Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1592 1593 [1594] 1595 1596 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605950 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23895 on: November 21, 2019, 05:45:06 PM »

The result of the trial in the Senate is unlikely to be a removal of the disgusting creature infecting the body politic from the Oval Office ...

heh

At least you got one thing right

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23896 on: November 21, 2019, 05:48:04 PM »

If trump wanted his words to mean anything at this late date, he should have lied tens of thousands of times less often since he started posing as president.

http://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/prosecutors-investigating-the-trump-organization-zero-in-on-trump-cfo-allen-weisselberg/

Oh, poor Allen. We all knew this day would come.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23897 on: November 21, 2019, 05:51:06 PM »

Neither the president nor his sons appear to be in Vance’s crosshairs at this point in the investigation...

Thanks for the link

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #23898 on: November 21, 2019, 05:55:24 PM »

Fiona Hill was awesome.

Impressive motor mouth

We had the Brit and the Bot today

She's an American.

But to stick with your aliteration, damn shame we didn't get the Boss Bolt.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23899 on: November 21, 2019, 05:59:43 PM »

Neither the president nor his sons appear to be in Vance’s crosshairs at this point in the investigation...

Thanks for the link

Your welcome.

The house needs to keep impeachment open till Valentine’s Day, then send it to the Senate. This way republicans like Tillis in NC with early March primaries can make their opening statements, staying with their key staff in Washington for hearings in the weeks before their primaries occur and continue the trial after those results become known and those Senators start playing solely for their statewide audiences.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 06:03:30 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23900 on: November 21, 2019, 06:16:23 PM »

Fiona Hill was awesome.

Impressive motor mouth

She's an American.

But to stick with your aliteration, damn shame we didn't get the Boss Bolt.

Fiona Hill and Vindman reminded me of a line from ‘Hamilton.’

“Immigrants, we get the job done.”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23901 on: November 21, 2019, 06:25:11 PM »

Trump was making Ukraine corrupt again in order to serve his domestic political interests.  He is "of course" in favor of ending corruption there?  You are totally and completely lost.

heh

No.

“I ran one election and I won, happened to be for president,” said Trump. “I don’t care politically. I’m going to run another election, I think I’m winning based on polls that we see. Whether I win or not, I have to do the right thing. I don’t do things for political reasons...”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-obama-putin-russia-crimea-annexation-g7-172034972.html
Who cares.what he says publicly. Look at what he says and does privately.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23902 on: November 21, 2019, 06:34:37 PM »

Trump was making Ukraine corrupt again in order to serve his domestic political interests.  He is "of course" in favor of ending corruption there?  You are totally and completely lost.

heh

No.

“I ran one election and I won, happened to be for president,” said Trump. “I don’t care politically. I’m going to run another election, I think I’m winning based on polls that we see. Whether I win or not, I have to do the right thing. I don’t do things for political reasons...”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-obama-putin-russia-crimea-annexation-g7-172034972.html

Oh, well if the "president" said so, it must be true.  We've never known him to lie or misrepresent anything.

You are, as I said, totally and completely lost.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23903 on: November 21, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »

heh

No.

Who cares.what he says publicly. Look at what he says and does privately.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/15/politics/parnas-trump-special-mission-ukraine/index.html

Trump had no interest in making Ukraine less corrupt.  Zero.  He was, in fact, exporting his corruption to Ukraine.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23904 on: November 21, 2019, 06:38:08 PM »

"No man has a right to raise a hand to a woman - EXCEPT IN SELF DEFENSE"

- Uncle Joe, 11/20/18

Wrong again.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23905 on: November 21, 2019, 06:38:18 PM »

Fiona Hill was awesome.

Impressive motor mouth

Your Nationalism is an ugly thing.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23906 on: November 21, 2019, 06:40:39 PM »

"No man has a right to raise a hand to a woman - EXCEPT IN SELF DEFENSE"

- Uncle Joe, 11/20/18

Wrong again.

Yes.  Best change the subject.

barton

« Reply #23907 on: November 21, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »

After the brave bodacious Brit, best bring Boss Bolton on board to brag on his balk about Burisma boards and Biden bashing bumbles. 

Seriously, I am smitten by Fiona Hill.  Her brains, poise, steely resolve to do the right thing, professionalism, no-nonsense attitude, and lovely North Country accent (Durham, north of Yorkshire, which is why she sounds like the staff at Downton Abbey) were a bright spot in the whole proceedings.   Something about her face makes me think of one of those early Anglo-Americans in a Gilbert Stuart or John Singleton Copley portrait - like George Washington's cutest cousin.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 06:53:58 PM by barton »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23908 on: November 21, 2019, 06:56:55 PM »

Something about her face makes me think of one of those early Anglo-Americans in a Gilbert Stuart or John Singleton Copley portrait - like George Washington's cutest cousin.

Wow, nailed it.

Most important moment of the day, one of the most important in whole proceedings thus far, came when she shoved a question from Cantor right back onto him by describing how she and her people were concerned with national security, while Sondland was conducting a mission concerned with domestic politics.  "..so there was a divergence." 

Also loved how in the midst of it Nunes mumbled something to Castor that could only have been "shut this down."

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23909 on: November 21, 2019, 07:55:17 PM »

The U.S. Secret Service paid more than $250,000 to President Trump’s private businesses in just the first five months of his presidency — paying Trump’s company an average of nearly $2,000 per day, according to Secret Service records.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/secret-service-spent-quarter-of-a-million-dollars-at-trumps-properties-in-first-five-months-of-his-term-records-show/2019/11/21/ea66d588-0c80-11ea-8397-a955cd542d00_story.html
Pages: 1 ... 1592 1593 [1594] 1595 1596 ... 4288