Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1609708 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23805 on: November 20, 2019, 02:19:07 PM »

So...who helped Sondland craft his opener - or had final approval on it?

Why?  What's your point?

It's obvious somebody advised Sondland not to include his conversation with Trump in his opener

How so, obvious?  And what's your point?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23806 on: November 20, 2019, 02:21:33 PM »

Seems another very good day for the Trumps

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23807 on: November 20, 2019, 02:21:49 PM »

His lawyer.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23808 on: November 20, 2019, 02:24:26 PM »

Seems another very good day for the Trumps
Kevin Bacon in Animal House.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

barton

« Reply #23809 on: November 20, 2019, 02:25:08 PM »

You can try someone for murder on the basis of gunpowder residue on their shirt.  You don't need to see them fire the gun. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23810 on: November 20, 2019, 02:25:18 PM »

Why?  What's your point?

It's obvious somebody advised Sondland not to include his conversation with Trump in his opener

Wouldn't matter to someone (you, perhaps?) who feels, "I want NOTHING from the Ukraine" has no meaning.  DOES matter to many others.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #23811 on: November 20, 2019, 02:30:13 PM »

Why?  What's your point?

Wouldn't matter to someone (you, perhaps?) who feels, "I want NOTHING from the Ukraine" has no meaning.  DOES matter to many others.
The "meaning" to anybody not waiving a foam finger is that our President contradicted himself.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

oilcan

« Reply #23812 on: November 20, 2019, 02:32:13 PM »

Why do the words of a chronic pathological liar (10,000 plus and counting....) matter in this regard?  Of course, Trump would deny that he wanted to gain from the transaction he set up, once it became known what he was up to.  The conversation with Trump wasn't in the Sondy opener because it was of no value.  The impeachment proceedings are about getting at the actual truth of what happened.  Sondland's "speculation" that two plus two equals four has advanced the case.  And shows that Pompeo, Perry, Giuliani, et al. were all complicit.  The powder residue is there for anyone to see.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23813 on: November 20, 2019, 02:33:23 PM »

So, go ahead, YG - have at it.  Pick this statement apart for us

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/politics/devin-nunes-opening-remarks-impeachment-hearing-november-20/index.html
Nope.  If he's not going to read SONDLAND's statement then I won't read his. 

And to use the "reasoning" of one of the leading intellectual lights on this board:

"I gave you just the one example.

"You leapt to the conclusion that I feel [Devin Nunes] is a [moron] solely due to this one instance."

Your example is not in the statement from Nunes that I linked to

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #23814 on: November 20, 2019, 02:36:30 PM »

At this point, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.  If you think Nunes is anything other than a Grade A dolt, I'm not surprised.  God love you.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23815 on: November 20, 2019, 02:41:50 PM »

Why?  What's your point?

“Tell him to do the right thing.”

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23816 on: November 20, 2019, 02:43:44 PM »

I am asking you, YG - what you disagree with in the statement I linked you to from Nunez.

And for now you choose to not take any step forward to discount any of it.

Makes you a coward, inept or just lazy.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #23817 on: November 20, 2019, 02:50:10 PM »

All 3!!!  Why would I want to play this game with you?  Suffice it to say there's plenty out there to demonstrate Nunes' lack of intellectual heft, which was the point I raised initially. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:02:10 PM by Yankguy1 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23818 on: November 20, 2019, 03:06:53 PM »

So, go ahead, YG - have at it.  Pick this statement apart for us

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/politics/devin-nunes-opening-remarks-impeachment-hearing-november-20/index.html

I’m not at all surprised that you think nothing is wrong with Nunes’ opening statement, but for any non Trumpist pointing out the lies/errors would be like shooting fish in a barrel. 

Overall, he takes a lot of time to present the 2016 investigations into Trump/Russia as crazy conspiracy mongering by the Democrats.  The fact is that it wasn’t a witch hunt with no premise.  And Mueller’s investigation was started by Republicans, and headed and overseen by Republicans.  And that investigation did indeed find collusion between the Trump campaign and the confirmed Russian efforts to “hack” the election, and more, we now have very good reason to think that Trump lied in his written responses to Mueller.  Yeah, nothing but nothingburgers.

And you have to laugh at his posturing that Democrats could not follow through on their conspiracy theories when the most famous episode re: Republicans defense of Trump during that period will forever be known as the “Nunes Memo” a supposedly bigger than Watergate big BIG revelation that would bring Obama and the Democrats to their knees that was hyped for weeks and ended up being so big a fucking zero when it finally arrived that Nunes disappeared from public view for 6 months.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23819 on: November 20, 2019, 04:16:48 PM »

I’m really enjoying Devin’s last stand. It’s a real pleasure watching him shrink moment by moment in front of the camera.

The Sept 9th phone call is great evidence for Trump’s awareness of culpability and mortal fear of being brought to account. Shaggy again, after the scheme was exposed.

Trump’s mortal fear of being brought to judgement may the last rational thread left in his tattered mind.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 4288