Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1994693 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2175 on: September 09, 2018, 03:08:35 PM »

You also need a conflicted FBI director to sand-bag the opposition candidate a week before the election, .....

If Hillary only had some red-hats...

You really think this is why she lost?

Come on, man.

You're struggling a lot with that piece of history, Kiid.

a) There were many factors in her loss. Reverse any one of them and you get a different story.

b) One of those factors was the Comey letter. You seriously think that impacted under 1% of the voters - to have that letter come out so soon before the election and then have the media dedicate its coverage to that issue for the remainder of the campaign?

77,000 votes in 3 states.

If so, you are more deluded than ever we might have thought.

c) But the sexism issue remains an even stronger factor in her loss. The GOP is worse in that regard than the independents or the Dems, but it is not as if that is not a factor for them, as well.

You simply ignore that Trump flipped 6 states from the Obama column; Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Iowa to win 30 in total and 57% of the electoral votes.
MInorities did not turn out for Hillary like they did Obama, and Hillary’s strategy was to belittle the Trump campaign, and demonize his followers.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: September 09, 2018, 03:40:20 PM »

You also need a conflicted FBI director to sand-bag the opposition candidate a week before the election, .....

Come on, man.

a) There were many factors in her loss. Reverse any one of them and you get a different story.

b) One of those factors was the Comey letter. You seriously think that impacted under 1% of the voters - to have that letter come out so soon before the election and then have the media dedicate its coverage to that issue for the remainder of the campaign?

c) But the sexism issue remains an even stronger factor in her loss. The GOP is worse in that regard than the independents or the Dems, but it is not as if that is not a factor for them, as well.

You simply ignore that Trump flipped 6 states from the Obama column; Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Iowa to win 30 in total and 57% of the electoral votes.
MInorities did not turn out for Hillary like they did Obama, and Hillary’s strategy was to belittle the Trump campaign, and demonize his followers.

No, you twit, I don't ignore it.

Nothing about what you wrote changes the fact that Comey's letter changed the result!

You could point out that Clinton failed to campaign enough in the three states in question and I would agree with you. But it still wouldn't change what I said from being true.

You could point out that she said she would get rid of coal and that cost her the election and I would say it may well have. But it still wouldn't change what I said from being true.

It took ALL of that to get this result where she lost the election by 77,000 votes in 3 states:
Russians, Comey, Media, Sexism, Trump Lies, and her own campaigning, and it came down to 77,000 votes in 3 states.

Period. End of story.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: September 09, 2018, 03:46:00 PM »

Red - the entire Dem party - and its adoring media is "at fault" for Hilary's loss - though with sucha  tidal wave created by Trump it would have been tough sledding any way you slice it.

They didnt take DT seriously early on - mistake number one (any candidate is one to worry about - we even do our homework on the loon Elizanbeth Warren and I am sure we would on someone like Cuban). 

I posted a youtube mashup of all the commentary re:  Trump's candidacy - guffaws abound.....and from talking heads who take themselves quite seriously and consider themselves brilliant.  It was incredibly entertaining.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: September 09, 2018, 03:51:38 PM »

Come on, man.

Nothing about what you wrote changes the fact that Comey's letter changed the result!

You could point out that Clinton failed to campaign enough in the three states in question and I would agree with you. But it still wouldn't change what I said from being true.

You could point out that she said she would get rid of coal and that cost her the election and I would say it may well have. But it still wouldn't change what I said from being true.

It took ALL of that to get this result where she lost the election by 77,000 votes in 3 states:
Russians, Comey, Media, Sexism, Trump Lies, and her own campaigning, and it came down to 77,000 votes in 3 states.

Period. End of story.
ROFL
Only in your partisan story because you ignore the totality of an election.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: September 09, 2018, 04:03:32 PM »

Come on, man.

Period. End of story.
ROFL

77,000 votes, Red.

Nothing you can say changes that anymore than anything I can say changes that the election result.

You want to point out how much else changed to make it that close? *shrug* Tell us something we didn't know.

But it took the factors I listed to make it a close loss instead of a close win. Change any one of mine and the outcome is different.

And you say I am ignoring the totality of the election?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: September 09, 2018, 04:06:49 PM »

Come on, man.

Period. End of story.
ROFL

77,000 votes, Red.

Nothing you can say changes that anymore than anything I can say changes that the election result.

You want to point out how much else changed to make it that close? *shrug* Tell us something we didn't know.

But it took the factors I listed to make it a close loss instead of a close win. Change any one of mine and the outcome is different.

Obviously you did and continue to do so.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: September 09, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »

You seriously think that impacted under 1% of the voters - to have that letter come out so soon before the election and then have the media dedicate its coverage to that issue for the remainder of the campaign?

They didn't

But regardless, no.  The tide was too strong.  Hilary ignored her opponent for too long and neglected a portion of the electorate.  They celebrated way too early.

And USA is better for it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: September 09, 2018, 05:12:19 PM »

You seriously think that impacted under 1% of the voters - to have that letter come out so soon before the election and then have the media dedicate its coverage to that issue for the remainder of the campaign?

They didn't

But regardless, no.  The tide was too strong.  Hilary ignored her opponent for too long and neglected a portion of the electorate.  They celebrated way too early.

Like I said.

Deluded.

And no, worse off by far, but you can keep ignoring the state of the country, unlike most of the rest of us.

And by us I mean Americans, let alone the world.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: September 09, 2018, 05:13:20 PM »

Come on, man.

Period. End of story.
ROFL

77,000 votes, Red.

Obviously you did and continue to do so.

Poor fact-deprived Red. You and Kiid really deserve each other, along with your Australian spawn.

barton

« Reply #2184 on: September 09, 2018, 05:22:41 PM »

They didn't

How would that be factually established?   Hard to compare an actual presidential term to one that didn't happen.   We have, not to burden this chat with logic or anything,  zero knowledge of a Hillary presidency.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: September 09, 2018, 05:39:49 PM »

They didn't

Like I said.

Deluded.

And no, worse off by far, but you can keep ignoring the state of the country, unlike most of the rest of us.

In the eyes of the world the US is strong right now.

We got our "hand" back.

Even leaving the economy aside for another day.

But folks are right - we are at an important stage in the history of our nation.  In 2020 and in 2024 we get to decide to continue the ROLL we are on - or to go back to being weak.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: September 09, 2018, 05:50:11 PM »

They didn't

Like I said.

Deluded.

In the eyes of the world the US is strong right now.

According to Donald Trump, you and his other followers, and nobody else, Kiid.

Everybody else is horrified, not impressed or admiring.

Is there anything that could convince you?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: September 09, 2018, 05:57:29 PM »

Start by explaining "everyone else is horrified"

They (other nations) are on their toes.  Not so comfortable.   As it should be.

Getting in proper line behind the world #1 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: September 09, 2018, 05:59:42 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: September 09, 2018, 06:15:53 PM »

Start by explaining "everyone else is horrified"

They (other nations) are on their toes.  Not so comfortable.   As it should be.

Getting in proper line behind the world #1

Nobody is "getting in proper line" behind us, Kiid.

This is from last November:
http://www.people-press.org/2017/11/09/partisans-have-starkly-different-opinions-about-how-the-world-views-the-u-s/

More recent perspectives:
https://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/america-last-coming-terms-new-world-order-50283578

http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/oped/WORLD-VIEW--The-big-American-mistakes-with-Russia-/1840568-4713660-at8t9s/index.html

Not that it should be a surprise how wrong you are:
https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/italians-and-americans-misperceptions

What I mean by horrified is that watching Trump burn bridges with our allies while cozying up to the strongman dictators of the world leaves them frightened both for and of us.

What I mean by horrified is that seeing our tariffs that weaken both us and the other economies worries them that the world economic situation will tank.

What I mean by horrified is that for Europe, if NATO falls apart, they feel ill-equipped to deal with an emboldened Russia - and fearful that they will have to, as our nation is unreliable - and has promised to be unreliable.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 4288