Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599519 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18630 on: August 16, 2019, 07:03:25 PM »

Gotta love that "toxic masculinity" so hated by some today.

Yeah!

Ignore who was being stopped. Ignore that the number of women doing this is far smaller.

Ignore everything else and focus on your own narrative, because facts are not in your favor.

(And ignore  that sometimes it is a woman who stops the mass murderers, because you are you.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18631 on: August 16, 2019, 07:23:01 PM »

If Bambi had his way and Trump his and Kid and Ward theirs, Pasteur would have sold his vaccine to the highest bidder and the world would still largely be suffering from Polio.

Sign outside Cook County Hospital in Illinois

Nah, bambu-ilk are social-Conservatives.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18632 on: August 16, 2019, 07:27:21 PM »

https://nypost.com/2019/08/07/the-link-between-pot-and-mass-shootings-may-be-closer-than-we-think/

The link between pot and mass shootings may be closer than we think
By Miranda Devine

You can’t walk through the streets of Manhattan these days without smelling weed.

Even as evidence mounts of the health problems associated with marijuana, New York has insisted on joining other greedy states scrambling to legalize this deceptively dangerous drug.

It makes no sense at a time when American youth is suffering from an unprecedented mental health crisis.

And, in all honesty, we cannot rule out a connection between increasing marijuana use, mental illness and the recent spate of mass shootings by disturbed young males.

#####

Indeed Miranda, indeed...pot sends people crazy in the head, alters their minds/personality, sends 'em schitzo.
No one much would listen in the rush to send the country potty.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:35:45 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18633 on: August 16, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »

If Miranda has any medical evidence that attibutes violence to marijuana use I would love to read it.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18634 on: August 16, 2019, 07:43:44 PM »

If Miranda has any medical evidence that attibutes violence to marijuana use I would love to read it.

I'll save her the trouble;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-470837/Cannabis-crazed-man-murdered-year-old-court-hears.html

'Cannabis crazed man murdered four-year-old', court hears

Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18635 on: August 16, 2019, 07:47:29 PM »

Um, yeah. Not quite what I was looking for.  Nice try.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18636 on: August 16, 2019, 08:30:07 PM »

Bambu seems to have confused racism with Marijuana. It must be a side effect of his kicked in the head radio host.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18637 on: August 16, 2019, 09:04:16 PM »

I'll save her the trouble;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-470837/Cannabis-crazed-man-murdered-year-old-court-hears.html

'Cannabis crazed man murdered four-year-old', court hears

Two words and you  whiffed on both of them, Bambi-ignorance!

Medical Evidence

That was neither.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18638 on: August 16, 2019, 09:05:25 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18639 on: August 16, 2019, 09:11:03 PM »

If Bambi had his way and Trump his and Kid and Ward theirs, Pasteur would have sold his vaccines to the highest bidder and the world would still largely be suffering from Polio.

Sign outside Cook County Hospital in Illinois

Nah, bambu-ilk are social-Conservatives.

Of course, I confused Pasteur with Salk - Pasteur developed a bunch of vaccines and paved the way for Salk's polio vaccine.

But what you fail to understand, "bambi-ick" is that those two men did what needed doing for the sake of others.

If you were right that nobody will look out for you but you, then those guys would have gotten very, very rich while the world continues to be very, very sick.

But you are wrong.

They looked out  for you and me, and I acknowledge that. It would be good if you could figure it out, too.

But speaking of not holding my breath...

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18640 on: August 16, 2019, 09:13:46 PM »

funny stuff

I agree with the guy who just tweeted

"Rep Tlaib obviously hates Israel more then she loves her grandmother"

Nu? What else would you say?

Bigot.
Josh.
Democracy is not a suicide pact.
Have you had a look at U.S. exclusion law lately?
Our statutes authorize barring the entry of aliens who are reasonably believed to be planning to violate our law; are likely to engage in activities that unlawfully oppose or seek the overthrow of our government; are members of a political or social group that endorses or espouses terrorist activity; and whose activities could have potentially serious adverse foreign policy consequences for the U.S.

Israel does, too.

Rashida Tlaib has extensive history of associating with Muslim Brotherhood-connected groups that promote terrorism and seek Israel’s annihilation. She has tweeted an endorsement of Omar Suleiman, a fundamentalist Texas-based imam who promotes the universal imposition of sharia law and has written glowingly of Palestinian intifadas – terrorist campaigns against Israel (“God willing on this blessed night as the 3rd Intifada begins, the beginning of the end of Zionism is here. May Allah help us overcome this monster, protect the innocent of the world, and accept the murdered as martyrs”).

Israel is the freest country in its part of the world. Its ethnic Arabic citizens have more liberty and due process than they could hope to enjoy in sharia societies. It has its own alliance of leftists and Islamists that engages in robust dissent against the incumbent government. Its assurance of free expression guarantees that no argument Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib could make would be kept from Israelis and Palestinians who care to hear it.

Yet Israel was willing to let an avowed foe of its existence conditional entrance to visit an ailing relative.

She declined because she is an anti-Semite and bigot and did not get the platform she desired to spew her hatred of Jews.

As someone like you who rails against bigotry, constantly, please get your facts straight.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18642 on: August 16, 2019, 09:18:02 PM »

and pawns usually get sacrificed.

uh..............what?
I think chess analogies are beyond him, banks. Try checkers. Or really maybe tic tac toe.

Talking about a man being sacrificed seems odd, sorry.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18643 on: August 16, 2019, 09:23:36 PM »

Bambu seems to have confused racism with Marijuana. It must be a side effect of his kicked in the head radio host.

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.”

Harry Anslinger, Director of the Federal Narcotics Bureau.

Appointed by Herbert Hoover in 1930 and served for about 30 years...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18644 on: August 16, 2019, 09:26:28 PM »

funny stuff

I agree with the guy who just tweeted

"Rep Tlaib obviously hates Israel more then she loves her grandmother"

Nu? What else would you say?

Bigot.
Josh.
Democracy is not a suicide pact.
Have you had a look at U.S. exclusion law lately?
Our statutes authorize barring the entry of aliens who are reasonably believed to be planning to violate our law; are likely to engage in activities that unlawfully oppose or seek the overthrow of our government; are members of a political or social group that endorses or espouses terrorist activity; and whose activities could have potentially serious adverse foreign policy consequences for the U.S.

Israel does, too.

Rashida Tlaib has extensive history of associating with Muslim Brotherhood-connected groups that promote terrorism and seek Israel’s annihilation. She has tweeted an endorsement of Omar Suleiman, a fundamentalist Texas-based imam who promotes the universal imposition of sharia law and has written glowingly of Palestinian intifadas – terrorist campaigns against Israel (“God willing on this blessed night as the 3rd Intifada begins, the beginning of the end of Zionism is here. May Allah help us overcome this monster, protect the innocent of the world, and accept the murdered as martyrs”).

Israel is the freest country in its part of the world. Its ethnic Arabic citizens have more liberty and due process than they could hope to enjoy in sharia societies. It has its own alliance of leftists and Islamists that engages in robust dissent against the incumbent government. Its assurance of free expression guarantees that no argument Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib could make would be kept from Israelis and Palestinians who care to hear it.

Yet Israel was willing to let an avowed foe of its existence conditional entrance to visit an ailing relative.

She declined because she is an anti-Semite and bigot and did not get the platform she desired to spew her hatred of Jews.

As someone like you who rails against bigotry, constantly, please get your facts straight.

(a) Setting aside everything you wrote, for a moment, nothing you said has anything to do with what I said. Kid's a bigot. So are you. No news there.

(b) Given your persistent refusal to address your political parties ongoing racist activities, you are hardly in a position to challenge my performance or lack thereof. Or are you willing to grant that President Trump is a racist, now? Or that the GOP thrives on racist dogma and presentation?

(c) The challenge was made to Kid and I now extend it to you.

Show me where this so-called "avowed foe of its existence" has ever called for Israel's destruction. I can show you where she said some anti-semitic stuff. I can also show where she apologized for it, and not with a mealy-mouthed "oh, we just called them wetbacks where I grew up, I meant nothing by it" fake apology as we hear repeatedly from GOP officials caught in their bigotry and prejudice.

The US screwed up, in the form of Trump's twitting. Netanyahu screwed up, as well, in backing up Trump's wishes, initially. He should have told his underlings to just let her come and he did not.

He did neither himself nor Israel any favors, though I am pretty sure that on the scale of extreme glitches, that one is pretty small for him!

Let me know when you find your evidence that she has indicated she wants Israel to disappear. I suggest you not ask Bambi for help. And I suggest you not hold your breath, either!
Pages: 1 ... 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 ... 4288