to bask in its historic glow, Pres. Trump had special commemorative caps made
with the slogan,

"Send them back"

crossed wires...

Good luck Mr. Gorsky!

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #16974 on: July 19, 2019, 07:05:31 PM »

Remember when the big fear was killer bees? These women all come from cultures even here that were hostile to them and now they are on a feeding frenzy with freedom. A little time in the old sod maybe would let them know and appreciate where they now are and where they came from. The fringe left is entertaining but not appropriate and to me dangerous.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #16975 on: July 19, 2019, 07:15:07 PM »

POLITICS
JUNE 21, 2019
New High in U.S. Say Immigration Most Important Problem

https://news.gallup.com/poll/259103/new-high-say-immi

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16977 on: July 19, 2019, 08:55:36 PM »

The fringe left is entertaining but not appropriate and to me dangerous.

I can agree with this

But how much danger is there really with no actual power?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16979 on: July 19, 2019, 09:54:19 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 4288