Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1403 1404 [1405] 1406 1407 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585042 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #21060 on: October 01, 2019, 02:01:31 AM »

In House news...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/chris-collins-guilty-plea/index.html

The first sitting Congressmen to endorse Trump for 2016 is resigning and pleading guilty to insider trading.

No wonder Collins approved of Trump - peas in a pod.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/09/30/rep-mac-thornberry-becomes-6th-texas-republican-in-house-to-announce-retirement-ahead-of-2020-election/

6th Texan House member announces he will not be up for relection. They are dropping like flies.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21061 on: October 01, 2019, 02:03:05 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/cnn-poll-impeachment-ukraine/index.html

The number of GOP and Independent voters supporting impeachment is rising. That's primarily the under 35s.

Not good news for the president.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #21063 on: October 01, 2019, 10:25:29 AM »

---Nancy Pelosi <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Sep 30 at 1:55 PM

I’m about to throw in the towel.

Luee, are you really that naive?

You randomly post snippets of Nancy's seemingly desperate fundraising emails as if they are something peculiar.

I get a dozen of that type of letter on a daily basis and more as the FEC quarters draw to a close.

"Will we meet our deadline?"
"We're falling short!"
"I wouldn't ask if it weren't urgent!"
"We're falling behind!"
"The (GOP/Democrats) have just reported a huge fundraising month!"

It doesn't matter what party or candidate.

It is an improvement, at least she did not mention liberal elitist agendas such as open borders and cold war hate for the Russians. Still scary for me; if you support her does this mean you want cheap labor from the south to compete with American labor, overburden educational and social programs, and more homelessness?

I would be interested in seeing GOP fund raising e-mails.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21065 on: October 01, 2019, 10:57:17 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/opinion/whistleblower-election.html

We have Kristol.  We have Scarborough today on MS (toting Mitt, touting Rubio).  It will continue.  The other side HOPING Trump is replaced on the ticket for the 2020 election

Wonder why.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #21066 on: October 01, 2019, 10:58:46 AM »

Because he's a crook?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21067 on: October 01, 2019, 11:59:22 AM »

We have Kristol.  We have Scarborough today on MS (toting Mitt, touting Rubio).  It will continue.  The other side HOPING Trump is replaced on the ticket for the 2020 election

Wonder why.

If you haven't managed to suss that out, then it won't change things if we tell you again.

Fool.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21068 on: October 01, 2019, 12:00:39 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/456629171603840/

Hillary Clinton on the impeachment hearings and on President Trump.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21069 on: October 01, 2019, 12:26:13 PM »

then it won't change things if we tell you again....

No, Mr Mod - I know why.  Its obvious another Trump election is feared by Democrats

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21070 on: October 01, 2019, 12:35:22 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21071 on: October 01, 2019, 01:17:35 PM »

then it won't change things if we tell you again....

No, Mr Mod - I know why.  Its obvious another Trump election is feared by Democrats

And should be feared by all Americans.

The man has no respect for the law or the Constitution.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21072 on: October 01, 2019, 01:37:08 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-impeachment-inquiry-10-01-2019/index.html

Grassley contradicted the president and says the whistleblower appears to have followed the law. He also said the person should be protected.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21073 on: October 01, 2019, 01:42:52 PM »

Wonder why.
Kristol and Scarborough are not Democrats.

For my part, Trump is a cancer on our political system that needs to be removed. I want him off the ballot not because I think he will beat the Dems but because of the effect on the country if he does.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21074 on: October 01, 2019, 01:48:25 PM »

Trump tweeted this out this morning. He is oh so presidential. (Good think he didn't wear a tan suit!)

Pages: 1 ... 1403 1404 [1405] 1406 1407 ... 4288