Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1660 1661 [1662] 1663 1664 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595528 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24915 on: December 10, 2019, 07:14:08 PM »

Judge Napolitano is not among my favorite people.

Democrats are not among his favorite people.

But his view on the issue of obstruction is clear and consistent:

You’d think the room moderator could find a way to format.

barton

« Reply #24916 on: December 10, 2019, 07:15:59 PM »

My replies in italics, throughout (sometimes followed by links)

Let us all know when you get to Koch Industries that were taken over by Charles and David in 1983. and its subsequent investment strategies.
it might take more time that your hurried previous Google search.

Not hurried.  Been aware of the Koch family since the 1960s, when we lived in Wichita.  Sure, they've done a fair amount of whitewashing and laundering since the 80s.  Dave sponsors "Nova"!  Woohoo.   Meanwhile the dark money flows.  And flows.
And flows where?

Tea party.
A Conservative movement based on the Kochs’ Libertarian ideals of free markets and limited government.

A far-right movement based on sneaking in Libertarian hogwash that failed with voters when it was the LP platform
Union busting.
Like what
Janus and fair-share fees; 60 years of Koch attacks on unions, look it up
Science denial/distortion
Take a trip to the Museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian
Take a trip to Greenland, or Lapland, or Alaska, or the Sierras, or the Midwest....climate science denial is Koch's specialty, including paid "experts" to spread disinformation

ALEC (buying legislators and judges....)
a non profit consortium of conservative lawmakers sharing ideas

Here you go....

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/29/alec-corporate-funders-charles-koch/

buying immunity from penalties for polluting, promoting white nationalism and Islamophobia,
absurd

Google David Horowitz hate speech anti-Islamic ALEC.   Enjoy.

dismantling public education
advocating school choice is not dismantling public education  see  Cory Booker or Barack Obama.

They go well beyond "choice" or what Booker favors....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/10/16/koch-network-says-it-wants-remake-public-education-that-means-destroying-it-says-author-new-book-billionaire-brothers/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/07/arizona-fight-koch-brothers-school-vouchers

Citizens for a Sound Economy
See Tea Party answer

See Mayer in The NYer...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/08/30/covert-operations

In1980, you may recall that David Koch was the Libertarian candidate for VPOTUS.  The party’s plans included the abolition of Medicare, Medicaid, social security (to be made voluntary), the Department of Transportation, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Energy, the Food and Drug Administration, and the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The L party also sought to privatize all roads and highways, to privatize all schools, to privatize all mail delivery and, eventually, the repeal of all taxation.

How have the Libertarians fared with the voters?

See first reply.  I.e. poorly, which is why they went covert and retrofitted the GOP.   

barton

« Reply #24917 on: December 10, 2019, 07:20:17 PM »

Looks like Larry slipped in with some answers before me.   Anywho, always plenty to research on the many tentacled Koch-y monster.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24918 on: December 10, 2019, 07:25:58 PM »

Red’s WIN 95 CRT screen can’t display too much of the image and he’s as bad at horizontal scrolling as is he is at formatting his posts or selling his lies.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24919 on: December 10, 2019, 07:27:52 PM »

Bill Barr is small enough to drown in Jeffery Epstein’s bathtub. That’s all you really need to know to understand this administration.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24920 on: December 10, 2019, 07:30:31 PM »

If only every household had a gun!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/us/alabama-boy-killed/index.html

A five-year-old boy was shot and killed in Alabama when his family got into a fight Saturday, police said.

Two family members pulled weapons and began shooting at each other during a fight when Tanarius Moore was struck around 2:30 p.m., a statement from Birmingham Police Sgt. Johnny Williams said.

If only there were good guys with guns around when a mass shooting was taking place!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pensacola-shooting-victims-were-aspiring-aviators-gunned-down-flight-school-n1097966

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/reported-shooting-pearl-harbor-naval-shipyard-security-forces-responding-n1096216

How do you know who the good guys with guns are in the middle of a firefight?

Well, you just make sure they have training!

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/miramar/fl-ne-police-response-18-cops-ups-driver-20191210-vtikqxukmjgv7fjtndudp3qnqm-story.html

Officers chased a hijacked UPS truck from Coral Gables to Miramar after the robbers held up a Regent Jewelers on Miracle Mile in Coral Gables. Killed in the gunfire were the robbers, Lamar Alexander and Ronnie Jerome Hill; the kidnapped UPS driver, Frank Ordoñez; and a commuter who was in his car, Richard Cutshaw.

Hey, the police only shot one civilian other than the hostage. That's not bad, right?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24921 on: December 10, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »

A cogent rebuttal of Napolitano's point by a serial formatting screw-up.

Also, I had no formatting problem on my screen, Ward. Take a screen shot so I can see what you are seeing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24922 on: December 10, 2019, 07:41:23 PM »

These were legal weapons Josh?  And cared for properly?

No?

Then what the fuck are you talking about?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24923 on: December 10, 2019, 07:44:44 PM »

If only there were good guys with guns around when a mass shooting was taking place!

The men on guard  at the base are not allowed to be armed

You're being a total dick, Josh

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24924 on: December 10, 2019, 07:50:30 PM »

The men on guard  at the base are not allowed to be armed

You're being a total dick, Josh

You don't get it.

The two military guys who did the shooting were supposed to be good guys! Yeah, one of them was a foreign national, but if we didn't think he was a good guy, presumably we would not have beeen teaching him how to fly jets! And nothing about the Pearl Harbor shooter said he was a bad guy until suddenly he was.

No, I am not being a dick, troll. I am pointing out that the presumption that there are good guys with guns is broken. Yeah, most people with guns won't do what they did, but we have no fucking clue how to tell one type from another for way too many cases!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24925 on: December 10, 2019, 07:53:32 PM »

No?

We have no information about whether they were well taken care of, Kid. We have no idea if they were legal, though I suspect they were.

What we know is that ownership of guns increases the chance of an accidental shooting by an enormous degree and that in places where there are more guns, more people die of gunshots - not just homicides, but suicides and accidents.

More facts you like to pretend don't exist, same as Bambi.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24926 on: December 10, 2019, 07:55:36 PM »

Also, I had no formatting problem on my screen, Ward. Take a screen shot so I can see what you are seeing.
Sorry.  Did not intend to make fun of your disabilities.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24927 on: December 10, 2019, 07:56:35 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24928 on: December 10, 2019, 07:57:55 PM »

Sorry.  Did not intend to make fun of your disabilities.

You don't know how to take a screen shot, huh?

And you still have nothing to say in response to Judge Napolitano's summary of the obstruction charge.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24929 on: December 10, 2019, 08:22:27 PM »

No?

We have no information about whether they were well taken care of, Kid. We have no idea if they were legal, though I suspect they were.

What we know is that ownership of guns increases the chance of an accidental shooting by an enormous degree and that in places where there are more guns, more people die of gunshots - not just homicides, but suicides and accidents.

More facts you like to pretend don't exist, same as Bambi.

I think you need another pet issue

You don't do too well with speaking to the firearms problem in our nation.
Pages: 1 ... 1660 1661 [1662] 1663 1664 ... 4288