Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1607158 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18945 on: August 20, 2019, 10:49:08 AM »

Zero hyperbole from me.  The US destabilized the ME by invading Iraq, and overthrowing the Saddam/Baathist regime.  The war and aftermath/mess in Afghanistan similarly destabilized Central Asia.

Thanks Bo-Its helpful to understand your agenda when you place Ground Zero of Middle-East instability at 1991. That provides me another prism to understand your POV.

Zero hypocrisy.  No idea even what you might be referring to.  Make arguments not assertions.

I was mocking Boz, and his intentional and inaccurate hyperbole, and his almost immediate 180 spin from an earlier post regarding shared responsibilities.
I eagerly await your next post about shared responsibilities for the situation in Israel. It will be your first.
I could care less if you do not understand a conversation I'm having with another poster.

As to "Adolph" that was an intended TIC reference meant in part to trigger clueless humorless moron(s) who would make far more of it than was intended.
You were trolling yourself? I thought you were just being an asshole.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18946 on: August 20, 2019, 10:50:03 AM »

Takeaway here is that bankshot1 is definitely someone who readily admits when he is wrong.

Which is fine, thats his right, but it remains a prism from which I will view his posts (including those from last night) on the subject.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18947 on: August 20, 2019, 10:54:01 AM »

Takeaway here is that bankshot1 is definitely someone who readily admits when he is wrong.

Which is fine, thats his right, but it remains a prism from which I will view his posts (including those from last night) on the subject.
He also never, ever, lets.an argument go. Ever.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18948 on: August 20, 2019, 10:54:29 AM »

Zero hyperbole from me.  The US destabilized the ME by invading Iraq, and overthrowing the Saddam/Baathist regime.  The war and aftermath/mess in Afghanistan similarly destabilized Central Asia.

Thanks Bo-Its helpful to understand your agenda when you place Ground Zero of Middle-East instability at 1991. That provides me another prism to understand your POV.

Zero hypocrisy.  No idea even what you might be referring to.  Make arguments not assertions.

I was mocking Boz, and his intentional and inaccurate hyperbole, and his almost immediate 180 spin from an earlier post regarding shared responsibilities.
I eagerly await your next post about shared responsibilities for the situation in Israel. It will be your first.
I could care less if you do not understand a conversation I'm having with another poster.

As to "Adolph" that was an intended TIC reference meant in part to trigger clueless humorless moron(s) who would make far more of it than was intended.
You were trolling yourself? I thought you were just being an asshole.

You didn't originally agree with my post about the shared failure, regarding your post which assigned fault as "Israel failure"?

Sorry I hurt your feeling Eva

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18949 on: August 20, 2019, 10:57:04 AM »

I didn't realize you were still so butt hurt all these years.

I thought we had made decent progress, my bad.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18950 on: August 20, 2019, 11:00:08 AM »

I never claim infallabilty or perfect knowledge, but i do try to be honest and above board.

As I understand you're a clueless dumb fuck, you might try the honesty approach.

So view me however you and the strawmen feel most comfortable.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18951 on: August 20, 2019, 11:00:51 AM »

I do not know what you are referring to. But I offer the entire American League forum as evidence of my point.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18952 on: August 20, 2019, 11:05:13 AM »

Four sides do a prism make.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18953 on: August 20, 2019, 11:08:39 AM »

The coverage and slant of news in the US greatly favors Israel.
I don't this is self-evident and not debatable.  All the terms and presentation favor a pro-Israel view of the situation.  I can pick examples out of almost any general news article if you want.

Israel and the US mount fierce diplomatic campaigns and apply pressure to prevent countries and the UN from recognizing Palestine as a state.  Isn't this well-known?  They especially don't want the Palestinians having access to international criminal courts, who would likely rule against Israeli violations of international law.

The Palestinians are allowed a very limited gov't, overseen and restricted by Israel.

Gaza.  Israel maintains an air-sea-land blockade.
Only allowing enough basic supplies in to keep mass starvation at bay.
IL also shoots people on their own territory who approach a fenced border.

Israel has divided the West Bank into three sectors, the majority of which is controlled and policed by Israeli soldiers.  IL controls movement and construction throughout the WB.  Israel collect taxes and decides how and when to pass that on to the Palestinians.

Iran is the enemy of the USA, not Israel. Wake up.
So is Russia, if we are being non-sequitorious. Just because Israel is an ally shouldn't mean we do not.raise.issues when their actions are wrong, or are harmful to our long term self interest.

Haven't heard those two Congress women say anything about Iran. Don't be distracted by Israel. Iran is the threat to stabilization in the region, and in Central Asia. Wake the fuck up.
Israel's failure to deal effectively, justly and humanely with the Palestinian issue is a  long term threat to stability in the region and our national interests and would be so regardless of Iran's international ambitions. Wake the fuck up.

I would suggest that there is a fair degree of shared responsibility as to the failure to find a realistic solution. In the interim I'll wait until Israel returns ALL  land gained in wars, and yields to all Palestinian demands, and acts justly and humanely enough to satiate their most rabid critics.

The above posts addreses your laying blame as "Israel's failure" and I responded there was a fair degeree of shared responsibility as to the failure to find a realistic solution.

In a later post you agreed with the first part of my post but diasgreed with the second.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18954 on: August 20, 2019, 11:10:27 AM »

Iran is the threat to stabilization in the region, and in Central Asia. Wake the fuck up.

This is what I was responding to, by pointing out that the USofA has done a huge amount of destabilizing the ME in the past two decades.  You could also add in Libya, though I was in favor of removing Qaddafi when possible, as he was responsible for destabilizing a half dozen African countries.  But their should have been a post-Qaddafi plan.  If you want to delve into history, we can talk about the time the CIA led a coup and helped assassinate the democratically elected leader of Iran.

Interestingly, Iran has increasingly become a status quo power in the ME and Central Asia.  Iran supports and partially controls the democratically elected gov't in Iraq.  Iran supports the recognized gov't of Syria, and is actually legally involved in the civil war there, as they were invited in by the Syrian Gov't.  Iran was important in rolling back ISIS and removing it from Iraq & Syria.  Iran has taken in a fair amount of Afghan refugees, mainly Shiites under attack from the Taliban. 

Now you might not like their allies and the status quo they support.  But they have become a stakeholder intent on bolstering and stabilizing the gov't of Iraq and Syria.  Iranian interests and presence in these countries permits certain deals and accommodations to be reached.  Though the US currently has no interest in doing so.

I'd also add that Saudi Arabia has been hugely disruptive in the ME.  With its horrendous war on poverty-stricken Yemen.  Kidnapping and forcing the PM of Lebanon to resign.  Putting the now recently ex-dictator of Sudan and the head of Lebanon and likely other leaders on their payroll.  Killing and dismembering a regime critic in Turkey.  Bullying and embargoing Qatar.  And that's just the last few years.  Not even going back to financing and spreading fundamentalist Islam (Wahhabism) throughout Central Asia and other places.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18955 on: August 20, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »

I do not know what you are referring to. But I offer the entire American League forum as evidence of my point.

i have no idea what you are referencing, but I'll call your AL forum, with the College football forum and raise with the TV, Gardening and Fitness and Nutrition forum.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18956 on: August 20, 2019, 11:19:04 AM »

BTW, Josh. What a dumbass poll that is at the top!

If that's your template, why not ask:
"How often do you beat your wife?
A) Once a week
B) At least twice a week
C) When she needs it
D) She left, but when I catch her, I'll make OJ look like Mother Teresa
E) This one of the last one?

It must be said HamiltonIII, in reading your posts here I haven't thought particularly highly of your intelligence level, but if you truly don't understand the connection of the poll at the top of this page to current politics and certain current political leaders then you are a dumbass!  (how is that for command of the language!)

The question is stupid, and it isn't a poll at all. Anyone who answered it was equally stupid.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18957 on: August 20, 2019, 11:20:16 AM »

Those would be the Palestinians Iran supplies with weapons and other means of support. Shut the fuck up.

Glad to see you supporting free speech.

Oh, you're free to keep showing your ignorance. You don't have to take such good advice.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18958 on: August 20, 2019, 11:23:31 AM »

Its reassuring to know my point which should have been obvious to grasp, (1991 or 2003 as the pont for ME instability-Really???) completing escapes the clueless NA.

Instead he ineffectuallty deflects.

Its his only skill.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18959 on: August 20, 2019, 11:25:30 AM »

True. But his default setting, unlike yours, isn't to label anyone who disagrees with him as a racist.

You hypocritical mass of self-righteous idiocy.
Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 ... 4288