Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606925 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17970 on: August 06, 2019, 09:40:05 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17971 on: August 06, 2019, 09:40:20 PM »

News Item
August 6
AP

A federal judge in Manhattan has dismissed a lawsuit filed by the Democratic National Committee against Russia, the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and others, ruling the committee’s allegations of a wide-ranging conspiracy to interfere in the 2016 election were “moot or without merit.”

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17972 on: August 06, 2019, 09:42:26 PM »

Mitch is working hard to get drummed out of office just like Deficit Don.

Maybe they can get jobs together at Taco Bell in 2021.

Trump is scared shitless of Rep. Escobar which is as close as he comes to having a good political instinct.

Trump is still responsible for more lies than murders, but the murders are catching up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17973 on: August 06, 2019, 09:43:14 PM »

If you say it's the usual protocol - why is the press making so much of the 500k?

I didn't say it's the usual protocol, Kid.

The press did.

And because the culprit doesn't usually return to the scene of the crime in politics.

Further, while apparently (according to the link I provided that you seem not to have read prior to dismissing it, par for the course) 2nd term campaigns do it, this was both more than usual and Trump's been running out on bills for a lot longer than he's been president.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17974 on: August 06, 2019, 09:44:57 PM »

Not news.  Just convenient

And no - I wont be reading everything you link to

But much of it there is a good chance I already have

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17975 on: August 06, 2019, 09:47:30 PM »

Gotta click you to ------ now

You got your debate woody - have a pleasant rest of the evening

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17976 on: August 06, 2019, 09:49:35 PM »

A federal judge in New York on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) alleging that the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and the Russian government had conspired to interfere in the 2016 election.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/455404-judge-dismisses-dnc-lawsuit-against-trump-campaign-russia-over

The witch hunt is over? HRC must be beside herself.

News Item
August 6
AP

A federal judge in Manhattan has dismissed a lawsuit filed by the Democratic National Committee against Russia, the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and others, ruling the committee’s allegations of a wide-ranging conspiracy to interfere in the 2016 election were “moot or without merit.”

The news item was a week ago, Ward.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17977 on: August 06, 2019, 09:51:11 PM »

Not news.  Just convenient

And no - I wont be reading everything you link to

But much of it there is a good chance I already have
[/quote

Kid, I don't give a fuck whether you read everything I link to.

But I do think, somehow, that if you are going to doubt a story you might at least read it first?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17978 on: August 06, 2019, 09:54:11 PM »

Gotta click you to ------ now

You got your debate woody - have a pleasant rest of the evening

No debate involved with you, Kid.

You state your opinion, with or without having read anything, but provide zero substantiation.

"Debate woody?"

I think you have the way you get your jollies confused with mine. I like informed discussion in which a person says "I think this is false, on the following basis..."

You? You just say things to say them, without reason.

So screw yourself.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17979 on: August 06, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »

A federal judge in New York on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) alleging that the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and the Russian government had conspired to interfere in the 2016 election.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/455404-judge-dismisses-dnc-lawsuit-against-trump-campaign-russia-over

News Item
August 6
AP

Funny you didn’t post it.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17980 on: August 06, 2019, 10:02:08 PM »

Enticing idiots to repeat falsehoods and commit acts of violence is just one of the services trump provides for his Russian puppet masters.

Trump would be in real trouble if enough rubes like Red & Kid stopped playing along.   
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17981 on: August 06, 2019, 10:18:58 PM »

The alleged El Paso shooter drew upon American gun-rights ideology and the easy availability of high-powered firearms to actually bring his terrorist attack to fruition. "I can no longer bear the shame of inaction," said the manifesto, "knowing that our founding fathers have endowed me with the rights needed to save our country from the brink destruction." Such thinking is the direct lineage of dark interpretations of the Second Amendment proffered by gun rights absolutists and many elected Republicans -- that gun rights are meant as a "hedge against tyranny."

Not so sure this is true

Takes a bit to get your hands on a weapon

And in the meantime, not enough is done to unsure you mean to do no harm.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/opinions/its-not-mental-illness-its-hate-and-guns-ambler/index.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17982 on: August 06, 2019, 10:20:10 PM »

I see we al use CNN website now.....

Glad to have helped.  And to give that advantage.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17984 on: August 06, 2019, 10:42:16 PM »

News Item
August 6
AP

Funny you didn’t post it.

No, I didn't.

I was about to post it, but saw that Luee already had. I did comment upon it, noting that as Clinton was not a party to the suit, I suspected she was not particularly broken up about it.

You seem to think you scored a point by observing that I did not post it.

You are so bizarre.
Pages: 1 ... 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 ... 4288