Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1591 1592 [1593] 1594 1595 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584096 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23880 on: November 21, 2019, 04:19:23 PM »

Trump is of course in favor of ending the corruption in Ukraine.  And bolstering their military.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23881 on: November 21, 2019, 04:30:52 PM »

Trump is of course in favor of ending the corruption in Ukraine.  And bolstering their military.

Check, please!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23882 on: November 21, 2019, 04:37:23 PM »

Trump may now think that delivering Ukraine to Putin is the key to his ongoing trump tower Moscow project. Ukraine May be important to trump in that way, otherwise all he knows is that he hates the place because that’s where he got caught. He got suckered by Rudy who got suckered by Igor and Lev.

Watching Devin “Uber” Nunes makes me think the voters of his district will elect his cow rather than give him another term.

Setting aside politics, Biden has bigger hands than trump.

The corrupt president, in addition to fostering widespread corruption throughout the nation, draws the most corrupt actors available into his inner circle and to the support of his side.

I can’t wait till the next episode of imposter syndrome theater.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23883 on: November 21, 2019, 04:42:56 PM »

Trump took lethal aid to Ukraine out of the RNC platform. Once he had any power, it was the first thing he did. It was the only change he made.

Our new tough stance on supporting Ukraine with lethal defensive aid is the fruit of a strong bipartisan consensus since 2017 that it would be a very bad thing to be caught with trump under Putin’s thumb.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23884 on: November 21, 2019, 04:43:49 PM »

Trump may now think that delivering Ukraine to Putin is the key to his ongoing trump tower Moscow project. Ukraine May be important to trump in that way, otherwise all he knows is that he hates the place because that’s where he got caught. He got suckered by Rudy who got suckered by Igor and Lev.

Watching Devin “Uber” Nunes makes me think the voters of his district will elect his cow rather than give him another term.

Setting aside politics, Biden has bigger hands than trump.

The corrupt president, in addition to fostering widespread corruption throughout the nation, draws the most corrupt actors available into his inner circle and to the support of his side.

I can’t wait till the next episode of imposter syndrome theater.

This is who ?Trump has always been. This is the first t8me he’s painted himself into a corner he can’t bankrupt his way out.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23885 on: November 21, 2019, 05:10:14 PM »

Rudy, now in the clear light of bus headlights, sees that Cohen and Sondland look a whole lot better than trump right now in terms of being people with a future of not getting pelted with shit every time they appear in public.

Rudy’s public testimony will fall somewhere in the Advent Calendar.

He’s warm enough that he’s probably getting done on one side. Smells like it’s time to flip.

As a former prosecutor who flipped corrupt attorneys to testify against their criminal clients, Rudy knows when and why he’ll be obligated to come forward once he decides it’s his best path.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 05:13:51 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23886 on: November 21, 2019, 05:15:15 PM »

Some jackass: “Its not about Crimea, Barton.  I asked about a takeover of Ukraine.”

Trump took lethal aid to Ukraine out of the RNC platform. Once he had any power, it was the first thing he did. It was the only change he made.

Our new tough stance on supporting Ukraine with lethal defensive aid is the fruit of a strong bipartisan consensus since 2017 that it would be a very bad thing to be caught with trump under Putin’s thumb.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23887 on: November 21, 2019, 05:15:26 PM »

If Trump could find a political path to handing Vlad the keys to Kyiv, with a coupon for free pissing prostitutes, he would do it.

You're hopeless.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23888 on: November 21, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »

Trump is of course in favor of ending the corruption in Ukraine. 

Total bullshit.  In two conversations with Ukraine's President there is no documentation of his expressing a concern about corruption.  In fact the opposite.  in the second call he praised the ex-prosecutor that everyone, Republican and Democrat, and our allies, wanted out of office due to corruption.

Then using back channels, by the "president's" own orders, his lawyer and his lawyer's now indicted buddies were hatching schemes and getting info from that previous and corrupt regime. 

Trump was making Ukraine corrupt again in order to serve his domestic political interests.  He is "of course" in favor of ending corruption there?  You are totally and completely lost.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23889 on: November 21, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »

If Trump could find a political path to handing Vlad the keys to Kyiv, with a coupon for free pissing prostitutes, he would do it.

You're hopeless.

He is right.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23890 on: November 21, 2019, 05:20:46 PM »

The impeachment process (and trial in the Senate) is a total political process created by the Founding Fathers and can’t possibly succeed without the consent of the “ American People”.

Nope.  Nothing about impeachment's design is, in fact, a political process, outside of the fact that the people involved in it are elected every few years.  Impeachment in the House sets up a trial that is supposed to be judged on the facts.  This is why it isn't a 50/50 vote, but takes two thirds of the Senate to convict.

That it may be described as such may or may not be correct given current realities, but in truth its a cop-out used by Republicans now unwilling to do their duties as congressmen.

You have McConnell saying there isn't anything that will lead the Senate to convict.  Senators like Graham proudly saying they aren't following the hearings. All because of the political reality that they could never vote for removal, no matter how big the crimes the process reveals.  We have a President essentially free to commit whatever abuses of power he wishes, because he is protected by a highly partisan political party that benefits from that abuse.

If you think that is the process the Founding Fathers envisioned, you are delusional.

The defendant coordinating their defense strategy with the jurors.

Just exactly how the framers intended:

Top White House officials and Senate Republicans agreed that a full trial should be conducted if the House impeaches President Donald Trump, according to multiple people familiar with the matter.

A group of Republican senators met Thursday morning with White House counsel Pat Cipollone, counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner to discuss impeachment strategy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/21/white-house-backs-full-senate-trial-if-house-impeaches-trump-072578

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #23891 on: November 21, 2019, 05:24:42 PM »

Fiona Hill was awesome.

She played chess, while the Repubs ended up playing with themselves.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23892 on: November 21, 2019, 05:38:49 PM »

Fiona Hill was awesome.

Impressive motor mouth

We had the Brit and the Bot today

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23893 on: November 21, 2019, 05:40:40 PM »

I agree Banks. I think by “Deep State”, republicans are actually saying that in the face of certain officials they are entirely out of their depth. I don’t think it’s fair to paint Will Hurd with that term which is why you never hear him use it. The rest of the republicans on the committee are definitely part of the Derp state, which is how republicans define “intelligence”.

The result of the trial in the Senate is unlikely to be a removal of the disgusting creature infecting the body politic from the Oval Office while stealing as many tax dollars as he can snatch with his tiny grubby hands.

The trial in the Senate will result in an impeachment of republican Senators tasked with defending this creature, especially those up for re-election, in the eyes of their voters. Just as most GOP House Intelligence Committee members, including pinch hitter Gym Jordan, are now starting to say farewell to their offices, as GOP Judiciary Committee members will soon start to do, the Senators on the wrong side of the isle will feel enormous pressure to join the Bonsai charge of Nunes’ folly, backing dumb-dumb trump right back off their own electoral cliffs.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23894 on: November 21, 2019, 05:43:31 PM »

Trump was making Ukraine corrupt again in order to serve his domestic political interests.  He is "of course" in favor of ending corruption there?  You are totally and completely lost.

heh

No.

“I ran one election and I won, happened to be for president,” said Trump. “I don’t care politically. I’m going to run another election, I think I’m winning based on polls that we see. Whether I win or not, I have to do the right thing. I don’t do things for political reasons...”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-obama-putin-russia-crimea-annexation-g7-172034972.html
Pages: 1 ... 1591 1592 [1593] 1594 1595 ... 4288