Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1845610 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2010 on: September 06, 2018, 10:55:51 AM »

re the inside conspirator: can anyone vouch for Claus Von Stauffenberg?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: September 06, 2018, 10:58:14 AM »

Re:  "all these brave heroes"

One guy or gal.

Lets see em all get in line before feeling anything is different than the norm.

Reading is fundamental:

In the hours after the New York Times published the anonymous Op-Ed from "a senior official in the Trump administration" trashing the president ("I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration"), two senior administration officials reached out to Axios to say the author stole the words right out of their mouths.

"I find the reaction to the NYT op-ed fascinating — that people seem so shocked that there is a resistance from the inside," one senior official said. "A lot of us [were] wishing we’d been the writer, I suspect ... I hope he [Trump] knows — maybe he does? — that there are dozens and dozens of us."

An op-ed has been published by someone working for the President of the United States saying, amongs other things, that he is helplessly amoral and that those around him considered the appropriateness of the 25th Amendment early in his administration.

It is already completely obvious that we have departed far, far away from "the norm."
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 06, 2018, 10:59:56 AM »

Question for Kavanaugh tomorrow;

If a sitting president orders the illegal assassination of a head of state, what legal consequences should follow according to our constitution?

Depends.

Bartlett got through it.

They even got another Dem elected after him.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 06, 2018, 11:03:57 AM »

So apparently Kavanaugh was responsible for reopening and pursuing Vince Foster murder theories for an additional 3 years. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/why-was-kavanaugh-obsessed-with-vince-foster.html
A right-wing conspiracy which helped smear Hillary.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: September 06, 2018, 11:06:16 AM »

Question for Kavanaugh tomorrow;

If a sitting president orders the illegal assassination of a head of state, what legal consequences should follow according to our constitution?

Depends.

Bartlett got through it.

They even got another Dem elected after him.

You and Luee and your relying on fictional representations for your arguments.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #2015 on: September 06, 2018, 11:34:03 AM »

And have done so for at least a decade here.  BTW, did Kid just acquire another "i" in his moniker and re-register?

LOL Ivanka as the lodestar resistance writer.  I notice that "Crazytown" is catching on, as a meme:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/summers-over-and-things-are-back-to-bonkers-heres-the-view-from-crazytown-dc/2018/09/05/2e923902-b122-11e8-a20b-5f4f84429666_story.html?utm_term=.7a66d0c496f1

(amusing article - I laughed at the anti-gay chimney sweep singing his version of a Mary Poppins song....)

barton

« Reply #2016 on: September 06, 2018, 11:38:14 AM »

Not celebrating anything

Just saying we get our 4 years

Elections have consequences. Dont get mad - get better

Rude condescension noted.   Getting four years is not a right,  it's a privilege earned by doing your job and upholding the Constitution and rule of law.   That's why the Constitution was installed with a couple of eject buttons for cases where the potus neglects those duties.
While I think there's an argument to be made (hell it's a truism)  that the Democrats need to do a far better job come election time, justifying all sorts of actions by mere reference to election results is exactly what I laugh at when I use "SCOREBOARD!!!!".

Yes, I've been enjoying that.  I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying that we didn't need the 25th amendment because our electoral process was all we needed to handle incompetent presidenting.  His interlocutor pointed out the obvious:  how well does that work when it's early in the term? 

barton

« Reply #2017 on: September 06, 2018, 11:50:15 AM »

So apparently Kavanaugh was responsible for reopening and pursuing Vince Foster murder theories for an additional 3 years. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/why-was-kavanaugh-obsessed-with-vince-foster.html
A right-wing conspiracy which helped smear Hillary.

I will keep an open mind to the possibility that he came to regret this, and realized he was duped by right-wing wackos.  If he's around 50 now, he was quite young at that time.  I still think he's clearly a reject, clearly his impartiality is hampered by ideological hobby horses, and to paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen's famous reply to Dan Quayle, "you, sir, are no Anthony Kennedy!"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: September 06, 2018, 12:53:13 PM »

The nominee is now in print record shown to have routinely perjured himself under oath in front of the Senate throughout his career. That throws into question everything he is saying in this hearing and disqualifies him from serving as a judge.

This guy is the love child of Robert Bork and Harriet Meyers.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

SEC2

« Reply #2019 on: September 06, 2018, 01:35:32 PM »

FYVP:

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: September 06, 2018, 02:42:35 PM »

One guy or gal.

Reading is fundamental:

In the hours after the New York Times published the anonymous Op-Ed from "a senior official in the Trump administration" trashing the president ("I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration"), two senior administration officials reached out to Axios to say the author stole the words right out of their mouths.

"I find the reaction to the NYT op-ed fascinating — that people seem so shocked that there is a resistance from the inside," one senior official said. "A lot of us [were] wishing we’d been the writer, I suspect ... I hope he [Trump] knows — maybe he does? — that there are dozens and dozens of us."

An op-ed has been published by someone working for the President of the United States saying, amongs other things, that he is helplessly amoral and that those around him considered the appropriateness of the 25th Amendment early in his administration.

It is already completely obvious that we have departed far, far away from "the norm."

They are like assistant coaches that have trouble working under a strong-headed my way or the highway coach.

Yeah, its better when you arev included - when what you say is

a)  heard

and

b)  sometimes acted on

Some of these mokes feel useless, is all.  And they dislike the guy personally.  Doesnt mean the overall product is poor.

Let em all start resigning....... Trump will just find the best replacement he can.  Won't matter.

The notion that anything will be done by these malcontents to muck up the Presidency is just horse-hockey.

barton

« Reply #2021 on: September 06, 2018, 03:04:17 PM »

What's FYVP mean and what's with the sketch?   Is this relevant to this thread topic?

Follow Your Vice President?

Fresh Yellow Vine Pomegranates?

How about introducing yourself newbie?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2022 on: September 06, 2018, 03:42:40 PM »

One guy or gal.

Reading is fundamental:

They are like assistant coaches that have trouble working under a strong-headed my way or the highway coach.

Yeah, its better when you arev included - when what you say is

a)  heard

and

b)  sometimes acted on

Some of these mokes feel useless, is all.  And they dislike the guy personally.  Doesnt mean the overall product is poor.

Let em all start resigning....... Trump will just find the best replacement he can.  Won't matter.

The notion that anything will be done by these malcontents to muck up the Presidency is just horse-hockey.

kiid reminds me of the guy being marched into a cattle car at bayonet point who just figured out what the fuck is happening.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 06, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »

So.  Cory Booker’s “ Spartacus” moment turns out to be a lie.
The Emails he described as “Committee Confidential” were already approved for release.
His “defiant” stand in releasing them  complete with his “ heroic” vow to accept punishment was all a farce.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: September 06, 2018, 03:47:47 PM »

So.  Cory Booker’s “ Spartacus” moment turns out to be a lie.
The Emails he described as “Committee Confidential” were already approved for release.
His “defiant” stand in releasing them  complete with his “ heroic” vow to accept punishment was all a farce.

Well we all know how much you hate lies, red.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 4288