Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596974 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #20625 on: September 21, 2019, 09:06:38 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1175120259348459520

Ignorance and paid shills come in all colors, sizes, ages...

That you repeat such bullshit without critical commentary is just more of the same from you, Kid.

I like Candace.  Lets leave it at that.

You can leave it anywhere you want to, Kid, but it has no binding impact on you.

You like Candace because she echoes the bullshit that you cling to as part of your self-serving denial of your racist beliefs and those of your party.

The evidence that she is wrong is overwhelming to somebody who walks in without an opinion and even some who thought there was no racism, but not to you, because it is inconvenient.

Kind of like your insistence than the president has a good foreign policy program, for example.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20626 on: September 21, 2019, 09:59:38 PM »

A woman was whipped in Banda Aceh Indonesia on Friday over a public display of affection.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20627 on: September 21, 2019, 10:25:37 PM »

A woman was whipped in Banda Aceh Indonesia on Friday over a public display of affection.

It probably prevented her from trapping some innocent guy who she would have accused of sexually assaulting her.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20628 on: September 21, 2019, 10:34:05 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1175120259348459520

Ignorance and paid shills come in all colors, sizes, ages...

That you repeat such bullshit without critical commentary is just more of the same from you, Kid.

I like Candace.  Lets leave it at that.

You would.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20629 on: September 21, 2019, 10:36:20 PM »

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/woman-collapses-in-agony-as-shes-savagely-caned-for-having-sex-outside-marriage-in-front-of-crowd/news-story/f06daadb6a843cf5f1124ca8da475c60

After the backs of the six men and women had been flogged more than 20 times each, some collapsed, bleeding, crying with severe pain and had to be carried off stage.

The couples were punished in Banda Aceh for showing affection in public, and their whipping — using a rattan cane — came after they’d already been jailed for several months, according to Gulf News.

They were beaten by a masked officer for behaving “amorously”.
Merdeka reports the “Islamic sharia violators” were whipped at Bustanus Salatin Park “in the middle of the city”, near the town hall.

The publication said not many residents attended the punishment, but students from Malaysia, studying at the Ar-Raniry State Islamic University, witnessed the distressing beating.

Wincing with pain, some collapsed after the caning, while one man was so badly injured paramedics tried to stretcher him off the stage, but he refused, and was instead carried down by police.

The mayor of Banda Aceh, Animulla Usman, said the aim of flogging the couples in public was to “make them repent”.

#####

Headmaster belted me with cane when I was about 16 or 17, for looking at my watch at assembly. Assembly in the open on a hot and humid summer morning downunder.
Told me to hold out my hands, then he belted me on my thin fingers with a thick cane.
Big fat pig. Bloody hurt, the pain almost unbearable. Can't believe I was stoopid enough to let him do that to me.
Well I can, as I'd never been hit with a cane like that before.
Repent?
No.
Hate him with a passion forevermore?
Yes.
Work smarter?
Yes.
Always 'sick' when he was holding outdoor assemblies.
"bambu is not feeling well today".
Always had a note from mommy dearest...best he didn't tangle with her!
After leaving school made it my 'business' at every possible opportunity to lobby for caning to be banned in schools and the death penalty to be abolished.

These poor unfortunates in Indonesia are 'trapped'.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:40:52 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

barton

« Reply #20630 on: September 21, 2019, 10:36:56 PM »

Heh.  The broad "now" - as in "in these times."

BTW, hempcrete sounds great, and if your house catches on fire you won't mind nearly as much.

Hemp isn’t cannabis. No THC. Hempcrete also doesn’t catch fire.

I posted some Green zine article about it, a year or so back.  Forgive the bad joke. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20631 on: September 21, 2019, 10:51:25 PM »

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/indonesia-could-pass-ban-on-extramarital-sex-carrying-jail-time/news-story/fa84b02858bbb8c9dbfa86e3b7ae6e16

Indonesia looks set to soon pass amendments to its criminal code that would make extramarital sex and living together outside of marriage in the Southeast Asian country illegal.

Unmarried Australian tourists getting cosy between the sheets won’t be exempt either, exposing a swath of visitors to criminal charges including jail time.

The anticipated reforms also impact women’s rights, religious minorities and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

#####

And unmarried American tourists, even if couples.
Hotels in Lombok are already asking to see marriage certificates [incl from tourists]...reportedly.

After the second lot of Bali bombings in 2005 a man rang the no 1 morning radio host and said;  "Slow-learners are still going to Bali."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:58:02 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20632 on: September 21, 2019, 10:57:08 PM »

It probably prevented her from trapping some innocent guy who she would have accused of sexually assaulting her.

Sco-Mo and Jenny...and Donald and Melania...were holding hands at the State Dinner in Washington yesterday..."public displays of affection"...they'd be flogged in Indonesia.
No Sharia Law in the West!
Go woke, go broke.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20633 on: September 22, 2019, 12:13:00 AM »

So much vitriol, such a dire need to get at Trump - all the Ukraine stuff has done is kill the frontrunning Dem - and likely best chance to win the White House back

heh

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/20/entertainment/meghan-mccain-walks-off-the-view-trnd/index.html

One son killed Joe 4 years back.  Now the other.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20634 on: September 22, 2019, 02:51:55 AM »

Sco-Mo and Jenny...and Donald and Melania...were holding hands at the State Dinner in Washington yesterday..."public displays of affection"...they'd be flogged in Indonesia.
No Sharia Law in the West!

They are very bad people. They should be flogged wherever they are.

So what kind of rapist is Candace? I know she is a rapist because that what it takes to get kid to like someone.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20635 on: September 22, 2019, 08:20:30 AM »

Heh.  The broad "now" - as in "in these times."

BTW, hempcrete sounds great, and if your house catches on fire you won't mind nearly as much.

Hemp isn’t cannabis. No THC. Hempcrete also doesn’t catch fire.

I posted some Green zine article about it, a year or so back.  Forgive the bad joke.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20636 on: September 22, 2019, 08:26:08 AM »

So much vitriol, such a dire need to get at Trump - all the Ukraine stuff has done is kill the frontrunning Dem - and likely best chance to win the White House back

heh

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/20/entertainment/meghan-mccain-walks-off-the-view-trnd/index.html

You make about as much sense a a guy sniffing glue...

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20637 on: September 22, 2019, 09:16:04 AM »

Biden:  There's nothing (no there) there."

- when asked if he ever spoke to Hunter about his overseas business dealings.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20638 on: September 22, 2019, 09:29:14 AM »

heh

You know, when Trump talked about people like you still supporting him if he shot someone on 5th Avenue he was not paying you a compliment.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20639 on: September 22, 2019, 10:30:48 AM »

So Trump gets the Russians to cyber-invade the US to help him get elected in '16

Now he wants the Ukranians to interfere and tamper with the '20 election to get him re-elected.

That's really troublesome, or should be to most normal Americans, as it seems there's nothing the traitor in the WH, won't do to promote his own self-interest.

Protect and defend the constitution seemed to have gotten lost in the Trump game of 3-card Donnie

but what I'm wondering now is what foregin power Trump is lining up to support his efforts in  '24.
Pages: 1 ... 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 ... 4288