Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1198 1199 [1200] 1201 1202 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1607182 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17985 on: August 06, 2019, 10:52:22 PM »

A federal judge in New York on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) alleging that the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and the Russian government had conspired to interfere in the 2016 election.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/455404-judge-dismisses-dnc-lawsuit-against-trump-campaign-russia-over

The witch hunt is over? HRC must be beside herself.

News Item
August 6
AP

A federal judge in Manhattan has dismissed a lawsuit filed by the Democratic National Committee against Russia, the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and others, ruling the committee’s allegations of a wide-ranging conspiracy to interfere in the 2016 election were “moot or without merit.”
The news item was a week ago, Ward.
Funny you didn’t post it.

No, I didn't.

I was about to post it, but saw that Luee already had. I did comment upon it, noting that as Clinton was not a party to the suit, I suspected she was not particularly broken up about it.

You seem to think you scored a point by observing that I did not post it.

You are so bizarre.
A federal judge in New York on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) alleging that the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and the Russian government had conspired to interfere in the 2016 election.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/455404-judge-dismisses-dnc-lawsuit-against-trump-campaign-russia-over

News Item
August 6
AP

A federal judge in Manhattan has dismissed a lawsuit filed by the Democratic National Committee against Russia, the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and others, ruling the committee’s allegations of a wide-ranging conspiracy to interfere in the 2016 election were “moot or without merit.”

No, I didn't.

I was about to post it, but saw that Luee already had. I did comment upon it, noting that as Clinton was not a party to the suit, I suspected she was not particularly broken up about it.

What does Clinton have to do with anything involved in the lawsuit?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17986 on: August 06, 2019, 11:00:57 PM »

Another question people might have is ;

"If the Leftists/Democrats weren't cheering for open borders and unbridled illegal immigration, would there be any immigration crisis at all, and would there have been the mass shootings?"

As KC said, check yourself, dude.  No one on the Left mainstream is calling for open borders or illegal migration.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17987 on: August 06, 2019, 11:07:32 PM »

"If the Leftists/Democrats weren't cheering for open borders and unbridled illegal immigration, would there be any immigration crisis at all, and would there have been the mass shootings?"

As KC said, check yourself, dude.  No one on the Left mainstream is calling for open borders or illegal migration.

They are... by their actions with sanctuary cities...opposing sealing of the borders, and supporting non-deportation of illegal immigrants.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17988 on: August 06, 2019, 11:10:21 PM »

News Item
August 6
AP

No, I didn't.

You seem to think you scored a point by observing that I did not post it.

You are so bizarre.

News Item
August 6
AP

No, I didn't.

What does Clinton have to do with anything involved in the lawsuit?

No idea. Ask Luee, who is the one who raised her as a topic.

You posted the piece. Can't you see that?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17989 on: August 06, 2019, 11:11:39 PM »

They are... by their actions with sanctuary cities...opposing sealing of the borders, and supporting non-deportation of illegal immigrants.

You invent "logic" as well as Kid does, but with equal lack of substance behind the supposed logic.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17991 on: August 06, 2019, 11:18:56 PM »

JULIAN CASTRO is done.  Some poor judgment last 2 days.

A shame.  Had hope he may be the one.

I like him.  What specifically do you mean by poor judgment?

Seems it was the BROTHER that posted names and addresses of Trump donors.  My bad

Here's what Castro posted. I don't see any addresses, Kid. Everything he posted there is public record.

Maybe the person you should be fact checking is yourself! You accused the wrong person of committing a crime that was not a crime and claimed it had information it did not have.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17992 on: August 06, 2019, 11:28:06 PM »

"People need to hold (Trump) accountable"

Yes, because Donald caused the mass murder.  Despite any other evidence.

Got it, Ms Escobar.

Have to wonder why they are even investigating it further.

Wonder why they're not holding "Viva Obama" accountable...he did absolutely nothing about 'getting the guns' and stopping mass shootings.
Obama controlled Congress...and could've banned all but bolt action rifles and hand guns.

'5 minutes' after the mosque attacks in Christchurch NZ...Prime Minister there and her govt banned all auto/semi auto weapons.
Shooter got the guns in NZ legally, got a gun licence, bought the guns.
Lived in a apartment, went off to work, said hello to his neighbours, 'nice man'.
No mental illness, 'a lovely normal man.'
Never an inkling there was anything but good in him.
Not one clue that he was capable of, or likely to commit...mass murder.

In Australia he could not get those weapons...they'd been banned long ago, after one too many mass murders.
So he went to NZ where he could get them.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17993 on: August 06, 2019, 11:34:07 PM »

https://in.mashable.com/science/5508/alaskas-sea-ice-has-completely-melted-away?fbclid=IwAR1gT1YX8w3EMgS7gAZYKRUsnGPse_j6q7qVA69yFGchx8AN1XthtySqs0Q

Alaska's sea ice has completely melted away.

As it was always going to do...having started to melt many thousands of years ago.

Climate change is real.
The climate is always changing.
What's in dispute is what part, if any, man is playing in it.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #17994 on: August 07, 2019, 12:00:00 AM »

We have issues going on routinely in Chicago pertaining to gun violence. And Chicago has very strict gun laws. The problem is that the criminals do not obey the laws. Taking a gun away from a saintly Grandmother will not stop crime, it will just take away her right to defend herself and to defend others. It is deeper than that.

What we need to do is to raise better children, and have better adults.

We need for the children to have heroes who are good guys, and we need for the children to have good role models.

And for instance, the JP Morgan Chase Bank programs to help Black youth are great, and the Black youth need to take advantage of those kind of programs.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/jpmorgan-chase-expanding-economic-opportunity-for-black-americans-2019-02-11

The Black youth need good mentors, etc, and they need to be coached to fulfill their potential, instead of dying in the ghetto. We need to raise better children with the expectation of success, and when they come out of college poor and in debt, they need to have good mentors to guide and advise them. etc.

Also, the cities need to be revamped. Like Giuliani did with NYC. Clean up the cities, and expect people to obey the laws and to behave like ladies and gentlemen. Make the cities nicer, and make people behave properly. There can be redevelopment money, and business loans, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

And pull the weeds, and plant success.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndca/weed-and-seed

When we have mass shootings it draws attention to gun violence, but we have cities which have gun violence happening all of the time. And the cities which are the worst are the ones with the strictest gun laws. So, it is not about gun laws, but rather it is how we are raising our children.

I know that the magnitude of the situation seems so big that we cannot do anything about it, but if people work together then success can be achieved.

Just a little thing like making the children be kind to each other on the playground. Teaching the children kindness is the best thing that we can do. Teach the big kid to protect the little kids. Don't let the bullies ruin the playgrounds.

We have had some problems with bullies hurting children at a local skate park, so now adults hang out at the skate park to supervise the children, and to stop bullies. They can do the same thing in Chicago and in other cities.

Murder is already a crime, you cannot fight against the crime with just laws, we need to raise better children.

Those are just a few thoughts.

Salute,

Tony V,

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 12:02:33 AM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17995 on: August 07, 2019, 12:09:10 AM »

Wonder why they're not holding "Viva Obama" accountable...he did absolutely nothing about 'getting the guns' and stopping mass shootings.
Obama controlled Congress...and could've banned all but bolt action rifles and hand guns.

No, he didn't "control Congress."

And he tried to work with negotiation and compromise.

I get it, you like autocracies. Obama was not an autocrat.

President Obama was sworn in on January 20, 2009. 58 Democratic senators. The 59th, Al Franken, was held up by the GOP.
March, 2009: Senator Kennedy's brain tumor keeps him from the Senate. 57 functioning Democratic senators.
April 30, 2009: Arlen Specter switches parties. 58 Democratic senators.
May 18, 2009: Senator Byrd was hospitalized. 57 functioning Democratic senators.
June 30, 2009: Senator Byrd released from the hospital. 58 Democratic senators.
July 7, 2009,:Al Franken is seated. 59 functioning Democratic senators.
August 25, 2009: Senator Kennedy dies. Still 59 functioning Democratic senators.
September 25, 2009: Paul Kirk sworn in. 60 functioing Democratic senators.
February 4, 2010: Scott Brown sworn in, replacing Paul Kirk. 59 functioning Democratic senators.

But...

If the Democratic Senate or House does not create a bill, the president has no power to create it. So, no, Obama had a small window in which Congress might have passed a bill, but not came before him.

And not all of those brief 60 senators were pro gun-control.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17996 on: August 07, 2019, 12:49:30 AM »

There are countries with more immigrants crashing their borders than we have, as well, which have those three other factors.

And yet, here we are.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17997 on: August 07, 2019, 02:08:07 AM »

mommy dearest's side of the family ancestor was a free Lutheran immigrant from Prussia in the mid 1800s, who paid his own way.
Father's father was a free Protestant immigrant from Wales....circa 1900.

Youngish Lutheran's got out of Prussia because the leftists led by Marx and co were taking over. "Previous hereditary property will have to be purchased [from the State] by the inheritors."

German proto-fascist convicts. Explains a lot really.

No one goes to wallow in wallaby shit unless they’re on the run from something, despite what they may tell their gullible descendants.

They may have been pimps like the trumps.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #17999 on: August 07, 2019, 10:04:16 AM »

It's automatic weapons not a handgun. Any looney tune can still obtain a 200 rpm shooter for hunting squirrels! If your state does not allow it go next door.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 1198 1199 [1200] 1201 1202 ... 4288