Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1600 1601 [1602] 1603 1604 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007498 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24016 on: November 24, 2019, 05:31:18 PM »

It’s easy to see Putin’s interest in Trump’s attacks on the Navy. Imposter is doing what he can for his boss while the walls are closing in.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24017 on: November 24, 2019, 06:24:33 PM »

“These demonstrably false and scandalous stories published by the Daily Beast and CNN are the perfect example of defamation and reckless disregard for the truth,” Nunes told Breitbart News. “Some political operative offered these fake stories to at least five different media outlets before finding someone irresponsible enough to publish them. I look forward to prosecuting these cases, including the media outlets, as well as the sources of their fake stories, to the fullest extent of the law. I intend to hold the Daily Beast and CNN accountable for their actions. They will find themselves in court soon after Thanksgiving.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/devin-nunes-cnn-daily-beast-republicans
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24018 on: November 24, 2019, 07:13:43 PM »

oilcan

« Reply #24019 on: November 24, 2019, 07:18:38 PM »

“These demonstrably false and scandalous stories published by the Daily Beast and CNN are the perfect example of defamation and reckless disregard for the truth,” Nunes told Breitbart News. “Some political operative offered these fake stories to at least five different media outlets before finding someone irresponsible enough to publish them. I look forward to prosecuting these cases, including the media outlets, as well as the sources of their fake stories, to the fullest extent of the law. I intend to hold the Daily Beast and CNN accountable for their actions. They will find themselves in court soon after Thanksgiving.”

A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.  You let us know when suit is actually brought.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24020 on: November 24, 2019, 07:52:20 PM »

Heh. I am sure it will be at least as valid as his suits against McClatchy and his cow.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24021 on: November 24, 2019, 10:14:49 PM »

I recommend that you not hold your breath for those suits.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24022 on: November 24, 2019, 10:23:43 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24023 on: November 24, 2019, 10:35:54 PM »

Yes

Best if Nunes gets satisfaction with no actual proceedings

W'll see

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24024 on: November 25, 2019, 12:20:42 AM »

I think we were misinterpreting Mulvaney’s very public declaration of guilt. Though he was asked about foreign policy, he is acting chief of staff and full time OMB director. His experience would be centered on day-to-day operations. Mulvaney told us not that foreign policy is for sale for the price of illegal quid pro quos to personally benefit the president, but that all policy and operations of the U.S. government are being managed in this very corrupt manner. Rather than getting over it, we will continue to investigate further.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24025 on: November 25, 2019, 01:18:21 AM »

Yes

W'll see

It's unlikely that he will get any satisfaction. Or that you will.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24026 on: November 25, 2019, 01:19:28 AM »

Kiid did get up with fleas.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24027 on: November 25, 2019, 05:55:02 AM »

Yes

W'll see
Best if people like him get hit hard for attorney's fees for bringing unwarranted SLAPP suits. His attempt as an elected official to intimidate and silence negative coverage through litigation should be stopped.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24028 on: November 25, 2019, 07:42:25 AM »

Yes

W'll see

Moo!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24029 on: November 25, 2019, 08:43:34 AM »

Best if people like him get hit hard for attorney's fees for bringing unwarranted SLAPP suits. His attempt as an elected official to intimidate and silence negative coverage through litigation should be stopped.

If he has the goods he will proceed.  If not, you will see it fizzle out and you can see it as simply blowing off steam or PR.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:30:25 AM by kidcarter8 »
Pages: 1 ... 1600 1601 [1602] 1603 1604 ... 4288