Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1475 1476 [1477] 1478 1479 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583584 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22140 on: October 21, 2019, 10:23:15 PM »

I would have preferred that he not move them out of where they were to begin with.

Sorry - you weren't elected

Let it play out - then you can say Trump got lucky

I'd grant the "let it play out" if there was an argument for the actions he took.

But when asked what the national security benefit to the US you ducked the question.  Can you answer it now?

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22141 on: October 21, 2019, 10:27:03 PM »

Been waiting for this. Nor is this going to be the last such SEC complaint.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/21/politics/pebble-mine-alaska-insider-trading-invs/index.html

Environmental group files SEC complaint about mining company stock trades days before major EPA announcement

Earthworks, a Washington-based advocacy group, sent a letter of complaint to the SEC, the New Jersey Bureau of Securities and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, detailing a flurry of stock trades and communication related to Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. in the days prior to recent decisions by Environmental Protection Agency that were beneficial to the mine.
The company's stock price shot up after both EPA decisions were publicly announced this summer, records show.

A company spokesman for Northern Dynasty denied any wrongdoing by company officials and called the allegations "entirely false and without merit."

The so-called "Pebble project," which is slated to be built near Bristol Bay, southwest of Anchorage, is highly controversial because of its potential to damage rivers, creeks and lakes. Some 35 million wild sockeye salmon return to spawn every year in those waters, making it one of the world's last untrammeled salmon runs of its kind.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22142 on: October 21, 2019, 10:30:04 PM »

I would have preferred that he not move them out of where they were to begin with.

Jerk! YOU asked what I thought, so I answered.

If you want, I can just delete any post in which you ask somebody else what they think. (No, I won't do it, but you do seem to want it.)

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22143 on: October 21, 2019, 10:31:38 PM »

And if it worked out, that would be great, but Kid?

It is not as if you ever admit when he screws up.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22144 on: October 21, 2019, 10:36:55 PM »

I'd grant the "let it play out" if there was an argument for the actions he took.

But when asked what the national security benefit to the US you ducked the question.  Can you answer it now?

Trump has already answered

But for me - no - I didnt like the idea of sending more troops in.  I prefer the diplomacy we are employing now

Blood is on the hands of the vicious animals who wont abide by the ceasefire.  Nobody else.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22145 on: October 21, 2019, 10:43:15 PM »

And if it worked out, that would be great, but Kid?

It is not as if you ever admit when he screws up.

I’d like Trump to articulate what it would mean for him if this “works out.”  He hasn’t outlined a goal for the troop withdrawal, save bringing troops home who is not actually bringing home (while sending more to Saudi Arabia)

The troops are coming home because ISIS is defeated?  No.  They aren’t.  And they are celebrating our withdrawal, while making preparations for more operations in the vacated area.
The troops are coming home because the Kurds are safe?  Nope.   We allowed Turkey to ethnically cleanse  the homeland of a people that lost thousands fighting our enemies alongside us.
The troops are coming home because Turkey will take over?  Yeah, so legit an ally that we firebombed our bases rather than letting them occupy them.

If the goal was to drag the good name of the United States through the mud and signal to our allies that we are an unreliable partner, well, I can see those goals “working out” for Trump. 
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22146 on: October 21, 2019, 10:45:43 PM »

No.  He hasn't.

But for me - no - I didnt like the idea of sending more troops in.  I prefer the diplomacy we are employing now

You didn’t like the idea?  You had no idea what was going on there until you heard Trump was retreating.  Then you were all for it.    Because, Trump.

Blood is on the hands of the vicious animals who wont abide by the ceasefire.  Nobody else.

The Kurds are "vicious animals" because Trump told kiidcarter8 they were.  And why would he lie? 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22147 on: October 21, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »

I thought the approval of the idea that we outsource our national security interests in the Middle East to the Russians was probably the best example we will ever have of how Trump has taken over the soft minds of the formerly “conservative” Trumpists.

But now just a few days later we get “I prefer diplomacy” when dealing with ISIS. 

New lows set daily.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22148 on: October 21, 2019, 10:53:02 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-on-arrested-giuliani-associates-lev-parnas-and-igor-fruman-i-dont-know-them
“I don't know those gentlemen. Now, it's possible I have a picture with them, because I have a picture with everybody,” Trump said, referring to a photograph where he is seen posing with Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who were charged with campaign finance violations. “I don't know them, I don't know about them, I don't know what they do... I don't know, maybe they were clients of Rudy. You'd have to ask Rudy. I just don't know.”

WSJ says:
https://www.wsj.com/video/private-photos-of-indicted-donor-depict-ties-to-trump-giuliani/7EED4946-5201-4D70-A8FF-0516DCC1488E.html

They don't believe the liar-in-chief and who can blame them, especially after that so-called cabinet meeting that was just a lie fest of defensiveness.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22150 on: October 21, 2019, 10:55:52 PM »

Trump has already lied.

And no, we are not engaging in diplomacy, just mock-diplomacy.

And, again, since you seem to have forgotten:

There was no ceasefire!

And I told you that the killings would not stop with the "pause" that Turkey agreed to and I am just not the godz gift to military operations, but it didn't take a genius to know what would happen!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22151 on: October 21, 2019, 11:00:02 PM »

And I told you that the killings would not stop with the "pause" that Turkey agreed to ....

Good call by you

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22152 on: October 21, 2019, 11:01:58 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-us-agreed-protect-syrian-kurd-allies-rest/story?id=66417591

"We never agreed to protect the Kurds for the rest of their lives."

We never told them we would abruptly betray them, either, Kid.

I can't believe you are repeating this bullshit as if it meant something other than that Trump is scrambling for his political life to excuse the inexcusable!

Okay, I can, because you have swallowed more of Trump's dick more often than that announcer you are complaining about has even considered of Brady's!

What's next? "I had my fingers crossed when I agreed to work with them?!"

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22153 on: October 21, 2019, 11:03:34 PM »

And I told you that the killings would not stop with the "pause" that Turkey agreed to ....

Good call by you

But that means that the blood is on the hands of both Erdogan and Mr. "We never promised we would protect them forever."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22154 on: October 21, 2019, 11:15:58 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1475 1476 [1477] 1478 1479 ... 4288