Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602204 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23250 on: November 10, 2019, 02:38:11 AM »

And no - Trump is not "on the other side from" America , plonker

Mr. Trump has attempted to bribe at least one and apparently more than one foreign leader to do his political bidding.

That is "on the other side from America." In the words of multiple people, his actions "undermine the rule of law." And that above statement by you is a fine example of your offering an opinion of the type in which you refuse to see what he did as being a violation of both law and Constitution

"Politically related prosecutions are not the way of promoting the rule of law. They undermine the rule of law," said George Kent, deputy assistant secretary in the State Department's Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs.

and
"We are in uncharted territory," Judge Friedman said. "We are witnessing a chief executive who criticizes virtually every judicial decision that doesn't go his way and denigrates judges who rule against him, sometimes in very personal terms. He seems to view the courts and the justice system as obstacles to be attacked and undermined, not as a co-equal branch to be respected even when he disagrees with its decisions."

Nor is this a new claim about him, no matter how much President Trump wishes (again) to paint this as Democrats against him.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23251 on: November 10, 2019, 02:43:42 AM »

And the fact that you still think it is about sides and not about America on one side and Trump and his cronies on the other is also par for the course, but your refusal to see what he did as being a violation of both law and Constitution makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I havent offered such opinion

You have, regularly and repeatedly.

You minimize and deny his violations with abandon and without evidence of a second (or first) thought.

You jump to conviction, to GUILTY, much too quickly.

Its ok - thats your role - as part of the extreme national minority....on this extremist site

I choose only to watch - and to ruffle your feathers.

Either you mean what you say or you are admitting you are a liar.

Pick one.

And no, I don't  "jump to conviction, to guilty, much to quickly."

We have the president's own words, even in the edited version of the transcript that he permitted to be released which at least one listener said left out key parts  - and in that limited version, the president asks for a favor to give the other fellow what he wants - and the favor he requested, as has been multiply testified to, was a personal political boon, not one for our nation.

He pressured an ally to do as he wanted or he would not give the ally what our country had promised the ally.

This is not my jumping to anything. This is your denying the truth with every fiber of your being and then pretending you are not doing so.

Or as we have almost all said of Ward this whole time and can now say as truly of you, "lie, deny, and obfuscate."

Liar.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23253 on: November 10, 2019, 02:53:42 AM »

And the fact that you still think it is about sides and not about America on one side and Trump and his cronies on the other is also par for the course, but your refusal to see what he did as being a violation of both law and Constitution makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I havent offered such opinion

You have, regularly and repeatedly.

You minimize and deny his violations with abandon and without evidence of a second (or first) thought.

You jump to conviction, to GUILTY, much too quickly.

Its ok - thats your role - as part of the extreme national minority....on this extremist site

I choose only to watch - and to ruffle your feathers.

It’s not everyday someone smugly declares public masturbation as their raison d'être.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #23255 on: November 10, 2019, 04:48:07 AM »

"It was a random dude just ran up to the balloon, stuck a knife in it, and ran off. We had police close by because of another driver earlier, so they went over and arrested him and his getaway driver," Gulas told CNN through Twitter.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/09/politics/trump-balloon-alabama-lsu-football-game/index.html

Whats the usual sentence for a balloon attack?  And what the fuck took so long.

That balloon should never have been allowed.

When 'Sarah Palin' was hanging in a noose from a roof in LA...they called it 'art'.
And 'John McCain' was burning to death in a chimney on the same roof...they called it 'art'.

Didn't call it 'art' though when they found 'Barack Obama' hanging in a noose from a tree at a university in Kentucky, in reply.

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #23256 on: November 10, 2019, 04:56:34 AM »

Firefighter reinforcements have arrived from NZ, Canada, and USA.
Yo!

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/gut-wrenching-moment-a-bushfire-victim-85-breaks-down-in-tears-as-he-tells-scott-morrison-hes-lost-everything-as-the-pm-reveals-the-day-when-fire-levels-will-reach-catastrophic-for-the-first-time-in-history/ar-BBWxyT9?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

#####

"It's climate change" shout the usual 'suspects'.

More like lightning, arson, and in one case cops laid road spikes to stop the car of a wanted person...the spikes shredded the tyres, they fell off and sparks from the rims ignited grass/bushland starting a massive forest fire.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23257 on: November 10, 2019, 08:27:19 AM »

"It was a random dude just ran up to the balloon, stuck a knife in it, and ran off. We had police close by because of another driver earlier, so they went over and arrested him and his getaway driver," Gulas told CNN through Twitter.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/09/politics/trump-balloon-alabama-lsu-football-game/index.html

It’s just foreshadowing of all the air going out of the orange cracker buggerrer’s defense.

A scumbag can only run so long on hot air before his web of lies comes crashing to the ground.

A white guys stuck the knife in. Bolton, Barr, or Mulvaney?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #23258 on: November 10, 2019, 09:54:47 AM »

The baby blimp is free speech.  You and Red keep saying how strongly you favor that. 

barton

« Reply #23259 on: November 10, 2019, 10:01:07 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/01/09/trump-farm-bailout-money-will-go-brazilian-owned-meatpacking-firm-usda-says/?fbclid=IwAR21FjUORSDIBCmzEgPrv1jXjhw-4OtfK7jIJ8Z3esfZD_Px-fSQwtw2BTs

The headline says all that needs to be said.
Yup.

Regarding this, and your earlier post of The Guardian link on farmer suicide, did you catch the story in WaPo yesterday about the farm family in South Dakota?   With the wettest summer on record, and the trade war, it's been a double tap in the eastern half of the state. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23260 on: November 10, 2019, 11:12:26 AM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23261 on: November 10, 2019, 12:26:05 PM »

Will you all be satisfied if Trump is impeached yet let go by the Senate?

Is the impeachment enough to have a positive effect on the election for the Dems?

barton

« Reply #23262 on: November 10, 2019, 12:49:47 PM »

The health of democracy and basic standards of integrity and public trust are what matter to me.   I don't speak for "you all," just for myself.   The effect of impeachment on future elections is of lesser importance to me.  I will be satisfied if Trump and every following POTUS respects campaign law, the Constitution, the duty to entirely separate oneself from all business interests while in office, and the oversight duties of Congress and independence of judicial branches.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23263 on: November 10, 2019, 01:25:35 PM »

Will you all be satisfied if Trump is impeached yet let go by the Senate?

Is the impeachment enough to have a positive effect on the election for the Dems?

Would impeachment have been enough for Nixon?

No fucking way.

Let me be clear on this, dimwit: Trump engaged in bribery of foreign leaders for personal political purposes, endangering an ally.

Why the FUCK would I be satisfied with impeachment and then acquittal by Moscow Mitch and the GOP Senate?

I would rather impeach and remove Trump and lose the election to one of the declared GOP presidential candidates other than Trump and have Trump finish his term and get beaten in the election.

The former would show a healthier democracy by far.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23264 on: November 10, 2019, 01:44:35 PM »

The health of democracy and basic standards of integrity and public trust are what matter to me.   I don't speak for "you all," just for myself.   The effect of impeachment on future elections is of lesser importance to me.  I will be satisfied if Trump and every following POTUS respects campaign law, the Constitution, the duty to entirely separate oneself from all business interests while in office, and the oversight duties of Congress and independence of judicial branches.

Trump joining the ranks of "impeached, yet served 8 effective years". 

Could be, sadly - if they insist on moving on with this.
Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 4288