Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1611 1612 [1613] 1614 1615 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1580197 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24180 on: November 29, 2019, 01:12:35 PM »

The Sudan/Aussie nut reminds me of a great TC Boyle story called "Friendly Skies."   

Weather madness here in the US.  Snow blocking interstate 5 south of Bakersfield.  Elevation at Grapevine is only about 1500 ft.   For those unfamiliar with SoCal, snow at that elevation is some crazy weather.   Planetary warming means more weird extremes, due to greater energy in the atmosphere disrupting the polar jet stream.  When it collapses, arctic air pours down to latitudes where it rarely goes.  Last week, they were having a heat wave.
Well, T C Boyle writes fiction.
So does Trump.

So does Ward.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24181 on: November 29, 2019, 01:13:25 PM »

When Australia finishes burning down, you won’t be sending us any more undesirables.

Holy shit - how big a dick are you?

Irony, thy name is Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #24182 on: November 29, 2019, 01:26:49 PM »

The Sudan/Aussie nut reminds me of a great TC Boyle story called "Friendly Skies."   

Weather madness here in the US.  Snow blocking interstate 5 south of Bakersfield.  Elevation at Grapevine is only about 1500 ft.   For those unfamiliar with SoCal, snow at that elevation is some crazy weather.   Planetary warming means more weird extremes, due to greater energy in the atmosphere disrupting the polar jet stream.  When it collapses, arctic air pours down to latitudes where it rarely goes.  Last week, they were having a heat wave.
Well, T C Boyle writes fiction.
So does Trump.

Just to clarify, since Lime already dropped by with the good rejoinder:  The first paragraph of my post was not related to the second paragraph.  First paragraph just recommended a darkly funny short story about air travel.  Second paragraph, change of topic, to weird weather and a change in the climate.  Not related to the Boyle story.

So, if Red's reply is to the first paragraph, then it's trivially true.  Well, yes, Boyle writes fiction.

If the reply is to the second paragraph, it is a non sequitur, since I wasn't citing Boyle as a climate scientist. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24183 on: November 29, 2019, 01:41:01 PM »

When Australia finishes burning down, you won’t be sending us any more undesirables.

If you are finally ready to get off of trump’s dick, congratulations on your progress.

If you are looking for another dick on which to land, sorry. You are not my type.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24184 on: November 29, 2019, 01:49:46 PM »

<spit take>
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24185 on: November 29, 2019, 01:51:49 PM »

If you are finally ready to get off of trump’s dick, congratulations on your progress.

If you are looking for another dick on which to land, sorry. You are not my type.

<spit take II>
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24186 on: November 29, 2019, 02:22:09 PM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5de0c4a9e4b00149f72cd57d

Sounds like there are other rats ready to get off the U.S.S. Evil Prick.

The GOP pirate ship be sinking.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24187 on: November 29, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/27/politics/pentagon-concern-trump-decision-making/index.html

Faaaaaaaake newsssss....

Hey Kiid, your congenital defects are showing.

Be thankful you are in a country that is so much better than you can ever hope to be.

I’m thankful there will be nobody to carry forward you depraved idiocy when you’re gone.

I dunno. He has offspring.

If that’s true, nice legacy he’s built for them.

http://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xwen83/were-about-to-cross-9-critical-climate-tipping-points-scientists-say

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24190 on: November 29, 2019, 02:50:25 PM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5de0c4a9e4b00149f72cd57d

Sounds like there are other rats ready to get off the U.S.S. Evil Prick.

The GOP pirate ship be sinking.

My favorite part of that reference was when the reporter asked, “how low can it go?” and Micheal Ray replied, “Sky’s the limit!”

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

oilcan

« Reply #24192 on: November 29, 2019, 06:54:57 PM »

Just for giggles....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/29/brazils-president-claims-dicaprio-paid-for-amazon-fires

One Brazilian created a webpage to attribute blame for the South American country’s various ills to a cast of Hollywood stars.

In it Tom Hanks was blamed for Brazil’s high taxes, Penélope Cruz for unemployment, Daniel Radcliffe for impunity, Johnny Depp for deforestation and Kate Winslet for its education crisis.

Harrison Ford found himself charged with responsibility for Brazil’s Kafkaesque bureaucracy while the government debt was the fault of Adam Sandler.     

Political satire is alive and well in Brazil. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24193 on: November 29, 2019, 07:13:36 PM »

Daniel Radcliffe is no Hollywood star

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24194 on: November 29, 2019, 08:41:48 PM »

Daniel Radcliffe is no Hollywood star
Do you love the whooshing sounds points make when they go whizzing past your head?
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.
Pages: 1 ... 1611 1612 [1613] 1614 1615 ... 4288