Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602745 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18930 on: August 20, 2019, 09:54:22 AM »

Zero hyperbole from me.  The US destabilized the ME by invading Iraq, and overthrowing the Saddam/Baathist regime.  The war and aftermath/mess in Afghanistan similarly destabilized Central Asia.

Thanks Bo-Its helpful to understand your agenda when you place Ground Zero of Middle-East instability at 1991. That provides me another prism to understand your POV.

Zero hypocrisy.  No idea even what you might be referring to.  Make arguments not assertions.

I was mocking Boz, and his intentional and inaccurate hyperbole, and his almost immediate 180 spin from an earlier post regarding shared responsibilities. I could care less if you do not understand a conversation I'm having with another poster.

As to "Adolph" that was an intended TIC reference meant in part to trigger clueless humorless moron(s) who would make far more of it than was intended.

And Mohammed thank you for proving my thesis.

We are in agreement though, I generally do not post in this forum, as I find meaningful discussions among posters with differing POV close to impossible to hold, as most folks are entirely dug-in.   

« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 09:56:07 AM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18931 on: August 20, 2019, 09:57:31 AM »

BTW, Josh. What a dumbass poll that is at the top!

If that's your template, why not ask:
"How often do you beat your wife?
A) Once a week
B) At least twice a week
C) When she needs it
D) She left, but when I catch her, I'll make OJ look like Mother Teresa
E) This one of the last one?

It had a narrower purpose, in addition to the broader one that NA mentioned and it served that purpose ideally, Ham.

And... semantically, the gap between mine and your proposed poll is astronomical. Yours has no answer that is not damning. Conversely, we have at least one member here who is convinced that women are waiting around every corner for the chance to falsely accuse men of sexually assaulting them.

Because this polling system is for most purposes anonymous, it served its purposes just fine, even if it doesn' meet your standards.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18932 on: August 20, 2019, 09:58:28 AM »

Dang.  bankshot1 deleted the line about how there are few open minds here. 

Guess he understood what that statement opened him up to before I could point it out to him!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18933 on: August 20, 2019, 10:03:12 AM »

Dang.  bankshot1 deleted the line about how there are few open minds here. 

Guess he understood what that statement opened him up to before I could point it out to him!

I also deleted a line about being guilty of the sins I mentoned.

As I'm aware of the sin, and when I sin. as I do have a conscience and a fairly open mind.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18934 on: August 20, 2019, 10:04:13 AM »

Zero hyperbole from me.  The US destabilized the ME by invading Iraq, and overthrowing the Saddam/Baathist regime.  The war and aftermath/mess in Afghanistan similarly destabilized Central Asia.

Thanks Bo-Its helpful to understand your agenda when you place Ground Zero of Middle-East instability at 1991. That provides me another prism to understand your POV.

I am pretty confident in asserting that he did not say (or mean) that 1991 was Ground Zero.

It can have plenty of issues and yet be further destabilized in 1991. I'd also note that he didn't mean the first invasion of Iraq, but the second, so far more recent! 2003, if I recall correctly.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18935 on: August 20, 2019, 10:08:55 AM »

I am pretty confident in asserting that he did not say (or mean) that 1991 was Ground Zero.

It can have plenty of issues and yet be further destabilized in 1991. I'd also note that he didn't mean the first invasion of Iraq, but the second, so far more recent! 2003, if I recall correctly.

Thanks for the clarification, Josh, its good to know that we have now pin-pointed Middle-East instability as having originated in 2003.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18936 on: August 20, 2019, 10:30:06 AM »

Thanks for the clarification, Josh, its good to know that we have now pin-pointed Middle-East instability as having originated in 2003.

bankshot1's open mind (and reading ability) is unmatched on this forum!

But maybe not in a good way.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18937 on: August 20, 2019, 10:42:20 AM »

Good try, but no. Increased instability, yes.

Indeed, the person who most overtly predicted that there would be increased instability was Dick Cheney. He was against deposing Saddam before he was in favor of it.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18938 on: August 20, 2019, 10:42:51 AM »

Its reassuring to know my point which should have been obvious to grasp, (1991 or 2003 as the pont for ME instability-Really???) completing escapes the clueless NA.

Instead he ineffectuallty deflects.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18939 on: August 20, 2019, 10:44:41 AM »

Iran is the threat to stabilization in the region, and in Central Asia. Wake the fuck up.

Your post is Orwellian.
The US attacked and waged war on Afghanistan and Iraq, the neighbors on either side of Iran.  Destroying their gov'ts, killing and displacing large chunks of their population, unleashing sectarian violence, while unable to secure any kind of stable gov't in the war's aftermath.  Indeed fighting and insurgency have been their post-war fates for the past decade and a half.  Yet you claim it's Iran that is the threat to regional stabilization.  Unbelievable.

You think Israel is destabilizing?  You're lost on this issue, child.

Totally fucking lost.
Sorry but under the banks.rule if you criticize one side you must.also criticize the other or you are an anti-Palestinian bigot.

poor boz employs a little hyperbole when his hypocrisy was exposed.

Goodnight Adolph

heh
The hypocrisy is yours. You react this way to every criticism of Israel.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Shalom
« Reply #18940 on: August 20, 2019, 10:44:49 AM »

Iran is the threat to stabilization in the region, and in Central Asia. Wake the fuck up.

Your post is Orwellian.
The US attacked and waged war on Afghanistan and Iraq, the neighbors on either side of Iran.  Destroying their gov'ts, killing and displacing large chunks of their population, unleashing sectarian violence, while unable to secure any kind of stable gov't in the war's aftermath.  Indeed fighting and insurgency have been their post-war fates for the past decade and a half.  Yet you claim it's Iran that is the threat to regional stabilization.  Unbelievable.

Totally fucking lost.

Is there one mention of, or reference to, Israel in my post above that you quoted?  I suppose you could find the letters that make up the country's name and construct the word Israel a la ransom-notes.

Goodnight Adolph

Zero hypocrisy.  No idea even what you might be referring to.  Make arguments not assertions.

Adolph?
Jeez, you're an internet blowhard and representative of why I usually don't discuss politics here or on the internet in general.

Also, all the insults and harshness here is pretty unappealing.
This is an unusual forum.

Further, I read everything the same way NeedsA did, which seemed really the only way to interpret the insinuations and such, especially given their context.  Most of his posts the last few days I could have written myself.

Lastly, I'd encourage folks to go to Israel and to visit the West Bank.  See the land at issue, meet the people involved, get a deeper understanding of what is going on and where things stand.

Quite.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18941 on: August 20, 2019, 10:45:45 AM »

Indeed, the person who most overtly predicted that there would be increased instability was Dick Cheney. He was against deposing Saddam before he was in favor of it.

Not my try, I did not pin point 1991 or 2003 as the inflection point from which we should measure ME instability. I found it a fascinating choice.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18942 on: August 20, 2019, 10:46:35 AM »

Its reassuring to know my point which should have been obvious to grasp, (1991 or 2003 as the pont for ME instability-Really???) completing escapes the clueless NA.

Instead he ineffectuallty deflects.

But you keep saying "the point" when that wasn't the point - it was "a point" that was his point.

Glad to point that out.

Cue Nilsson!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18943 on: August 20, 2019, 10:47:37 AM »

Not my try, I did not pin point 1991 or 2003 as the inflection point from which we should measure ME instability.

And neither did he.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18944 on: August 20, 2019, 10:48:50 AM »

Your post is Orwellian.

Totally fucking lost.
Sorry but under the banks.rule if you criticize one side you must.also criticize the other or you are an anti-Palestinian bigot.

Goodnight Adolph

heh
The hypocrisy is yours. You react this way to every criticism of Israel.

Boz You're wrong, I post very little about Israel here, as there is generally no point.

But as to your mistaken post, I started this recent thread a few days ago with a highly critical post about Israel.

Sorry to burst your bubble with the truth.
Pages: 1 ... 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 ... 4288