Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1564 1565 [1566] 1567 1568 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1600025 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23475 on: November 14, 2019, 11:32:47 AM »

You made a “what about” -ist comparison between Trump and Clinton

Really, I didn't.

And I have many, many, many, many, many people who will tell you I am not a whataboutist.

Many, many.....

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23476 on: November 14, 2019, 11:38:17 AM »

You made a “what about” -ist comparison between Trump and Clinton

Really, I didn't.

And I have many, many, many, many, many people who will tell you I am not a whataboutist.

Many, many.....

Lol.  Though certainly not anyone who reads your posts here.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #23477 on: November 14, 2019, 11:57:39 AM »

Given the Trump/Sondland call was done on private cellphones (thus violating the presidential records act), I would guess there are two options for investigators....a

Get a warrant to seize Trump's cellphone, which if it's like most cellphones, at least logs all incoming calls, showing the number from which it originated. 

Ask Russian intelligence if they would give us a copy of the recording they likely made in Kyiv.

Wouldn't Sondland's phone also have a record of the call being made?  I thought I read somewhere that Sondland's phone records were subpoenaed but I can't find it now.

Yes, I guess it would be possible to subpoena records from Sondland's mobile service, which would have the data that doesn't get erased just because you've cleared your call log on the physical phone.  Would a mobile company release that info, unless there was an actual bench warrant, i.e. wouldn't he have to be charged with a crime?    I was being whimsical as to actually getting the "President's" phone and dropping it in an evidence bag, as Kid noticed. 

I was hoping Holmes would appear in one of the public hearings. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23478 on: November 14, 2019, 11:58:52 AM »

Ugly is why republicans are so strongly in favor of sexual assault.

Please - save yourself

There is help out there.  Ask.

The rapist in the White House has the support of only one party, the party that sent two sex criminals to sit on the Supreme Court. It is the party of Roy Moore, Denny Hastert, and Gym Jordan.

What else can one conclude about this sick, sick organization?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #23479 on: November 14, 2019, 12:05:09 PM »

It's impressive in a way that a major party can be largely anti-science and still exist.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

oilcan

« Reply #23480 on: November 14, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »

Especially a party in a country that he been a world leader in STEM education and R&D for the past century.  We did an excellent job of teaching a couple generations of Chinese scientists, though, who were attending our universiities in large numbers. 

I don't think Congress can successfully subpoena Sondland's mobile account records from his carrier.  If they did, Sondland who is already established as a liar, would most likely lie again and say that the call was informal and private and did not consider State matters of any kind.  Whatever Holmes thinks he heard, Sondland will say, was misunderstood.  They were discussing favorite meals like burritos and ciders, not Burisma and the Bidens.  They also talked about indigestion rather than investigation. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 12:17:38 PM by oilcan »

barton

« Reply #23481 on: November 14, 2019, 12:20:11 PM »

This has some eye-opening stuff on cellphones....

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/10/president-trump-and-cell-phone-security/574096/

"Russia, if you're listening..."

barton

« Reply #23482 on: November 14, 2019, 12:31:38 PM »

Well, how about that.

https://apnews.com/6d318542e50b45dc9e1d4d829ad36c96

Another official heard the cellphone call, too. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23483 on: November 14, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #23484 on: November 14, 2019, 01:40:04 PM »

Just so I can understand where you're coming from, look up Arthur Butz, an Electrical Engineering professor at Northwestern, and report back as to whether you consider Northwestern a "sewer."
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23485 on: November 14, 2019, 02:01:37 PM »

Just so I can understand where you're coming from, look up Arthur Butz, an Electrical Engineering professor at Northwestern, and report back as to whether you consider Northwestern a "sewer."
Huh?
Butz teaches electrical engineering.
His crazy views on the Holocaust are totally separate and have no bearing on what he teaches his students at  Northwestern

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #23486 on: November 14, 2019, 02:12:40 PM »

And Jackson Kennion "took to Twitter" to make his comments.  We have no idea what he taught his students.

Huh! Nice try though.

Kid called Berkeley a "sewer" because of Twitter comments by an instructor that he found offensive.  I'm just trying to determine if he would consider Northwestern a sewer because of a lot more than comments made by one of its Professors that most would find equally offensive.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:19:09 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23487 on: November 14, 2019, 02:13:17 PM »

Huh?
Butz teaches electrical engineering.
His crazy views on the Holocaust are totally separate and have no bearing on what he teaches his students at  Northwestern

Huh?

Only the fourth impeachment inquiry in our history under accusations more far reaching than any other with profound implications on foreign policy and the health of our Democracy, with new revelations re: Trump’s involvement coming out every day, but let’s debate a Philosophy TA’s tweet!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23489 on: November 14, 2019, 02:36:00 PM »

And Jackson Kennion "took to Twitter" to make his comments.  We have no idea what he taught his students.

Huh! Nice try though.

Kid called Berkeley a "sewer" because of Twitter comments by an instructor that he found offensive.  I'm just trying to determine if he would consider Northwestern a sewer because of a lot more than comments made by one of its Professors that most would find equally offensive.

It's in Chicago, right?
Pages: 1 ... 1564 1565 [1566] 1567 1568 ... 4288