Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1478 1479 [1480] 1481 1482 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603984 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22185 on: October 22, 2019, 02:07:59 PM »

Trump is being hunted like Al Capone, John Gotti, and Bernie Madoff.

Exactly
Right - like the criminal he is.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22186 on: October 22, 2019, 02:09:08 PM »

White men were lynched in the Old West - sometimes as innocents.

Got an example of one of the innocents?

And your "#notallmen" is duly noted.

You remain a racist.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22187 on: October 22, 2019, 02:19:43 PM »

William Marion

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22188 on: October 22, 2019, 02:25:12 PM »

James Averell

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22189 on: October 22, 2019, 02:59:53 PM »

Trump tactic works to a tee...He knows full well Ambassador Taylor knows where the bodies are buried, so he uses race incitement to distract and own the conversation.

Well, guess what?  Taylor has confirmed Quid Pro Quo.  Republicans will need to face a choice; either remove Donald Trump from office, or say that withholding military aid from an ally at war in a quid pro quo arrangement to benefit himself politically is not an impeachable offense.

And no amount of pitting blacks vs. whites is going to change that fact.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22190 on: October 22, 2019, 03:28:17 PM »

James Averell
William Marion

Your research skills are astounding. I was curious to see what/who you found.

One out of two isn't bad, I suppose.

I'm surprised that you skipped Cattle Kate. She and Averell are not normally considered among lynchings for a variety of reasons. But rather than talking about Ella Watson (aka Cattle Kate Maxwell), you went instead for William Marion, who was not lynched, but was hanged after having been convicted of the murder of his best friend. While 100 years later he was pardoned, it was not a lynching.

Many more than those two, though I imagine you might think that helping blacks or being anti-lynching were legitimate causes to lynch a white man.

From 1882-1968, 4,743 lynchings occurred in the United States.  Of these people that were lynched 3,446 were black.  The blacks lynched accounted for 72.7% of the people lynched.  These numbers seem large, but it is known that not all of the lynchings were ever recorded.  Out of the 4,743 people lynched only 1,297 white people were lynched.  That is only 27.3%.  Many of the whites lynched were lynched for helping the black or being anti lynching and even for domestic crimes.

It doesn't change the fact that lynching is a racially charged term, as you full well know.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22191 on: October 22, 2019, 03:32:01 PM »

Lol.  So what?

"Concentration camps" weren't/aren't only for Jewish people either.  But everyone for good reason makes that association.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22192 on: October 22, 2019, 03:58:47 PM »

This explains both how trump targets his appeals and why arguing with Kiid just won’t work

http://psmag.com/news/trumps-appeal-to-the-cognitively-challenged
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22193 on: October 22, 2019, 04:06:41 PM »

Oregon has announced that Oregon is open to accepting refugees.

One of my cousins in Oregon is upset, and she said that Oregon will be ruined.

Here is what I told her...

----

The American Dream is all about the immigrants, it is when a young boy sits in Sicily, Italy, and dreams about moving to America, that is the American Dream.

And people come from all over the world to America for the American Dream.

That is what makes America great, and that is how America was built.

And you need to teach the new immigrants how to be Americans, and we need to create jobs for the new immigrants, and we need to help them to be good Americans.

And many immigrants help other people here in America.

My Doctor is from the Philippines.

And I have a friend who helps the homeless, right now she has 100 people in her houses, she has been helping the homeless for 30 years, and she is from Manila, Philippines. Her husband is from Province of Catanduanes. She owned a Filipino night club in Los Angeles, named "Manila Gardens," and she owned many successful businesses, and she has always helped the homeless.

Many new immigrants come to America and do good things, and open businesses, and many are doctors, etc.

We need to make all of our immigrants legal, like Reagan did, and we need to make it easy for our immigrants to become legal, especially with our good Christian neighbors here in the Western Hemisphere, including with Canada and Mexico.

We need to make them legal, and we need to put them to work. And the preachers need to preach to them, and we need to win them over for Jesus. We need to turn them all into Christians. Jesus said, "I will make you fishers of men." The preachers in the USA need to win the new immigrants over for Jesus.

Love you!

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22194 on: October 22, 2019, 04:24:55 PM »

On the issue of the Native American Indians...

Many Americans got along good with the Indians, and many cowboys married Indian women. I have Indians in my family tree from the cowboys marrying Indians.

And Roy Rogers and Dale Evans adopted a baby Native American girl, Dodie, my Brother married her daughter, Kristen. The King of the Cowboys adopted an Indian baby.

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #22195 on: October 22, 2019, 05:15:36 PM »

Lol.  So what?

"Concentration camps" weren't/aren't only for Jewish people either.  But everyone for good reason makes that association.

Way to go, Kid.  You've successfully evaded the super obvious problem of comparing a dutiful adherence to the Constitution to a homicidal vigilante mob.  That would have been much harder to justify, so you just picked at the semantics.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22196 on: October 22, 2019, 05:22:31 PM »

Here is what I told her...

----

The American Dream is all about the immigrants, it is when a young boy sits in Sicily, Italy, and dreams about moving to America, that is the American Dream.

And people come from all over the world to America for the American Dream.

That is what makes America great, and that is how America was built.
What I remind people is that open and liberal immigration has never made America weaker or less American. And the only reasons to believe it would be different today are fear, bigotry and racism.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22197 on: October 22, 2019, 05:27:06 PM »

=You've successfully evaded the super obvious problem of comparing a dutiful adherence to the Constitution to a homicidal vigilante mob.

The talking point now that quid pro quo has been confirmed will be all about “due process.”    “The House has never done this before!” says the Republican House Minority Leader.

So what?  It’s an investigation. Not a trial.  And it is well within the Constitutional powers of the House, as demonstrated on numerous occasions by this very same GOP, to conduct investigations.  Unlike with Bill Clinton, there has been no special counsel investigation and there won’t be, as this Attorney General won’t even recuse himself from involvement in the matter when he was directly named in the complaint.  So the House is taking it upon themselves to do it.  As is their right.

And, we should add (though without yet knowing the specifics of much of the testimony) the House seems to be doing a very good job of getting to the bottom of what happened in a short period of time.

Investigation is due process.  It’s a collection of the facts that will be used to come to some decisions.  And with well over half of Americans supporting this inquiry, any description of it being a lynching, or a vigilante mob, is just more bad faith bullshit from the party that has really only had that on offer for the past 11 years.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22198 on: October 22, 2019, 05:37:39 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22199 on: October 22, 2019, 05:42:20 PM »

The twist being that Oregon was originally supposed to be a "white's only" paradise.
Pages: 1 ... 1478 1479 [1480] 1481 1482 ... 4288