Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996097 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23086 on: November 05, 2019, 04:03:59 PM »

Who is the candidate?

Don't know yet, REDSTATEWARD.  I know you exist in a WSJ bubble, but you should know the Democrats have not yet nominated a candidate.

Naturally, who that person will be matters.  But the point I was making stands:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/year-election-day-democratic-presidential-contenders-extend-leads/story?id=66664948
LOL.
Then why run the risk of screwing up a sure thing by an Impeachment failure?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23087 on: November 05, 2019, 04:05:46 PM »

Things look as rosy as can be inside the GOP’s coffin, according to RedWard.

Polling yesterday shows that the Democrats have a fight on their hands in some key battleground states, but the notion that they are desperate to impeach Trump because they feel like there is no way they can beat the least popular POTUS in the history of polling in an election is fucking hilarious.

Is he easier to beat than what might come in impeachment's aftermath?

No idea what you are trying to ask here.  Do I think impeachment is hurting Trump politically?  What a question.  Does being revealed as a corrupt politician  hurt your reelection chances…well, I hope so.  And if it doesn’t, then our country is in serious trouble.

Polling would seem to indicate a small downward bump since the Ukraine business hit the news.  I imagine that public testimony from all these witnesses to criminal activity are going to push him down further.  But we all know there are people who will support him no matter how corrupt he is, right kiidcarter8?

Tell you what else might make him easier to beat…campaigning.  Trump doesn’t talk policy much.  Sure doesn’t bring it up in those big “campaign rallies.”  Pure garbage can come out of his mouth and 35% of America will eat it up, but I think there is not an insignificant number of voters who care what our “president’s” position is on things like, say health insurance, and Medicare and Social Security. 

In 2016 Trump ran on keeping funding on all those things as is, while promising he will be insuring everyone with the most unbelievable health insurance anyone has seen ever.  What is his position on these things now?  How can he argue that he is going to insure everyone, when he is on record for supporting kicking 30 million people off their health insurance?  His polling was never lower than when that was in the news, and his positions on taxes aren’t that much more popular.  And who out there is ready to be convinced that his trade wars were a plus for the economy (besides people like yourself, of course, kiidcarter8)  Has caging children proven to be a popular immigration policy?

Was reading somewhere how Democrats always overestimate how much policy matters.  Fair enough, maybe that is true.  But we’ve never seen a politician run before with no policy.  Racism, talking tough and triggering the libs is enough for a distressingly large percentage of the population.  But as bad as things have gotten I still don’t think that is enough to win a national election.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23088 on: November 05, 2019, 04:10:19 PM »

Who is the candidate?

Don't know yet, REDSTATEWARD.  I know you exist in a WSJ bubble, but you should know the Democrats have not yet nominated a candidate.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/year-election-day-democratic-presidential-contenders-extend-leads/story?id=66664948
LOL.

I know you saw because you are such a good reader where I noted that there are battleground states where Democrats have their work cut out for them.  At no time did I claim that anything was a "sure thing."  What I was pointing out was the absurdity that anyone would see Trump as so electorally invincible that impeachment would be the only way to unseat him when, as I said (again) he is the least popular POTUS in history.

As for why impeachment?  Like...why should Congress do the job of defending our Democracy and the Constitution of the United States?  Why do your duty when there is nothing in it for you?  Only a Trumpist would ask that question.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23089 on: November 05, 2019, 04:13:15 PM »

Who is the candidate?

LOL.

Your love idol is a rampant sociopath atop a solely criminal organization. He can’t stop - won’t stop. The on going impeachment makes it harder for crooks in his orbit and entities that want to destroy or abuse the United States to further collude with Individual 1 in his bonsai charge to destroy the constitution and thereby destroy the nation.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23090 on: November 05, 2019, 04:24:22 PM »

Who is the candidate?

LOL.

I know you saw because you are such a good reader where I noted that there are battleground states where Democrats have their work cut out for them.  At no time did I claim that anything was a "sure thing." 
Well I guess you learned that lesson from Hillary.
What I was pointing out was the absurdity that anyone would see Trump as so electorally invincible that impeachment would be the only way to unseat him when, as I said (again) he is the least popular POTUS in history.
Again. Why put the country through a farce of Impeachment? Why not coalesce around a democrat message that would defeat a highly unpopular President?
Does the party have a message beyond hating trump?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23091 on: November 05, 2019, 04:37:27 PM »

The impeachment is very real.

The farce is the corrupted individuals how have chained themselves to Moscow Mitch in the Senate.

That’s why their constituents will be retiring a good handful from the canker caucus. Fewer republicans up and down the board and next to none in the White House.

Didn’t mean to sell you short.

You also are farcical, Red.

There. All better now.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23093 on: November 05, 2019, 06:10:11 PM »

Why put the country through a farce of Impeachment?

Today we have news that Trump’s pick for EU ambassador confirmed in written testimony that US military aid was held over Ukraine in order to extort them into participating in a unsupported smear of Biden for Trump’s own personal political benefit.

If something is farcical here, it is questioning why Congress should move forward with the impeachment effort.  How about…because your “president” should be fucking impeached?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23094 on: November 05, 2019, 06:31:33 PM »

What’s nice is those farcical images of bold Reagan and flyboy Bush will forever be papered over and eclipsed by the death throws of this whiny little bitch.

Trump is indeed the perfect republican which is why he will be the last one of any national importance.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23095 on: November 05, 2019, 06:37:40 PM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5dc1dbfce4b0f5dcf8fc7b6b

If trump stonewalls hard enough, the House side will stretch on past the primaries and he will be convicted in the Senate.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23096 on: November 05, 2019, 06:52:36 PM »

Why put the country through a farce of Impeachment?

Today we have news that Trump’s pick for EU ambassador confirmed in written testimony that US military aid was held over Ukraine in order to extort them into participating in a unsupported smear of Biden for Trump’s own personal political benefit.

If something is farcical here, it is questioning why Congress should move forward with the impeachment effort.  How about…because your “president” should be fucking impeached?
LOL
Here’s your problem.
87% of democrats want Impeachment, 92% of the GOP voters do not.
Independents favor Impeachment at about 38%.
Those numbers put the  chances  or removing Trump at zero.
And the democrats will have the same chance at the White House.

barton

« Reply #23097 on: November 05, 2019, 07:13:09 PM »

82%, not 92%.

However, 18 percent of GOP respondents indicated they want Trump removed from office by impeachment, a number that has increased in recent weeks from single digits.   

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-support-trumps-impeachment-rises-18-percent-poll-shows-1469234

I wonder if we should factcheck your other figures, as well. 

47%, per the more recent polling.

Hmm.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:17:07 PM by barton »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23098 on: November 05, 2019, 07:26:35 PM »

82%, not 92%.

However, 18 percent of GOP respondents indicated they want Trump removed from office by impeachment, a number that has increased in recent weeks from single digits.   

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-support-trumps-impeachment-rises-18-percent-poll-shows-1469234

I wonder if we should factcheck your other figures, as well. 

47%, per the more recent polling.

Hmm.
Even at your numbers  the Impeachment/removal arrow still points to zero.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23099 on: November 05, 2019, 07:36:18 PM »

Hillary checks in.

dems need someone who can win
( wait for it)
The Electoral College!

LOL
Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 4288