Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583599 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18615 on: August 16, 2019, 01:15:48 PM »

I would say two things. First of all, there was an invitation by the bipartisan delegation, and we have had here last week, basically 70 members of Congress from both parties headed by both majority and minority leader, and it would have been much better for them to come then. They refused.

And not only that, they have decided on their own accord to actually ignore Israel, to go only to the Palestinian side. They are sponsored by an organization, Palestinian one, which is called MIFTAH which supports terrorism. And I think that by the latest analysis, the reason for this visit was just a clear provocation and really to harm and hurt Israeli interests

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/israel-has-welcomed-other-political-critics-how-trump-made-omar-and-tlaib-different
Odd you did not.include this part:

nobody can deny the president's tweet, once there is a request from the president of our best friend and ally, you know, the United States of America, certainly you have to heed or you have to take into consideration their request. So, I'm sure this was also added into the mix. And you can here invoke what we call a waiver because of national interest.

The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18616 on: August 16, 2019, 01:17:54 PM »

I included everything

Do you really think Netanyahu actedbecause of Trump?

(note:  wasnt really Netanyahu acting - he just stood by the decision of his underling)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 01:19:43 PM by kiidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18617 on: August 16, 2019, 02:14:54 PM »

Kiid is learning. He’s learning just how far he can get with fantasy, lies, and bigoted distortion. It turns out to be just as far as his charm and good looks get him - exactly nowhere.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18618 on: August 16, 2019, 03:12:43 PM »

I included everything

Do you really think Netanyahu actedbecause of Trump?

(note:  wasnt really Netanyahu acting - he just stood by the decision of his underling)

I'm not a big fan of the two Dem Muslim congress people, but IMO Israel made a fucking massive mistake getting involved in US partisan politics and allowing itself to get played by Trump.

What Democracy worth the name is afraid of letting critics criticize?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18619 on: August 16, 2019, 03:22:36 PM »

Complete echo from me, bank.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18620 on: August 16, 2019, 03:38:47 PM »

It was mind numbling stupid. They should have extnded all courtesies to the MusDems, as they would any other gov't officials visiting Israel. But rather than take some heat for a 24 hours news cycle (whatever) they created matyrs and showed themselves to be cowards and pawns to Trump.

and pawns usually get sacrificed.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18621 on: August 16, 2019, 03:51:53 PM »

It was mind numbling stupid. They should have extnded all courtesies to the MusDems, as they would any other gov't officials visiting Israel. But rather than take some heat for a 24 hours news cycle (whatever) they created matyrs and showed themselves to be cowards and pawns to Trump.

Isn't that a pawn's raison d'être?  🤔😅😅😅😉

Pawns generally are not complicit in their own demise. Benji N sold out his country on the cheap.

Just like Komrade Trumpanov and Moscow Mitchy
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 03:53:50 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18622 on: August 16, 2019, 05:56:00 PM »

uh..............what?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18623 on: August 16, 2019, 06:16:06 PM »

uh..............what?
I think chess analogies are beyond him, banks. Try checkers. Or really maybe tic tac toe.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18624 on: August 16, 2019, 06:34:44 PM »

funny stuff

I agree with the guy who just tweeted

"Rep Tlaib obviously hates Israel more then she loves her grandmother"

Nu? What else would you say?

Bigot.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18625 on: August 16, 2019, 06:37:33 PM »

uh..............what?

It's a chess analogy.

Don't give it additonal thought and stick to something you may know, like Tic Tac Toe.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18626 on: August 16, 2019, 06:38:36 PM »

uh..............what?
I think chess analogies are beyond him, banks. Try checkers. Or really maybe tic tac toe.

Typed instead of looking!

I'm with you.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18627 on: August 16, 2019, 06:46:12 PM »

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-illinois-prison-books-removed-inmate-education-20190815-6xlrmfwmovdxnbc3ohvsx6edgu-story.html?fbclid=IwAR1_DBSG27TjTJsS8rvKB4uu_wsF3xIA84uoBQwOVxtOI5Mw2wSU2JfNPu0

Can't have them learning things like civil rights, right? Or African-American history.

Officials at an Illinois prison suspended an educational program for inmates, launched two internal investigations and removed 200 books from a prison library because many had “racial” content or addressed issues like diversity and inclusion, according to records obtained by the Tribune.

Danville Correctional Center officials also prohibited for use in the University of Illinois program several classic books of African American history, including “The Souls of Black Folk,” the anti-slavery novel “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” and the memoir of former slave and abolitionist Frederick Douglass.

Hundreds of pages of records released by the Illinois Department of Corrections in response to Freedom of Information Act requests paint the clearest picture yet of the origins of the dispute between IDOC and the Education Justice Project. And while the department’s public statements about the controversy emphasized that the books had not been appropriately reviewed, internal IDOC emails and other documents show that the program was swiftly suspended and the books removed after the race-related themes of the some of the content were flagged.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18628 on: August 16, 2019, 06:58:40 PM »

https://nypost.com/2019/08/14/its-masculinity-to-the-rescue/

When a knife-wielding killer went on a bloody rampage through the streets of Sydney, Australia, this week, he was stopped in his tracks by a group of courageous men using just a milk crate and a chair.

Brandishing a butcher’s knife and yelling “Allahu Akbar,” 21-year-old Mert Ney already had allegedly murdered one woman and stabbed another in the back when six men armed themselves with weapons, ranging from a café chair to a firefighter’s ax, and chased him down.

With the killer pinned to the ground, one of the men yelled at him in outrage over his violence against women: “You’re a piece of . . . You stabbed a chick, mate.”

In every story of bloodshed and mayhem, it’s the same. Tales of selfless male heroism and chivalry emerge in the face of mortal danger.
These are men who rush toward danger, risking their lives and even dying in the noble cause of protecting women and children.

We saw it in the El Paso and Dayton massacres. There was David Johnson, 63, who pushed his wife and 9-year-old granddaughter to safety under a counter at the El Paso Walmart before he was fatally shot.

#####

Gotta love that "toxic masculinity" so hated by some today.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18629 on: August 16, 2019, 07:01:10 PM »

If Bambi had his way and Trump his and Kid and Ward theirs, Pasteur would have sold his vaccine to the highest bidder and the world would still largely be suffering from Polio.

Sign outside Cook County Hospital in Illinois
Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 ... 4288