Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1612981 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17310 on: July 25, 2019, 04:04:10 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17312 on: July 25, 2019, 04:47:31 PM »

I am living proof that one can be born a Somali, raised as an anti-Semite, indoctrinated as an anti-Zionist—and still overcome all this to appreciate the unique culture of Judaism and the extraordinary achievement of the state of Israel. If I can make that leap, so perhaps can Ms. Omar.

Just more slander.  The assumption is that the fact that she is of Somali descent (her family moved from there when she was four) she has some built-in existing prejudice against jewish people that she has yet to overcome.

I believe she does

You believe what you’re told to believe, you spineless treasonous rat dropping.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: July 25, 2019, 05:57:34 PM »

Why would Trump be overjoyed at his own impeachment. No the anchor babies and their humongous chain families now able to share the wealth unimpinged. No the jihadis that want to destroy the barking dog infidels, the Israel entity, and wish death to America; hint 9-11, the Boston bombathon, Ft Hood, Riverside, Orlando, etc. etc.

Wasn't Omar censored by her own party for making crude, primitive, anti-semitic comments? Thank you Nancee.

---Pelosi, House Democratic leaders denounced Omar for promoting 'anti-Semitic tropes.'---

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17314 on: July 25, 2019, 06:04:21 PM »

Why would Trump be overjoyed at his own impeachment. No the anchor babies and their humongous chain families now able to share the wealth unimpinged. No the jihadis that want to destroy the barking dog infidels, the Israel entity, and wish death to America; hint 9-11, the Boston bombathon, Ft Hood, Riverside, Orlando, etc. etc.

Wasn't Omar censored by her own party for making crude, primitive, anti-semitic comments? Thank you Nancee.

---Pelosi, House Democratic leaders denounced Omar for promoting 'anti-Semitic tropes.'---

Q wants his crack pipe back.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: July 25, 2019, 06:27:18 PM »

I am living proof that one can be born a Somali, raised as an anti-Semite, indoctrinated as an anti-Zionist—and still overcome all this to appreciate the unique culture of Judaism and the extraordinary achievement of the state of Israel. If I can make that leap, so perhaps can Ms. Omar.

Just more slander.  The assumption is that the fact that she is of Somali descent (her family moved from there when she was four) she has some built-in existing prejudice against jewish people that she has yet to overcome.

I believe she does

Based on your own built-in existing prejudice against her.

We know, Kid. We know.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17316 on: July 25, 2019, 06:30:50 PM »

Reno was a law enforcement officer. Barr is a co-conspirator. Starr was appointed as an independent counsel, Mueller as a far more limited special counsel. Starr was a rabid weasel. Mueller is a republican who investigated so called republicans, and was reluctant to hurt his own people. Starr was happy to sink the country to bolster his reputation as the no. 1 with him hunter.

Also Starr's was specifically an impeachment inquiry.  Mueller's was not, and was we now know never going to have teeth because of the OLC opinion.

How different would the report have been (and Mueller's testimony yesterday) if he was asked to render an opinion on impeachment rather than prosecutable criminal offenses?  I don't think there can be any debate where Mueller would have gone with that.
He already did.
Nancy said no, though.

I believe she said not at this time.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17317 on: July 25, 2019, 06:36:23 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/politics/us-marines-arrested/index.html

Sixteen US Marines were arrested Thursday for alleged involvement in various illegal activities ranging from human smuggling to drug-related offenses, according to a statement from the Marine Corps.

The arrests took place in a dramatic fashion on Thursday morning at Camp Pendleton, California, during a battalion formation.
"Information gained from a previous human smuggling investigation precipitated the arrests," the statement said. "None of the Marines arrested or detained for questioning served in support of the Southwest Border Support mission."

Eight other Marines were also questioned on their involvement in alleged drug offenses unrelated to today's arrests, the Marine Corps said.

Yeah, that southern border and its human trafficking. I feel safer with the marines on the job, don't you?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: July 25, 2019, 06:40:04 PM »

I believe she does

Are you saying I was against her for simply winning her election?

Please.

Even now I keep an open mind.  Waiting to watch it play out.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: July 25, 2019, 06:45:06 PM »

I believe she does

Please.

Even now I keep an open mind.  Waiting to watch it play out.

Always the impression I'm left with after reading one of your posts, kiidcarter8; now there is a poster who is keeping an open mind.

Like how, as you said, you still haven't endorsed a candidate for President in 2020.  None of us know who that will possibly be!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17320 on: July 25, 2019, 06:47:48 PM »

Do I need to tell you guys which candidate to run, as I did with Obama?

Not sure there is one who can win this time but I will give it a shot if you wish.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: July 25, 2019, 06:57:03 PM »

I believe she does

Nope.

And no, you have a mind that is anything but open, which includes an inability to self-assess.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17322 on: July 25, 2019, 06:57:54 PM »

Do I need to tell you guys which candidate to run, as I did with Obama?

Not sure there is one who can win this time but I will give it a shot if you wish.

So open all the contents fell out.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: July 25, 2019, 07:02:06 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/politics/family-separation-documents/index.html

Hundreds of red flags were raised internally within the Trump administration about how families were being separated at the US-Mexico border, including some from months before the controversial "zero tolerance" policy was announced, according to documents reviewed by CNN.

The documents include anecdotes of children allegedly blindsided when they were separated from their parents after being apprehended at the southern border. One referral received by the Department of Homeland Security's Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties describes a 14-year-old who said he was separated from his father in May 2018 "after a meal break while in custody, and was told by officers that his father would be deported."

In another, an 11-year-old stated that he "was called aside by an officer and then he did not see his father again." A 10-year-old with "poor communication skills" was allegedly separated from his mother in June 2018.

Taken together, the documents provide a rare glimpse into how one part of the Trump administration -- the Department of Health and Human Services -- was flagging cases of concern to another part -- the Department of Homeland Security -- during a tumultuous time that eventually resulted in the separation of thousands of families apprehended at the southern border.
HHS' Office of Refugee Resettlement, which is charged with the care of unaccompanied migrant children, instructed staff to submit significant incident reports for alleged cases of family separation once the agency started seeing an uptick in cases, according to the agency.

The refugee agency was unaware of the "zero tolerance" separation policy prior to its public announcement in April 2018, and the reports were submitted as incidents of abuse in Homeland Security custody and sent to DHS' Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, an agency official said. The zero tolerance policy was officially implemented in May and ended in June after a public outcry.

850 referrals. twelve under 1 year old.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17324 on: July 25, 2019, 07:04:34 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/politics/house-vote-budget-debt-limit-deal/index.html

The House past the budget and debt limit deal.

Will the Senate?
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 4288