Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1597167 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19050 on: August 20, 2019, 10:41:20 PM »

At the risk of having this get lost in the Middle East...

The National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine have produced a Consensus report on how to substantially reduce child poverty in the United States.

They actually offer two different paths to get it done.

While one can buy the book for $70, it is available online at no cost:
https://www.nap.edu/catalog/25246/a-roadmap-to-reducing-child-poverty?fbclid=IwAR13v113ovyOddMpzgYBQbJnELK8J_1qc8JAcfVCBYgi7ldc3ME_vn7DkDw

I am not even close to done with it, as it only arrived on my screen this morning and the thing's 600 pages, but I am finding it to be compelling (if not exactly pleasurable) reading.

Shared for your consideration.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19051 on: August 20, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »

“I think the word ‘recession’ is a word that's inappropriate because it's just a word that the — certain people; I'm going to be kind — certain people and the media, are trying to build up because they'd love to see a recession. We're very far from a recession,” the president said.

And he is considering a payroll tax cut for shits and giggles.

Deficit spending currently at a higher stimulus level than it was in 2008, and that was when unemployment was at over 10%.  Trump's enablers in Congress gave him all the toys he wanted, and he still couldn't help but fuck it up.

It's not fucked up.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19052 on: August 20, 2019, 10:44:28 PM »

“I think the word ‘recession’ is a word that's inappropriate because it's just a word that the — certain people; I'm going to be kind — certain people and the media, are trying to build up because they'd love to see a recession. We're very far from a recession,” the president said.

Deficit spending currently at a higher stimulus level than it was in 2008, and that was when unemployment was at over 10%.  Trump's enablers in Congress gave him all the toys he wanted, and he still couldn't help but fuck it up.

It's not fucked up.

Just keep up with that denial.

"Kid says 'no recession!'"

"Bambi says 'no climate change, it's a hoax.'"

"Bambi admits climate change, but insists, 'it's natural, not man made.'"

"Ward says he is 'never wrong.'"

Yeah, Kid. Good company you keep there.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19053 on: August 20, 2019, 10:44:52 PM »

Why? He's just a different kind of ex-President.

Nah

Not yet anyway

Has to talk his wife into running if they want their legacy to be grand

Stay tuned.
Had he championed a tax cut and Joe Biden as his successor Obama would be eligible for elevation to Reagan status.
Oops.

He cared more about what was good for the country than some bogus legacy.

I know you don't get it.

And Reagan status is not something he aspired or aspires to. Nor should he.
Time 2011.

The Role Model: What Obama Sees in Reagan
Barack Obama realized long ago that Ronald Reagan was a transformational President who reshaped the nation and its politics. Now Obama is fashioning his own presidency to follow the Gipper's playbook

Maybe you need to broaden your research skills.

Maybe you should learn to think about what you are saying.

Wanting to be a transformational president is not about a legacy like the Gipper's but about undoing what the Gipper did.

But believe what you want.
Thanks. I will.
Given the democrats running for President dissing Obama I’m guessing his “transformational presidency “ is is need of a heavy rewrite. (Psst.  don’t tell YankGuy.  It might send him over the edge)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19054 on: August 20, 2019, 10:47:32 PM »

It's not fucked up.

An over Trillion dollar annual deficit with the "president" talking about adding to it because that much stimulus wasn't enough to make up for a trade war he said would be easy but instead is threatening the world economy.

He is doing a bang-up job.  Literally!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19055 on: August 20, 2019, 10:57:02 PM »

Red's obsession and hatred of Obama, for reasons never quite explained, is truly remarkable when he has a current President, an inept fascist wannabe racist dictator who fouls everything he touches, and endangers us all with his know nothing bravado, yet Red never utters a word of reproach. Its as if Red is perfectly comfortable with a wannabe fascist racist dictator who fouls everything he touches, as opposed to a Black man who was very good at the job.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 11:00:02 PM by bankshot1 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19056 on: August 20, 2019, 11:00:03 PM »

Red's obsession and hatred of Obama, for reasons never quite explained, is truly remarkable when he has a current President, an inept fascist wannabe racist dictator who fouls everything he touches, and endangers us all with his know nothing bravado, yet Red never utters a word of reproach. its as if red is perfectly comfortable with a fascist racist dictator wannbe who fouls everything he touches, as opposed to a Black man who was very good at the job.

I think REDSTATEWARD may have an unspoken agenda.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19057 on: August 20, 2019, 11:04:49 PM »

Red's obsession and hatred of Obama, for reasons never quite explained, is truly remarkable when he has a current President, an inept fascist wannabe racist dictator who fouls everything he touches, and endangers us all with his know nothing bravado, yet Red never utters a word of reproach. its as if red is perfectly comfortable with a fascist racist dictator wannbe who fouls everything he touches, as opposed to a Black man who was very good at the job.

He may, and as long as he keeps it unspoken, we can only speculate that he's a racist prick.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19058 on: August 20, 2019, 11:06:07 PM »

LOL !

No one did more for the GOP than Obama!

JoanKent

• View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #19059 on: August 20, 2019, 11:08:56 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19060 on: August 20, 2019, 11:11:51 PM »

heh

Fear of a Black Man rallied the marginalized uneducated scared white guys, like Red, to the GOP.

That phenomena may soon play itself out.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19061 on: August 20, 2019, 11:22:24 PM »

This captures Ward and Kid and Bambi perfectly. Luee needs his own.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19062 on: August 21, 2019, 12:35:18 AM »

It's not fucked up.

Just keep up with that denial.

"Kid says 'no recession!'"

"Bambi says 'no climate change, it's a hoax.'"

"Bambi admits climate change, but insists, 'it's natural, not man made.'"

"Ward says he is 'never wrong.'"

Yeah, Kid. Good company you keep there.

For a moderator you sure don't understand how these message boards work

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19063 on: August 21, 2019, 12:41:37 AM »

LOL !

We may well see evidence of such in the next 3 presidential elections

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19064 on: August 21, 2019, 12:58:49 AM »

LOL !

We may well see evidence of such in the next 3 presidential elections

It will be interesting to see what kind of parties emerge when the GOP folds its tent and declares bankruptcy in the next 3-5 year.

As you know more than anyone Kiid, being truly unpopular sucks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 ... 4288