Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1608742 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23445 on: November 13, 2019, 08:42:52 PM »

"Attacking!"
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23446 on: November 13, 2019, 08:44:08 PM »

One need only to have peeked into today’s impeachment hearings and caught Republicans lying and obfuscating and spouting completely nonsensical and debunked conspiracy theories all in the service of protecting an obviously corrupt and unqualified “president” to understand how bereft of credible leadership the GOP is right now.

I mean, they went out of their way to put in the guy who helped cover up sexual assaults on the Ohio State wrestling team. 
Might want to some research on that smear. If you are going to attack the messenger it helps to get your facts straight.
There have been so many allegations against Jordan's conduct at Ohio State that I know it can be hard to keep them all straight, but surely you can at least follow the latest one:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/08/us/osu-abuse-lawsuit-title-ix/index.html
What is the alleged sexual assault?

Bark bark goes the sea lion.
I see.
Can’t find one.
BTW who are the defendants in that carefully timed lawsuit.?

Can't be bothered to find it for you when you either know damned well which sexual assaults or are too severely brain-damaged to be expected to retain information when it is given to you multiple times.

And not by just us.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

oilcan

« Reply #23447 on: November 13, 2019, 08:45:40 PM »

Still waiting for SeaLion Ward to tell me the names of all the many candidates he claims were proposing an immediate end to fossil fuels.   I know he won't, because it's like his other Democrat straw men he borrowed from Rahm. 

Yeah I wondered about the cellphone call.  Holmes will testify Friday, which will further strengthen Taylor's "hearsay." 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23448 on: November 13, 2019, 08:46:36 PM »

Not at all surprised the forum is attacking Jim Jordan tonight

Given his (a) inane performance and (b) background, nobody should be surprised that lots of people are attacking him, some of whom are in his party.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #23449 on: November 13, 2019, 09:04:27 PM »

Only one, never a serious contender, had advocated the GBI.

It wasn’t serious?  LOL

Have you borrowed some of Kid's dumb potion?  LOL.
You can message Rahm on Facebook if you didn’t understand his  Politico statement.
Yes. You drank the potion. Small sips next time.

LOL.

I expect an Orwellian vocabulary revamp momentarily.  "Immediate" when talking about fossil fuel will be defined as "in the next 30 years."   But gradual phase-out by 2050 sounds much crazier if you call it "immediate end."   Rahm is, sad to say, peddling sophistry.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23450 on: November 13, 2019, 09:16:52 PM »

Given his (a) inane performance and ...

Sez the Dems

Seeing a distinct pattern

You like/respect NOBODY not of your ilk.  Ugly look indeed.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #23451 on: November 13, 2019, 09:50:32 PM »

Ilk!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23452 on: November 13, 2019, 09:54:10 PM »

One need only to have peeked into today’s impeachment hearings and caught Republicans lying and obfuscating and spouting completely nonsensical and debunked conspiracy theories all in the service of protecting an obviously corrupt and unqualified “president” to understand how bereft of credible leadership the GOP is right now.

I mean, they went out of their way to put in the guy who helped cover up sexual assaults on the Ohio State wrestling team. 
Might want to some research on that smear. If you are going to attack the messenger it helps to get your facts straight.
There have been so many allegations against Jordan's conduct at Ohio State that I know it can be hard to keep them all straight, but surely you can at least follow the latest one:

I see.
Can’t find one.

Can't be bothered to find it for you when you either know damned well which sexual assaults or are too severely brain-damaged to be expected to retain information when it is given to you multiple times.

And not by just us.
Then you are pretty stupid.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #23453 on: November 13, 2019, 10:16:19 PM »

Watching Taylor today should give those faux flag-waving Maga assholes pause and ask themselves who is the more honest, decent and honorable man, who has sacrificed for his country, and fought for his country Trump or Taylor?

Tatylor was very impressive.

America can be very proud of him.

Trump is a repulsive liar and traitor.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:18:40 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23454 on: November 13, 2019, 10:34:31 PM »

Given his (a) inane performance and ...

Sez the Dems

Seeing a distinct pattern

You like/respect NOBODY not of your ilk.  Ugly look indeed.

Ugly look is when you lie and lie and lie about me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23455 on: November 13, 2019, 10:40:45 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/13/politics/trump-financial-records-appeals-court-house/index.html

Another day, another court telling Trump that they won't block Congress from getting Trump's taxes.

An appeals court has denied for the second time President Donald Trump's attempt to stop an accounting firm from turning over his financial documents to the House, making it the second tax case Trump's lawyers say they are taking to the Supreme Court.

The DC Circuit Court of Appeals said on Wednesday that a panel of eight judges out of 11 voted against allowing Trump to continue his appeal.

The decision is another loss stacked against Trump, after federal judges have repeatedly rebuked him and greenlighted the House's effort as it also pursues his impeachment. The case, if Trump loses again with the Supreme Court, could deliver his tax returns or closely related financial documents into the hands of House Democrats.

The opinion reiterates the strong signal the court sent last month, when it upheld a lower court ruling that Trump's longtime accounting firm Mazars USA must comply with a House subpoena of his tax documents and turn over eight years of accounting records.

Trump's attorney Jay Sekulow said Wednesday that they will appeal the decision to Supreme Court, noting "well reasoned dissent" from three judges to Wednesday's opinion.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23456 on: November 13, 2019, 10:44:43 PM »

I see.
Can’t find one.

And not by just us.

Hahahahahaha!

Because I won't go find for you something that was all over the news and which you will ignore or lie about as soon as I find it I am pretty stupid?

That would be like Lucy telling Charlie Brown he is stupid for thinking she will pull the football away from him.

Stupid would be ever expecting you to deal honestly with facts or with your own mistakes.

Or expecting Kid could admit that the side he pretends he isn't backing is making bizarre and bogus and inane claims to try to distract the public from the truth. That would be stupid, too.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23457 on: November 13, 2019, 11:55:05 PM »

I see.
Can’t find one.

And not by just us.

Hahahahahaha!

Because I won't go find for you something that was all over the news
It does not exist you stupid, stupid child

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23458 on: November 14, 2019, 03:05:25 AM »

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4829570/user-clip-jim-jordans-5-minutes

The uncorrected closed captioning of Jim Jordan's asinine comments in which he misrepresents the "facts" to make it seem as if the whistleblower made up the whole thing and therefore must testify publicly.

It's bullshit, Kid.

Just like Ward's pretending that nothing happened to the wrestlers.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23459 on: November 14, 2019, 03:08:39 AM »

I see.
Can’t find one.

And not by just us.

Hahahahahaha!

Because I won't go find for you something that was all over the news
It does not exist you stupid, stupid child

Lying, conniving asshole.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2018/07/05/fourth-wrestler-claims-rep-jim-jordan-knew-abuse-ohio-state/761604002/

"does not exist" - what does not exist, Ward, is an iota of moral integrity on your part or Kid's.
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 4288