Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1623 1624 [1625] 1626 1627 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1598868 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24360 on: December 03, 2019, 05:17:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/Yamiche

Lev Parnas' attorney, Joseph Bondy, tells me: "Everything that Mr. Parnas has been attempting to convey to Congress and the American public would appear to be validated by the existence of phone records for Devin Nunes, Rudy Giuliani, President Trump."

Lev Parnas' attorney, Joseph Bondy, added: "Devin Nunes was definitely part of an attempt to gather information about the Bidens. He was definitely involved in Ukraine. He definitely had involvement in the GOP shadow diplomacy efforts in Ukraine, contrary to his claims."

Lev Parnas had "no idea" that House Intel Committee had phone records of his calls w/ Rudy Giuliani and Devin Nunes. But Parnas' lawyer said it is "particularly gratifying" that physical evidence of Nunes' connection has been revealed through phone records after Nunes' denials.

Notable, Schiff told Rachael Maddow that his office is in contact with Parnas and his attorneys. 

The House Intelligence Committee Chair is 100% professional, but you have to think he will take some pleasure in skewering the fraudster Nunes after he slammed the public hearings in every session.

Kangaroo Court?  Like when a questioning member is implicated in the crime but doesn't recuse himself from the proceedings?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24361 on: December 03, 2019, 05:18:29 PM »

I always get Kangaroo Courts and Captain Kangaroo mixed up.  Wait....
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24362 on: December 03, 2019, 05:22:12 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/27/kamala-harris-black-women-progressives-support-record

Where ToddlerCarter8 reaches back 11 months to try to find some support for his racist punditry, finds the opposite, but doesn't know it because he didn't bother to read the piece he posted a link to.

Dumbass.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24363 on: December 03, 2019, 05:28:43 PM »

So Adam Schiff et al are ready to impeach and their “ smoking gun(s) are Call Logs?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24364 on: December 03, 2019, 05:41:25 PM »

So Adam Schiff et al are ready to impeach and their “ smoking gun(s) are Call Logs?

Bark bark goes the sea lion.

The quality of the Trump defense on this forum speaks volumes.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24365 on: December 03, 2019, 05:44:11 PM »

Bark bark goes the sea lion.

The quality of the Trump defense on this forum speaks volumes.
What’s on the call logs?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24366 on: December 03, 2019, 05:46:07 PM »

Smoking guns are the public confessions from the big puppet itself. The call logs tie the flunkies with no ability to pretend presidential immunity to the hefty scumbag himself in the war for Russia against The United States.

We know you are slow, BrainDeadRed, but try to keep up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24367 on: December 03, 2019, 05:53:24 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/27/kamala-harris-black-women-progressives-support-record

Where ToddlerCarter8 reaches back 11 months to try to find some support for his racist punditry, finds the opposite, but doesn't know it because he didn't bother to read the piece he posted a link to.

Dumbass.

Actually it was just posted as information

Be good now.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24368 on: December 03, 2019, 05:54:46 PM »

Dictionary.com has named Existential as its
“ Word of The Year”.
Imagine that.  A word almost no one uses except the media elitists.
I’m betting on Greta Sunberg as Time Magazine’s Person of the Year.

We can only hope.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24369 on: December 03, 2019, 05:58:25 PM »

“ Word of The Year”.

That you live in a world in which the only times you hear the word existential is when the media "elitists" use it speaks volumes about the company you keep. It is common vernacular in my professional world as well as in my social circles, with the Thunberg-esque aspect of it being neither dominant nor starting with her in the climate crisis sense.

What a small world you occupy.

Will she be PotY on Time? Wouldn't be a shock, though I suspect she be one of many if they go that way, as she is not alone in what she does.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24370 on: December 03, 2019, 05:58:45 PM »

“ Word of The Year”.

As I understand it, Sea Lions and Squirrels will be featured prominently in the frieze on the pediment above the Trump Presidential Library and Spa, one of the upcoming amenities you'll find at Trump National Doral.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24371 on: December 03, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »

“ Word of The Year”.

That you live in a world in which the only times you hear the word existential is when the media "elitists" use it speaks volumes about the company you keep. It is common vernacular in my professional world as well as in my social circles, with the Thunberg-esque aspect of it being neither dominant nor starting with her in the climate crisis sense.

Will she be PotY on Time? Wouldn't be a shock, though I suspect she be one of many if they go that way, as she is not alone in what she does.

Come on Josh.  We are talking about a guy who thinks "Your favorite form of literature is Fiction" is an insult.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24372 on: December 03, 2019, 06:02:20 PM »

“ Word of The Year”.

Come on Josh.  We are talking about a guy who thinks "Your favorite form of literature is Fiction" is an insult.
Red is just a salt-of-the-earth guy from flyover country (with a tax cut) and doesn't care much for them, there, newfangled words from the coastal elites.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:04:05 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24373 on: December 03, 2019, 06:02:34 PM »

“ Word of The Year”.

Red is just a salt-of-the-earth Midwestern guy.  With a tax cut.
“ Word of The Year”.
I’m betting on Greta Thunberg as Time Magazine’s Person of the Year.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24374 on: December 03, 2019, 06:02:43 PM »

Romney the Weathervane's coming out about Ukraine was not a big surprise, but as ever his voting remains a big question mark.

Having Graham come out blasting folks on the Russian inteference vs. Ukraine's non-involvement was a surprise. It's still hard to picture him voting to remove Trump from office, but at least he is honest about this much.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/politics/lindsey-graham-russia-election-meddling-ukraine-conspiracy/index.html
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1623 1624 [1625] 1626 1627 ... 4288