Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1609085 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #21360 on: October 07, 2019, 02:37:17 PM »

I would settle for the same level of financial disclosure and divestment that every other President in our history has undergone to hold that position. 

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/financial-disclosures

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21361 on: October 07, 2019, 02:39:37 PM »

I would settle for the same level of financial disclosure and divestment that every other President in our history has undergone to hold that position. 

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/financial-disclosures

Same level, nitwit.  That means tax returns.  To start with.

And the lack of divestment in this case obviously the more concerning issue.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21362 on: October 07, 2019, 02:55:41 PM »

America sucks when it comes to upward mobility, when it comes to enabling folks to move up in economic/social class. We are among the worst of the so-called developed nations at this.
That  comment is absurd.
No matter how you measure wealth the US has 41% of the world’ s millionaires,  no other country has more 8 per cent. Our poverty rate shrank by 20 per cent in the last three years while our number of millionaires grew by 6 per cent. If the middle class is shrinking it because people are moving UP.  No matter what per centile of income you look at its people are richer than their parents

Unmitigated bullshit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21363 on: October 07, 2019, 03:18:08 PM »

Haley says Trump is leaving our allies in Syria to die:

Of course there will be deaths

Its a shame we cant lobby to see the transcripts of the call with Erdogan - then maybe we'd know more of what was discussed

C'mon, Dems - get on it.  Everything should be public.  Best (and safest) way to run a nation, eh?

Pay site

But here’s the gist:

“I urge the President to exercise American leadership to keep together our multinational coalition to defeat ISIS and prevent significant conflict between our NATO ally Turkey and our local Syrian counterterrorism partners,” McConnell said Monday in a statement. “Major new conflict between Turkey and our partners in Syria would seriously risk damaging Turkey’s ties to the United States and causing greater isolation for Turkey on the world stage.”

Senate Majority Leader Moscow Mitch McConnell

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mcconnell-joins-other-republicans-in-rebuking-trumps-syria-withdrawal/2019/10/07/aef0d11e-e914-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html?wpisrc=al_news__alert-politics--alert-national&wpmk=1

You don’t see what’s up?

You’re no patriot.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21364 on: October 07, 2019, 03:28:43 PM »

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

There used to be a time when we had to pay money to hear a comedian's monologue.

I just stared at the tweet when I saw it.

I don't think Trump understands that when most of us use the expression "in my unmatched wisdom," it is used facetiously.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21365 on: October 07, 2019, 03:33:03 PM »

We will bookmark this.  As new revelations come out re: trump's lawlessness, Mitch McConnell was aware of them all.  got it.

Impeach now - find stuff later

Just what the founders had it mind

heh

Holding hearings now, based on the stuff already seen.

I know, you hate the truth - Trump committed crimes, including publicly.

Trump admitted to committing crimes. He just denies that those are crimes.

I am sure you objected just as strenuously to how all the Clinton hearings were executed - Bill's and Hill's.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21366 on: October 07, 2019, 03:34:22 PM »

America sucks when it comes to upward mobility, when it comes to enabling folks to move up in economic/social class. We are among the worst of the so-called developed nations at this.
That  comment is absurd.
No matter how you measure wealth the US has 41% of the world’ s millionaires,  no other country has more 8 per cent. Our poverty rate shrank by 20 per cent in the last three years while our number of millionaires grew by 6 per cent. If the middle class is shrinking it because people are moving UP.  No matter what per centile of income you look at its people are richer than their parents

Facts really bother you, don't they?

"No matter what per centile of income you look at its people are richer than their parents"

No.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21367 on: October 07, 2019, 03:38:49 PM »

Why do you care how much Trump paid in taxes?  I am sure he was watched closely.

Like Amazon - taking advantage of tax law shouldn't be a negative stain

I like our President to be financially wise.  Good for the game.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21368 on: October 07, 2019, 03:39:37 PM »

That  comment is absurd.

Facts really bother you, don't they?

"No matter what per centile of income you look at its people are richer than their parents"

No.
Yes.  By a lot.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21369 on: October 07, 2019, 03:41:19 PM »

We will bookmark this.  As new revelations come out re: trump's lawlessness, Mitch McConnell was aware of them all.  got it.

heh

I am sure you objected just as strenuously to how all the Clinton hearings were executed - Bill's and Hill's.

I have never commented negatively on the fact there may be hearings.  Is what it is - and won't affect how Trump does his job.

Though after all the other hearings your Dem starlings did shine in - you may want LESS air time for them.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21370 on: October 07, 2019, 03:43:51 PM »

That  comment is absurd.

LOL.  Upward mobility sucks in the US because so many people are becoming millionaires....

wait...

And fact check, poverty rate dropped 20% over the last five years and dropped at its fastest rate between 2014 and 2015.  But this was not the result of a long-term income equating trend, but of the country climbing out of recession.
Thanks for confirming.
The poverty rate continues to drop.  Wages are up. Unemployment at record lows for all demographics, millionaires are growing. But the USA lacks mobility? ROFL!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21371 on: October 07, 2019, 03:52:13 PM »

Speaking of mobility. 

Democratic donors on Wall Street and in big business are preparing to sit out the presidential campaign fundraising cycle — or even back President Donald Trump — if Sen. Elizabeth Warren wins the party's nomination.
-CNBC

Those dems understand a basic economic truism. Mobility is harmed when the government decides how to redistributes money.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21372 on: October 07, 2019, 04:08:25 PM »

Why do you care how much Trump paid in taxes?  I am sure he was watched closely.
I like our President to be financially wise.  Good for the game.

We care about it because again he has already shown he has broken tax laws, Kid.

See also: New York City real estate and also federal and state non-profit tax law.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21373 on: October 07, 2019, 04:09:09 PM »

heh

I have never commented negatively on the fact there may be hearings.  Is what it is - and won't affect how Trump does his job.

Though after all the other hearings your Dem starlings did shine in - you may want LESS air time for them.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #21374 on: October 07, 2019, 04:59:13 PM »

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 4288