Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1556 1557 [1558] 1559 1560 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599135 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23355 on: November 12, 2019, 02:23:02 PM »

In other campus news.....

https://thehoya.com/reconciliation-initiative/

2/3 voting students at Georgetown in favor of restitution to slave families sold by the University in early 1800s.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23356 on: November 12, 2019, 02:30:54 PM »

In my best Dennis Green voice: they are who we thought they were.

Leaked Emails Show Stephen Miller Is Exactly Who You Think He Is
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stephen-miller-white-nationalism-xenophobia-leaked-emails_n_5dcad550e4b00927b23a1f95

Miller is creepy - but in this piece there is no THERE there.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23357 on: November 12, 2019, 02:40:59 PM »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stephen-miller-white-nationalism-xenophobia-leaked-emails_n_5dcad550e4b00927b23a1f95

Having sent around links to VDARE writers yourself, I could understand why you would want to think that way.

Fact is, this administration has normalized white supremacy at the highest levels like no other.  To the point that their followers think that open allegiance to the ideologies that surround that movement is totally fine. 

It isn’t.  And wouldn’t be tolerated in any professional administration where the head was not himself a daily font of intolerance. 
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23358 on: November 12, 2019, 02:41:34 PM »

What in the WORLD is going on at the Northwestern student newspaper?
Please excuse them for practicing , ahem, Journalism while studying in a College of Journalism!
Agreed. Without the snark.

Ok, but you have to laugh at the Trumpists here being suddenly so concerned about journalistic integrity.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23359 on: November 12, 2019, 03:02:18 PM »

Yeah, Trump has put a white supremacist in charge of his immigration policy. Nothing to see here!
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23360 on: November 12, 2019, 03:07:43 PM »

Miller hasn't really been in the news much since early on in the administration.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23361 on: November 12, 2019, 03:20:14 PM »

Anyone who would want to argue that the Trump Campaign didn't collude with the Russians (and there are a few here) are hopefully paying attention to what is going on in the Roger Stone trial.  Not just Gates' testimony here, but Bannon's as well.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/rock-gates-stone-testimony

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23362 on: November 12, 2019, 03:23:08 PM »

Miller hasn't really been in the news much since early on in the administration.
Not the news you watch, maybe.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23363 on: November 12, 2019, 03:28:13 PM »

Last time I read about Stephen Miller's influence on Admin policy it was back when they were trying to deny green cards to anyone who was enrolled in a public assistance program and that was...one month ago.

barton

« Reply #23364 on: November 12, 2019, 03:57:56 PM »

In my best Captain Renault voice:  I am shocked!

from the article....

In a September 2015 email, Miller recommended that Breitbart write about “The Camp of the Saints,” a racial-dystopian novel by French author Jean Raspail. The book, linked to the far-right movement, portrays immigrants as dark-skinned, feces-eating invaders of white society....   

The French can be incredibly racist.  This is something I learned quickly when I spent three months in a provincial town in Burgundy.  Though the principal concern i encountered was more about speaking French properly than possible fecal meals. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23365 on: November 12, 2019, 04:14:28 PM »

Watch?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23366 on: November 12, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »

Just under the radar, with all the other gobbledygook going on, I suppose.

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23367 on: November 12, 2019, 04:17:03 PM »

In my best Captain Renault voice:  I am shocked!

from the article....

In a September 2015 email, Miller recommended that Breitbart write about “The Camp of the Saints,” a racial-dystopian novel by French author Jean Raspail. The book, linked to the far-right movement, portrays immigrants as dark-skinned, feces-eating invaders of white society....   

The French can be incredibly racist.  This is something I learned quickly when I spent three months in a provincial town in Burgundy.  Though the principal concern i encountered was more about speaking French properly than possible fecal meals.

Expected to see some meat in the piece - given the headline

No direct quotes, lots of opinion.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23368 on: November 12, 2019, 04:21:24 PM »

barton

« Reply #23369 on: November 12, 2019, 04:26:34 PM »

900 emails advocating white nationalism?   I'm not sure we define meat the same way.

But sure, if you want to ostrich out on reality you don't like, by all means just duck any ugly truth as "lots of opinion."   Seems to be the MO of the GOP these days.

Miller is a racist scumbag, and the architect of Trump's immigration policy.   "Get over it!"

Pages: 1 ... 1556 1557 [1558] 1559 1560 ... 4288