Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1589 1590 [1591] 1592 1593 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606920 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23850 on: November 21, 2019, 08:50:54 AM »

I don't think you are on to anything there

Don't be lead by the nose

Atta boy Pinochio don't let the facts fool you!

I read all the facts that you posted

(hint:  "They were debunked" is not a fact)

Kid I didn't post any facts in the post you responded to, I mocked you and called you Pinochio, as I came to the conclusion a long time ago you have no little regards for the facts and generally avoid them at all costs as they blow apart your hot takes.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23851 on: November 21, 2019, 08:54:16 AM »

The impeachment process (and trial in the Senate) is a total political process created by the Founding Fathers and can’t possibly succeed without the consent of the “ American People”.

Nope.  Nothing about impeachment's design is, in fact, a political process, outside of the fact that the people involved in it are elected every few years.  Impeachment in the House sets up a trial that is supposed to be judged on the facts.  This is why it isn't a 50/50 vote, but takes two thirds of the Senate to convict.

That it may be described as such may or may not be correct given current realities, but in truth its a cop-out used by Republicans now unwilling to do their duties as congressmen.

You have McConnell saying there isn't anything that will lead the Senate to convict.  Senators like Graham proudly saying they aren't following the hearings. All because of the political reality that they could never vote for removal, no matter how big the crimes the process reveals.  We have a President essentially free to commit whatever abuses of power he wishes, because he is protected by a highly partisan political party that benefits from that abuse.

If you think that is the process the Founding Fathers envisioned, you are delusional.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23852 on: November 21, 2019, 09:32:58 AM »

Impeachment wont continue without bipartisan House approval, remember?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23853 on: November 21, 2019, 09:42:13 AM »

Nunes in his opening gives Josh a whole new set of statements for him to say without explanation Dems have already rebuffed.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/21/politics/devin-nunes-opening-remarks-impeachment-hearing/index.html

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23854 on: November 21, 2019, 09:50:18 AM »

Impeachment wont continue without bipartisan House approval, remember?
And then Ukraine happened.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23855 on: November 21, 2019, 09:55:56 AM »

Nunes in his opening gives Josh a whole new set of statements for him to say without explanation Dems have already rebuffed.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/21/politics/devin-nunes-opening-remarks-impeachment-hearing/index.html

Nunes is bought, sold and certifiable...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #23856 on: November 21, 2019, 10:15:54 AM »

I don't believe we are journalistic hod carriers all assigned to do fact finding for Kid C.  Nunes tinfoil hat stories are widely covered and fact checked.   

Holmes, five minutes ago....

I then took the opportunity to ask Ambassador Sondland for his candid impression of the President’s views on Ukraine. In particular, I asked Ambassador Sondland if it was true that the President did not give s hit about Ukraine. Ambassador Sondland agreed that the President did not give a shit about Ukraine.

I asked why not, and Ambassador Sondland stated, the President only cares about, quote, unquote, big stuff. I noted that there was, quote, unquote, big stuff going on in Ukraine, like a war with Russia.

And Ambassador Sondland replied that he meant, quote, unquote, big stuff that benefits the President, like the quote, unquote, Biden investigation that Mr. Giuliani was pushing.   

They need to call the second witness to that conversation.

edit:   Suriya Jayanti
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:22:03 AM by barton »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23858 on: November 21, 2019, 10:19:39 AM »

I don't believe we are journalistic hod carriers all assigned to do fact finding for Kid C.  Nunes tinfoil hat stories are widely covered and fact checked.   

I then took the opportunity to ask Ambassador Sondland for his candid impression of the President’s views on Ukraine. In particular, I asked Ambassador Sondland if it was true that the President did not give s hit about Ukraine. Ambassador Sondland agreed that the President did not give a shit about Ukraine.

I asked why not, and Ambassador Sondland stated, the President only cares about, quote, unquote, big stuff. I noted that there was, quote, unquote, big stuff going on in Ukraine, like a war with Russia.

And Ambassador Sondland replied that he meant, quote, unquote, big stuff that benefits the President, like the quote, unquote, Biden investigation that Mr. Giuliani was pushing.  

You realize that Sondland's was just an opinion, right?

barton

« Reply #23859 on: November 21, 2019, 10:25:46 AM »

and what led Sondland to that opinion?  Good luck with your research.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23860 on: November 21, 2019, 10:27:18 AM »

You realize that Sondland's was just an opinion, right?

Lord you are thick and I mean that not in a complimentary way.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23861 on: November 21, 2019, 10:40:09 AM »

You really think Trump has no care of the Ukraine?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23862 on: November 21, 2019, 10:45:37 AM »

You really think Trump has no care of the Ukraine?

You think he does, outside of what they could have provided him for 2020 and the Russia-fed conspiracy theories he could use to absolve Putin of 2016 interference?

The guy who has had by his count 20 direct conversations with the "president" has an opinion on how he feels on the subject.  You refute that opinion with what, exactly?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #23863 on: November 21, 2019, 10:52:44 AM »

First off, it's a country, not a territory.  Drop the article in front of the country's name.  Ukraine.

Secondly, Yes.
Trump likes Putin and doesn't really care what Russia does within its traditional sphere of influence.  Trump also reportedly believes that Ukraine tried to help Hillary and screw him.

Therefore, Trump intentionally held up critical military aid and US support to a pretty desperate country with a new novice president.
Trump was only willing to help Ukraine if he got "a favor" and they did what Rudy asked them to do. 
hard to believe Trump really gave a shit about Ukraine, given that context and those actions.

Is any of that really in dispute?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23864 on: November 21, 2019, 11:19:33 AM »

Important point made in the hearings today:

Ukraine is at war.  And they still need our support in this war, outside of the security aid.  And it has been made clear to them that our support is contingent on their providing what our "president" wants; a list of asks that have nothing to do with the bipartisan US policy goals in the region, and everything to do with his domestic political goals.  They are still feeling the pressure.

That's an abuse of power.  And that's impeachable.
Pages: 1 ... 1589 1590 [1591] 1592 1593 ... 4288